TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

I got Fired....Again.

Guest NoCalMike
NoCalMike was pretty bad about it when we were slow. Sometimes I had to give him "a talk" about it. I used to have banned posters Bubble Boy and Sola Gratia/Dopey working under me as well. Sola was bad when he got a PC and I had to give him a talk as well. Bubble Boy wasn't as bad. Ced Ordonez, when he used to work for me, was good about it. He only posted when there was absolutely nothing to do. I have the utmost respect for Ced. NoCal and Sola were good workers too, it's just that if there was a hot topic, they sometimes needed to be warned by me and such.

To add, Sola, NoCal, and Ced are all coming to my wedding.

Oh yeah, smark wedding. I still can't convince my fiancee to let me have a wrestling ring on top of our wedding cake.

Just to clarify though, we all know each other outside of work as well. I mean I didn't meet these guys when I started there. So that would account for some of the "taking advantage of friend in a higher spot" stuff. It would be different if we all met at work. I am sure we will all see each other at the ppv next sunday. I think Dangerous A even needs to convince Bubble Boy to go, since that could possibly be the final time me and some others seem him before he moves. Oh and I am posting from home right now, yes I am a jobless one~!

Guest NoCalMike
. I used to have banned posters Bubble Boy and Sola Gratia/Dopey working under me as well. 

Umm, is bubbleboy not working there anymore?

...I've just got to ask.

DA, when Sola and Bubble Boy were banned, how'd they take it?

NoCalMike, when I went to Toronto for 'Mania 18, I had a similar situation happen to me.

I went to a comedy club with my then girlfriend and one of the comedians was ragging on the fact that so many wrestling fans came to Canada. He noticed me...(Hispanic in Canada!) and asked me what I do.

"...I'm between jobs right now", I said with a goofy smile on my face. That cracked the place up and it turned into a running gag during his performance. "What are you laughing at? I'm between jokes right now"

Dames

Guest Vern Gagne

Remember what trying to help people did for you Dames. Next time only look out for yourself.

Vern, I do look out for myself here. I learned my lesson the first time I got laid off last year doing unnecessary work.

Dames

Guest NoCalMike

I must admit though, back when I was a lot more active on the Current Events forum it was about 75% on company time.

Guest kingkamala

Dames I suggest you pimp Bob Barron.

*crickets chirp*

I'll leave now.

Guest Ripper
It seems like this ALWAYS happens to me around my birthday, which is next Friday. 

DA, just curious...what is it like having a poster work for you?  You ever catch him posting on the board when he should be working?

Dames

Well Dames, my birthday is the Saturday a week after yours and I got laid off 3 days before my Birthday last year...if I get laid off this year, I think I might have to blame you.

You haven't had a ex girlfriend wanting to hook up with you lately who is extremely hot but you know it wouldn't work, have you. We might be leading parallel lives. Two 5'6" guys getting laid off on birthdays. SPOOOOOOOKKKKYYYYYYY!!

Guest kkktookmybabyaway
I highly doubt that you guys would raise enough money to get me into the Garden, seeing as how those prices are going to be mega inflated this year.

How much could they be?

There's a bunch of people on this board, and I'm sure a lot of them would chip in a few bucks.

At the very worst it would take SOME of the $ sting away...

Guest ViciousFish

You have to look at the bright side Dames. Now you have plenty of time to write the TNA Diatribe. I need my fix.....

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Don't worry Dames, now that you're on the IWC 100, you're resume will look that much more impressive.

Or think of it this way, at least all you Noo Yawkas actually have jobs to interview for. Here in Indiana I go to the front desk to ask for an application and the guy is putting all his stuff in a cardboard box.

Vicious Fish...I still have Cablevision. That doesn't change anything about TNA.

KKK, I was aiming for floor, which I predict will be 600. I think I can still get a seat in the Garden for Mania, but it won't be the same. I really don't want you guys chipping in for a ticket for me. It would be better if you saved up and went yourselves so we could a TSM meeting.

Dames

Guest Lord of The Curry

If you're willing to work for 9 bucks (Canadian) an hour at a video store, I could probably hook you up at my store.

No? Didn't think so.

Good luck on the search, dude.

Don't worry Dames, now that you're on the IWC 100, you're resume will look that much more impressive.

Or think of it this way, at least all you Noo Yawkas actually have jobs to interview for. Here in Indiana I go to the front desk to ask for an application and the guy is putting all his stuff in a cardboard box.

It took me 4 months to find a job the first time and 9 the next. I guess I'm just thinking negatively about the whole situation. There might be 1,000 jobs out there, but in NYC there's about 5,000,000 looking.

I don't think I can put being number 43 on a biased list of internet wrestling columnists on my resume...

Dames

Guest ViciousFish

You make $9 an hour at the video store you work at?? I get $7

Stupid Alberta and it's low minimum wage

Guest Dangerous A
...I've just got to ask.

DA, when Sola and Bubble Boy were banned, how'd they take it?

Sola didn't like it too much. He still hates DrTom to this day. Bubble Boy didn't really care too much. They both found homes at other boards. Oddly enough, both were also banned from Rant's old Smarktalk message board as well.

Sola and Bubble boy weren't true smarks. Sola watches wrestling, but is more of a mark. He mainly wanted to post in CE and get "the Word" out, if you know what I mean. Bubble Boy just wanted to follow him. That's how they carried themselves at work as well. Sola, the leader. Bubble Boy, the follower.

If you're willing to work for 9 bucks (Canadian) an hour at a video store, I could probably hook you up at my store.

No? Didn't think so.

Imagine that?

On TSM:

The Dames' Diatribe on Vivid Video Compilation # 2.

Jenna Jameson, Krystal Steal and Asia Carrera on one tape? Watch Dames get on THAT.

Dames

Guest oldschoolwrestling

No? Didn't think so.

Imagine that?

On TSM:

Jenna Jameson, Krystal Steal and Asia Carrera on one tape? Watch Dames get on THAT.

Dames

Its a family video store. So make that:

The Dames Diatribe on "Land Before Time XI"

Guest Flyboy
Um...I'm not?

Dames

I don't think he got the joke. :P

Nope.

It went right over his head.

Guest NoCalMike

Well Hooray for me, I just got a job starting tomorrow. Of course it is going to be PURE HELL. Loading/Unloading trucks for Alhambra...hahahaha UGH. It is $10/hr and M-F, 1pm - 9pm........so I am still stuck on a Swing Shift for now, but oh well at least No weekend work.

Guest bob_barron

So Dames can't go to Mania-

That means my chances increase!!!

(I'm banned right?)

I'm really sorry about this Dames- I know how it feels to lose a job.

Guest MrRant

Next time Dames gets hired he should adopt a slightly psycho persona so that way his next employeer will not be to quick to give him the boot.

Guest Lord of The Curry

No? Didn't think so.

Imagine that?

On TSM:

Dames

Its a family video store. So make that:

The Dames Diatribe on "Land Before Time XI"

And Littlefoot is a DINOSAUR.....EN......FUEGO~!

Guest C-Bacon

No? Didn't think so.

Good luck on the search, dude.

I am! which video store??

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Sorry to hear that, Dames. I hope you find a job soon, but the job market is rough right now... especially in NYC.

If we are starting a collection plate, i'll gladly chip in a couple of bucks... glad to help a fellow New Yorker.