TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest razazteca

Fantasy Football

I wanted to get this in before the games, so if I lose it doesn't look like petty bitching.

Next year, I think it would be a good idea to have the playoffs start a week earlier and have the championship on week 16. That way we can avoid most of the "they clinched the division, so they might bench people" scenarios.

I know he was good in college, but come on. Nice el choko by the Bengals.

:huh: El Choko?

I didn't know that Choko was the official mascot of the Bengals... Maybe that's where she was hiding all this time.

Congrats to your new TSM champions, the Laffayette Ephedras.

I am just happy I got blown out so there I can't piss myself off thinking about the little shit.

Just start calling me the Buffalo Bills. Two straight Super Bowl losses. Next year's my year. Really this time. :)

Why don't we have this again, next season?

And have whoever placed where, on the drafting list (unless they are either a - not coming back, or b - new team joining)? Might be an idea.

Oh, and I so think we should do an offline draft.

And congrats to the TSM champs, Laff.

If we are going to do an offline draft we need to start it now, at the rate the NBA one went.

That was my fault though, as I couldn't get a starting date for everyone and flubbed it up.

That was the major problem. However, to do it offline, I think it should be done in Round to Round.

Like say such and such date is "Round One". Then everyone does Round One. The next day is Round Two, etc.

If you can not make a day, you send 3 to 5 top choices that you'd like as your pick.

If you forget to make a pick, it will randomly be done for you (not sure how'd that work).

A few ideas for next year

A) 20 teams is too many

B) If we stick with 20 teams, make individual defensive players available.

C) I like the idea of drafting in reverse order of finish for this year.

D) I dont think you can do a keeper league in yahoo.

E) 8 teams out of 20 is plenty for the playoffs.

Next year is gonna be my fantasy football year. I finished 11-5-1 in my other league (no playoffs) in a 4 way tie for 3nd place and I didnt make nearly as many moves as I did in this league (although I did pull of a preaseason Jamal Lewis for Laverneus Coles trade that was just a steal..) I think I need to draft better next year..

Congrats to the Ephedras...

Now its off to Fantasy Basketball where Im getting my ass kicked...and then fantasy baseball is just around the corner...

Congrats to the Ephedras. I'm pretty annoyed at the semifinal loss though...I can't believe Trent Green put up negative points and DJ put up none at all. Bah. Oh well. The Ephedras deserve it if only for the marvelous move of picking up Lee Suggs.

I thought the online draft was a blast. We just need to make sure to get people who will bother to show up, so we won't have the Tampa defense getting picked up before Ahman Green.

I thought the 20 team league was great. Every team had a chance to win even with the depleted rosters, and it was fun trying to find those "diamond in the rough" kinda players.

A reverse order draft is fine, but how many people are actually sticking around for next year? If bravesfan decides he's not in, some other person gets the coveted number 1 spot? Might as well make it random again. Besides, picking high wasn't that much of an advantage...I did well and I picked last. Whalers picked pretty late too. Go us.

I'd love a Keeper league, but as Marvin said, doesn't seem like Yahoo offers one. Bah.

Anyways, it was a blast this year. HHH will be back next year. I shall endeavor to hold everyone down.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

*basks*

I picked first, but of course only about a third of those picks were still on my team after the first month, so maybe draft position isn't so important.

I actually liked having such a big league, but we should cut down the rosters. Finding two backs much less three was impossible. I just got lucky with Green getting suspended like a day after I picked up James Jackson, and so I rode the Browns RB carousel to victory.

anyway, congrats to myself for rocking so hard. good job.

and before you get too upset over results, remember that I'm like 20 games below .500 in basketball.

And I'm just DEAD last in basketball. So no biggy STR.

Anyways, I'll put my name in the hat for returnees for next year.

I really think that 20 teams CAN be managable, but as has been mentioned, too many roster choices to be made. Too many benches as well.

I think 3 benches would be fine. As for the rest, it will depend on next year.

Also, maybe we should like try... A full roster. All positions and stuff... That would DEFINITELY be interesting, I'd think. Yet, I so know we aren't going to get that far.

Oh! And add defensive players to those we choose, so as we can really add some pain to decisions.

Football - Jobbed to HHH and forgot password for Marvin's league.

Baseball - The league woke up and knocked me down to Velocity.

Basketball - See baseball for last season summary. This season has potential.

Hockey - Injuries are killing my goaltenders

for a complete team with full defense look here http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1...id=203023&mid=5 ..............DAMN YOU MICHEAL VICK.

I am certainly in for another year. I must defend my title as JTTS (perfect title for Super Bowl jobber).

Uh yeah.....and I forgot the password to Marvins league as well. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Heh. I cleared all my cookies last week and forgot the password as well. I was gonna set up playoffs. Im not gonna bother trying to run a league off some other site besides yahoo. I thought the idea of trying to run a seperate smaller keeper league would have been a good idea but it didnt turn out that way.

Heh. I cleared all my cookies last week and forgot the password as well. I was gonna set up playoffs. Im not gonna bother trying to run a league off some other site besides yahoo. I thought the idea of trying to run a seperate smaller keeper league would have been a good idea but it didnt turn out that way.

:D Hey... If that means someone else must run the Smartmarks Fantasy Football Season, I WILL!

I won my leauge this year, first time in 5 years or something.

I almost won last year, but one of my running backs, I forgot who it was, fumbled in the game so I lost by 1 or 2 points.

Anyway I won this year, so that means I get to be in the championship league next year.

Has anyone been in one before? Is it any different?