TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

Mondays Kane Segmet

Guest Choken One

If Katie Vick was based off of McMahon's Mother as I proposed in my theory in an other thread...

Wouldn't Vince want Kane to be Idolized and loved by all?

Guest Sakura

I guess I could accept this if they had him be fine the whole time. Like I'd be willing to forget about DX seeing his face and just assume UT never saw it because it was years ago. Dumb, but whatever. But the fact that just as early as LAST WEEK they were selling it like he was the ugliest monster ever is just ridiculous.

If they wanted to do this storyline where his face was fine but he still is insecure why didn't they have him get surgeory right after he unmasked to reveal he was burnt? That way it would make sense that he was ugly all that time and still let them do this story where it's all in his head.

Guest Askewniverse

You could always have Glen tell the truth. Have him say that the real reason he's pissed off is because of all the stupid gimmicks that the WWE has given him, such as Isaac Yankem, Fake Diesel, and lightning-shooting Kane.

In that scenario, just about everything could be explained.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Why ask Questions? They only lead to trouble.

And if Kane is the manefestation of Vince McMahons childhood, wouldn't Vince want the antithesis of Kane to be the one who is idolized? And who is that?? That's right. The Undertaker.

Guest Sakura

Saying the word "gimmick" on tv should never be allowed. That stuff kills the product.

Guest Askewniverse
Saying the word "gimmick" on tv should never be allowed. That stuff kills the product.

That never stopped Vince Russo, but you're right. Shoot-angles usually don't work well, since only a small percentage of the audience gets it.

Guest FileCabinet

I don't understand something. When Kane unmasked, J.R. exaggerated how disfigured Kane's face was. He even said something like "Is that even human?" Yet this week, J.R. pointed out that Kane was missing his scars and burns. What the hell happened to his face in the time between his unmasking and tonight?

This really exposes the fact that the writers don't write this crap ahead of time...

Guest JHawk
I don't understand something. When Kane unmasked, J.R. exaggerated how disfigured Kane's face was. He even said something like "Is that even human?" Yet this week, J.R. pointed out that Kane was missing his scars and burns. What the hell happened to his face in the time between his unmasking and tonight?

Ah, the advantages to having black makeup and cameras coming from odd angles, huh?

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

If you insist on watching Raw, don't think. You'l go crosseyed.

Guest Choken One

Remembe JR said

"Now That we see you up-close...You don't appear to be scarred in any way"..

So Kane or "GLENN" took Mascera and smeared it over his face to go along with angle and then decided

"Hell...I'm ugly enough without it"

Guest HartFan86

I'll give them this, after watching it a few more times.

Everything up to the part where JR was lit on fire was very, very good. It showed really good character development, and whether you guys like it or not, Jacobs put the insecure character over really well.

But everything after totally blew it, I'm sorry.

This reminds me of Hogan/Rock, the night after No Way Out 2002. The confrontation/beatdown was one of the best segments the WWF has EVER produced.

Then they killed Rock. It's that fucking sports entertainment factor to the 20938423th power that McMahon feels need to be on big angles. It sucks.

Guest Choken One

Yep...It was the Over selling and the camera angle that did it in...

If you just had Ross wear a Flame retardant suit...Everything would be fine...

Guest HartFan86

Not to turn this into a Fantasy Booking thread, but I really would of liked to see JR mention the fact about Kane's hair too (and relate it to the insecureness) and Kane can go to get the gasoline can, but the Undertaker comes from out of nowhere and grabs his brother and says something like "We need to talk...."

And the show ends with them face to face.

That would be loads better then what we saw tonight.

Guest Choken One

Or Kane Shows up in Taker's Locker room after breaking out of Jail (he gets arrested on raw)

Guest Dynamite Kido

I honestly think last night's segment where Kane burned JR was just a subliminal attempt to sell more Jr's BBQ book.

Fried country Jackass, Jim Ross

Guest Retro Rob

I was actually into the segment at first because it salvaged what was left of Kane's character. Even the concept of lighting JR on fire wasn't a bad one in theory. However the way they carried it out, with only a particular part of JR going on fire and the canned screams of pain put a damper on the interview that preceded it. On the other hand, at least it ended what was a boring and uneventful show with a memorable last couple of minutes.

I found it strange in the first place. Kane has attacked Eric Bischoff, Tommy Dreamer, Rico, Rob Van Dam, and Steve Austin. He is unstoppable and uncontrollable. J.R.-"Would you like to come to Stamford and do a sitdown interview with me?" Kane-"Sure, why not."

Guest Youth N Asia

You'd think these would be the kinds of actions that would get a guy fired.

Guest Anglesault
I found it strange in the first place. Kane has attacked Eric Bischoff, Tommy Dreamer, Rico, Rob Van Dam, and Steve Austin. He is unstoppable and uncontrollable. J.R.-"Would you like to come to Stamford and do a sitdown interview with me?" Kane-"Sure, why not."

JR said like three times that he didn't want any part of that interview. Both he and Kane were forced.

Guest Retro Rob

Well he thought Bischoff, Dreamer, Austin, and Rico were making fun of him. He partially blamed RVD for all his problems. He didn't have anything like that against JR.

Guest Youth N Asia

Hell. If I was Kane I'd be thankful that I was nearly burned to death and the only thing I got out of it was scortched eyebrows

Guest Dynamite Kido
You'd think these would be the kinds of actions that would get a guy fired.

this quote is ironic yet funny

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Kane fired? No, no, the storyline is now that Austin's going to get fired.

:huh:

Does anyone remember when we used to get dozens of policemen showing up because, God forbid, one of the wrestlers might try to punch another wrestler outside of a regularly scheduled match? I think HHH pulled this stunt once, and Vince definitely used it against Austin multiple times.

What would happen if Sammy Sosa showed up for a sitdown interview at ESPN with a can of gasoline?

Then, before we go to commercial, he threatens to burn the host alive?

So Bischoff forces Kane and J.R. to do this interview, after forcing Kane to unmask a few weeks ago, then tells Austin he's to blame for all of this, and Austin's supposedly believes him (I'd guess that's where we're going)?

And how exactly was Kane 'forced' to do this interview? What could Eric possibly threaten him with? You're fired? When one employee tries to burn another employee alive, it would seem to suggest that job security isn't their number one priority.

J.R. should have a pretty good lawsuit against Vince, Linda and Eric, shouldn't he? Can the rest of us join as a class action for watching that shit?

If Kane was never really burned, why has he been so into burning others?

If Kane was burned... oh, that's beyond pointless now.

So Kane vs. RVD is still on for next week? Not even a one week suspension? A fine? Any sort of acknowledgment that what Kane did was wrong and will have consequences? No? Okay, that's fine, it's not like any of us really care if Katie Vick was murdered and violated, or if Kane and/or Undertaker started a fire that killed their parents, but isn't BBQ-ing J.R. kinda a step down from those alleged crimes/story points? Shouldn't you really have to kill someone to top those? Just saying...

What if Kane shows up with an assault weapon at RAW next week and mows everyone down? Would Linda just decree that he is now SmackDown talent, or would they call up what's left of OVW to replenish the RAW roster with Kane as the number one guy now? I mean, if they're not going to fire him for torching J.R. and threatening others with the same, on top of those murder and necrophilia allegations (that would've probably been enough on their own to get poor Mr. Sosa into all sorts of trouble), and the police aren't going to do anything about it, well, it's pretty much open season on RAW isn't it?

Why'd that guy who was hired to keep track of logic and continuity quit again?

Guest hosserific

i tell you, i laughed during raw for the first time in a while during that segment.

Guest Choken One

I like the Idea of Having Bischoff getting Kane Arrested and put in a mental institution...Austin protesting thinking Kane can change...

Kane gets sent to Jail and they do the Silence of the Lambs deal selling Kane as a whacko and he breaks out and for like two weeks he attacks people but they can't catch him...

Then He traps Austin in the Boiler Room and Undertaker shows up and kicks his "Brothers" Ass and throws him in a Vat of Hot Oil...

Ending the damn angle for life.

Guest Plushy Al Logan
Then He traps Austin in the Boiler Room and Undertaker shows up and kicks his "Brothers" Ass and throws him in a Vat of Hot Oil...

Ending the damn angle for life.

No, he'll come out without a scratch on him, while he is bitching that his flesh has melted, J. R. and the King will still sell it. Then the Yeti will come out, and they'll both sodomize RVD.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Until Undertaker starts getting calls on his cell from someone using a voicebox just like Kane's...

Because this angle will NEVER end.

Guest Polish_Rifle

I actually liked the segment. I like how they explained why his face and body did not have any grotesque scars, which shows continuity in the storylines for a change. I also didn’t think the JR/fire segment was anything too bad. In fact, I kinda enjoyed it.

Guest Choken One

It was perfectly fine except for the mis-matched selling and the obvious dummy...

I just wish J.R had balls and worn a Flame Retardant suit...

They were in fucking Indy...YOU CAN FIND A FUCKING FLAME RETARDENT suit in a Racing Heaven.