TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShamRock

Just saw T3.....

Guest Youth N Asia

Arnold's said he won't do a T4...and it won't work without him. I would've liked to see a number 4 though, to put a finish on the whole thing.

Guest teke184

Thoughs of a possible T4

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Actually... the way T3 ended left it wide open for doing a T4 without Arnold. By having Judgment Day, we can finally get the post-apocalyptic battle movie that we've been teased with for 20 years now.

There is no REQUIREMENT that Arnold do T-4 unless they show him killing Connor then being sent back in time.

What we'll probably get out of T4 is the traditional middle part of a trilogy showing the fight against the machines and introducing the Kyle Reese character in the future before T5, where they storm Skynet's base/factory containing the time machine.

(I'd call T3 through T5 a new trilogy because T1 and T2 were both about preventing Judgment Day. These new movies would be about overcoming it instead.

Guest Shanghai Kid

T4 isn't neccesary, we know that the Humans win.

I'm confused, how would Kyle Reece still be alive?

Guest teke184
T4 isn't neccesary, we know that the Humans win.

I'm confused, how would Kyle Reece still be alive?

Kyle Reese died in T1... before he was ever born. He would still be alive in a future timeline.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

You...

Are...

Terminated.

Sorry, just felt like saying that.

Guest ShamRock

I just came back from seeing it. I liked it. Loken did a good job of playing the Terminatrix, but I don't think anybody will be better as Robert Patrick. Nick Stahl also did an excellent job of playing John Connor, but that's just my opinion.

I hope they make a T4.

Guest BigPoppaKev

I thought the movie was good but a little rushed. I think they could have added a good 30 min to it to maybe develop a more thought out plot. I see no way that there can't be a T4 after the ending in this one. I did enjoy it and was probably one of the better movies of the summer.

Guest HBK16

I liked the movie. I saw it twice. One of opening day and again Friday. I feel bad though cuz I didnt pay both times. Even though I dont work at the movie theatres anymore, I still get in for free.

I got back from seeing it tonight. Except for the gay ass ending, overall, I thought the movie kicked ass. I'm glad I waited 12 years for the follow-up sequel.

Here are my thoughts:

If Cameron wasn't being a lazy fuck, we would have had this movie a lot sooner. He hasn't done shit in between except for Titanic and TV series disaster of Dark Angel. If he had written the script, but chose not to do the movie, its his own fucking fault if he thinks "its not as good as it could have", what a fucking hypocrite.

I'm glad Ang Lee turned it down, I liked how the Hulk came out.

Arnold didn't lose his touch. A lot of funny parts too. Special effects were cool. The whole "Judgment Day got delayed" thing was confusing since they added in Kate and Kate's dad into the mix to mess around with what happened with Cyberdyne. I don't buy that bullshit, I'm pretty sure JD could have been prevented. And had Linda Hamilton not turned down the role for T3, her character wouldn't have been killed off in the movie like that. And I didn't like the actor who played John .

Guest ShamRock

Does anybody think that they're gonna release a box set, this year or next?

Guest Dangerous A

Just saw it today. I echo BigPoppaKev's sentiments in that it was good, but could've been more, especially developing more of the plot.

I loved the ending. That's all I'll say before I accidentally spoil.

Guest Lethargic

Mario Kassar said that stories for Terminators 4 through 6 are already in the works. So there will at least be a 4th without a doubt as long as this one makes money.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

We'll they'll certainly need to step up the time between the films. 10 year average between films doesn't exactly lend itself that well to 3 more movies..

Guest Lethargic

Without Cameron around to screw things up, they can actually get something done and it doesn't have to take that long now.

I say IF there is a T4, which i have to imagine there will be, have it take place in the future in 2029 and show the war between the humans and machines.

Wasn't a lot of, if not all of the human race wiped out by the nuclear attack at the end of the movie?

I saw it Friday and loved it. I only found one minor flaw that irritated me - that being Arnold not killing people without being programed not to do so (as he was in 2).

The ending was fantastic (best ending yet) and a perfect way to not only set the scene for another sequel but to also have the fans interested in one.

Guest imajackoff?

While it was a fine popcorn flick, I was missing the Linda Hamilton character the whole time. I think her presence in the Terminator storyline is more important than even Arnold's. I'd give it a 6/10.

Guest Black Lushus
And I didn't like the actor who played John .

Are you nuts, Nick Stahl is the man, have you NOT seen Bully?

Guest Black Lushus
While it was a fine popcorn flick, I was missing the Linda Hamilton character the whole time. I think her presence in the Terminator storyline is more important than even Arnold's. I'd give it a 6/10.

It's funny you say that...I went to see it today (great movie by the way) and I actually felt it was more of a story for JUST John Conner and Kate Brewster with Arnold merely a side character as opposed to the other movies. It just didn't seem like he had much of an impact in the overall story, it felt like John and Kate were doing well taking care of themselves (well after the first few scenes or so)...I think they could easily pull off at least one more movie and not even involve Arnold...

Guest Youth N Asia
And I didn't like the actor who played John .

Are you nuts, Nick Stahl is the man, have you NOT seen Bully?

He's a good enough actor, but Bully does not deserve the hype it gets.

Guest eiker_ir
Does anybody think that they're gonna release a box set, this year or next?

i would like that, but i doubt it since each movie is from a different studio

T1 - MGM

T2 - Artisan

T3 - Warner

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I say IF there is a T4, which i have to imagine there will be, have it take place in the future in 2029 and show the war between the humans and machines.

Wasn't a lot of, if not all of the human race wiped out by the nuclear attack at the end of the movie?

Ummm, dude they established in the FIRST Terminator that this happens and the remnants of the human race lead a war against the Machines with John Conner as the leader.

Duh.

Guest Blue Bacchus
Mario Kassar said that stories for Terminators 4 through 6 are already in the works. So there will at least be a 4th without a doubt as long as this one makes money.

*Head Explodes*

Yes! T3 was my favorite out of the trilogy and more T-flicks would rock! [/Mark]

Anyway, seeing as it's doing fairly decent at the box office and that studios wet themselves over franchises, there will be a T4.

Guest Lethargic

I just watched some interviews about T3. Arnold said he'd be very up to doing T4 if they made it. I don't see how he'd be in it though. Unless parts of him survived the end of the movie and John like rebuilds him or something crazy like that. Time wise, there should be no way he could be in it. Another interesting thing he said was that the studio wanted the whole crane car chase scene cut out cause it cost too much. So in order to save it Arnold had to foot the bill for that scene himself. Around 1.5 million. Plus, Nick Stahl is already signed up for 2 more movies.

Guest Youth N Asia

I could see Arnold doing T4 and maybe only being in it a little bit (like Drew in Scream).

Right now my ranking is T2>T3>T...although I could warm up to T3 and make it my favorite with another viewing.

Guest ant_7000

I saw it last night and it was ok. I liked T2 better, I think T4 should be made thou as the final installment.

Guest NoCalMike

I dunno if a new Terminator could sell without Arnold though. The only problem is, by T3 his model type is so obsolete, that by all sensical logic, he shouldn't even be able to put up a decent fight in T4. You'd think they could make Arnold a Liquid Metal T-1000, or something since the exterior skin/cells can probably be made into anyone.