TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

Board Games.

Guest Choken One

I noticed we don't have a Thread to dicuss the AWESOMENESS of Board Games...

What are YOUR favorites and least favorites?

Guest The Notorious CRD

I have to go with the all-time greatness that is... Monopoly.

Other favorites include: Trivial Pursuit & Yahtzee.

Guest caboose

'Monopoly' owns you all, especially when whiskey is involved.

'Game of Life', 'Othello' and 'TMNT Power Game' are great as well.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Pictionary. Okay not really a board game, but still as fun as putting a squirrel down your pants.

Guest starvenger

- Monopoly's always a good time waster.

- Chess is good every once in a while, though I get my ass kicked a lot in that.

- Trivial Pursuit. Gotta love those trivia games.

- Star Wars. I think I still have that somewhere...

Least favourites:

- Snakes/Chutes and Ladders, believe it or not.

- Just about any game based on a TV show. Most of them were pretty bad. Again, I think I still have a couple - Knight Rider and CHiPs

Guest Brush with Greatness

It's hard to make a bad board game.

Some of my favourites include Hotels (like a 3d version of Monopoly), Risk, Malarkey and Dream Phone. That's right, Dream Phone. Kick ass game.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I had a reverse Monopoly game called Go for Broke. The goal was to lose all your money and property through bad decisions and wind up in the poor house. Like you'd play the stock market or bet on a horse race, but if they came through then you would make more money and get screwed. Just as fun as Monopoly.

And I have to name drop the all time classics of Clue and Risk.

Guest Retro Rob

Risk is by far the best. You can play that game for DAYS on end.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

I have Monopoly and Scrabble for my PS2, so much for the board.

I also have this Chess game where the board is twice as big and there are four armies instead of 2 -- talk about a royal rumble.

However, my favorite board game has to be Backgammon -- it's like chess on crack.

Lots of strategy that takes no time at all to play...

Guest Black Lushus

Anybody remember a game called Thunder Road, came out late 80s...it's a Mad Max setting, comes with a bunch of cars and some helicoptors and a 3 piece board that formed a road...the game pretty much kept going and going until you or your enemies were dead, when you got to the end of the road, you take the first piece off and attach it to the last piece to keep the road going...

Guest Star Ocean 3

Hotels kicks ass. Solarquest is a slightly better version of Monopoly, too.

Fireball Island is one you can play over and over and not get tired of.

I remember some commercials for 13 Dead End Drive a decade ago or so, that's another great one. And Daytona 500 is about as good.

More old stuff like Landslide, Rich Uncle, Good Guys n' Bad Guys, and By Jove are awesome.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I hade Fireball Island. It was indeed an awesome game. Although, I never thought it worked quite as well as it showed in the commercials.

I also had this sequal to Clue, forget the exact name. It was a 3-D board and you had paintings that the players could place in any of the rooms they wanted. One person was the Thief, while the rest were the standard Clue characters. The thief was invisible, he didn't have a piece on the board, but rather charted his moves on his own personal pad that had a sketch of the board on it. The other players had to guess where the thief would strike and try to head him off. If they got in sight of the thief, then he would become visible with his own piece on the board and you had to chase him and catch him, (land on his square) before he could make it to one of the exits. I forget all the little details.

Guest Ravenbomb

Favorite: Clue, Scrabble, Monopoly, Trivial Peruits, Chess

Least Favorite: This one X-Men game I had once, this Star Trek game we had where you used your VCR with it.

Guest The Superstar

Dirty Minds~!

- I'm a four letter word.

- I'm a name for a woman.

- I end in u-n-t.

------ What am I ?

If your first response to these clues wasn't "AUNT," you have a dirty mind!

God, I love that game.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Most of the biggies have been named already, so I'll just add "Scotland Yard".

Other than Monopoly and Connect Four, which I don't really think counts as one anyway, I would have to see Trouble.

Dames

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I will WASTE yo sorry asses at Trivial Pursuit. I'm also pretty good at chess.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway
Anybody remember a game called Thunder Road, came out late 80s...it's a Mad Max setting, comes with a bunch of cars and some helicoptors and a 3 piece board that formed a road...the game pretty much kept going and going until you or your enemies were dead, when you got to the end of the road, you take the first piece off and attach it to the last piece to keep the road going...

I had it as a kid. There was a dune buggy, a regular car and some "tank" car, plus the chopper (I think that was all of them). Heck, I usually just played with the pieces without using the board...

Guest Prototype450

Monopoly. I beat my entire family at this game when i was 6. It was by pure luck. I would never spend money on anything.

I loved the X-Men board game. You would go Professor X's mansion fighting off bad guys. It was like D&D with X-Men.

Guest Aero
I also had this sequal to Clue, forget the exact name. It was a 3-D board and you had paintings that the players could place in any of the rooms they wanted. One person was the Thief, while the rest were the standard Clue characters. The thief was invisible, he didn't have a piece on the board, but rather charted his moves on his own personal pad that had a sketch of the board on it. The other players had to guess where the thief would strike and try to head him off. If they got in sight of the thief, then he would become visible with his own piece on the board and you had to chase him and catch him, (land on his square) before he could make it to one of the exits. I forget all the little details.

13 Dead-End Drive! I loved that game... but it took forever to set-up.

Guest La Parka Es Mi Papa

You gotta love Chess. And Clue. I have yet to loose a single game of Clue, for I am awesome.

One that hasn't been mentioned is Mad Gab, which is an entertainingly stupid game.

Guest Star Ocean 3
I also had this sequal to Clue, forget the exact name. It was a 3-D board and you had paintings that the players could place in any of the rooms they wanted. One person was the Thief, while the rest were the standard Clue characters. The thief was invisible, he didn't have a piece on the board, but rather charted his moves on his own personal pad that had a sketch of the board on it. The other players had to guess where the thief would strike and try to head him off.  If they got in sight of the thief, then he would become visible with his own piece on the board and you had to chase him and catch him, (land on his square) before he could make it to one of the exits. I forget all the little details.

13 Dead-End Drive! I loved that game... but it took forever to set-up.

That description is nothing like Dead End Drive...

Guest Choken One

No one feels the Scattergories love?

Scattergories owns you.