TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest slabinskia

best ppv ever

Guest Ray
It's the last time the tag titles were really taken seriously and seen as having prestige.

What about the Benoit/Jericho period in May-June?

The titles seemed pretty important then.

It's the last time the tag titles were really taken seriously and seen as having prestige.

Agreed. For that three-week period, being the tag team champions was a big deal again.

The tag titles were actually important for a long period of time leading up to Wrestlemania.

Once they started making Benoit and Jericho look weak- the tag titles again started to lose prestige.

My exact same sentiments are like Barron's on Mania 17...it's the single greatest professional wrestling show ever produced. It was, at that time, the instant moment where wrestling had become an all-time high ever (yes, 2000-Early 2001 was the single most popular time ever for wrestling. How can I back that up? WWF made the most money ever during that time period than any other time ever...and also produced unbelivable wrestling shows every night. NWA 1989 = WWF 2000.)

The thing about Mania 17 it had everything. Drama, awesome wrestling, awesome buildup, that special feel to it that you knew it was a big show, a shocking ending, etc. It was basically all the work the WWF had done during 2000 and thrown all in one show that night. It also represented the last time the WWF seemed to care about putting on a mega awesome show like that because WCW had just gone out of business (using the theory that competition was what made the WWF so great)...

And people will still talk about Mania 17 for years...marks and smart marks both. Not to mention there was 68,000 people there.

Some good ones: Canadian Stampede, Judgment Day 2000, No Way Out 2001.

But I have to go with WMX7. Just an excellent show top to bottom.

Guest Dmann2000
Mania 17 - Austin/Rock, Angle/Benoit, TLC2...

Mania 10 - Bret/Owen, HBK/Ramon, the colourful era and atmosphere

Mania 3 - Hogan/Andre for the history, Savage/Steamboat and the awesome crowd

Ha! My rule of 7 once again supported.

Guest Dmann2000
But the first half of GAB 89 is incredibly blah and it doesn't have the historical importance that X-7 had

Chyna vs Ivory, RTC vs Acolytes & Tazz and Eddy vs Test have historical importance?

But the first half of GAB 89 is incredibly blah and it doesn't have the historical importance that X-7 had

Chyna vs Ivory, RTC vs Acolytes & Tazz and Eddy vs Test have historical importance?

Chyna v. Ivory and APA/Tazz v. RTC were a combined 5 minutes of a 4 hour show.

Eddy v. Test was a good match.

I didn't say every match on the show has historical signifigance- but the show is historically signifigant