TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Suicide King

Empire Fed?

Guest HVilleThugg

Please note 2 SWFers in the top ten over at Empire feds (although there's still not a ton of people over there, so it's not saying a whole lot). Also, note that we are the #1 ranked fed over there.

Da "did his job for y'all" H

Guest Suicide King

And also note that Thugg posted a news article and I posted a rumor over at the empire site.

Is this match writing or promo? Because if it's based on promos and such, the SWF might not whip as much ass as you think.

Most likely promo, Frost, though I believe there will be a matchwriting one on the card,

You'd be surprised, Frost. I did a short tenure in a fed of Outcast's that has since shut down, and I also occasionally read some of the "big" feds. The only reason the SWF wouldn't absolutely annihilate all competition would be because our characters aren't demons, don't murder people, and don't constantly talk about how darkness is our path. They also have a penchant for ripping off whatever indie gimmicks are getting big: now that CM Punk is a big name, you'll find straight-edge characters who basically carbon-copy his attitude, and there's always a zillion Christopher Daniels rip-offs with a bunch of Fallen Angel or "Heavenly Sinner" type crap.

There's very little character subtlety, but it's also what a lot of RP people are used to judging. SWF promo guys, who are used to writing stories and longer pieces, can rip up, but only if the judges let them. If you call someone a name or say fuck a lot, you'll probably win.

Then I'll take them on as the Memphis Eel. Not only is he a trash talker, but they won't have a clue what he's talking about. "Look 'a here now son, you ain't nothin' but a reefer smokin' porch monkey!"

As someone who used to be a senior marker, matchwriter and booker for RP feds I say this:

If you don't do anything but insult your opponents your roleplaying might not go very deep but that IS what basic wrestling promos are about.

If you build wonderful characters and deep storylines, running the personal depths of your character through the public spectacle you can write DAMN effective stuff... however if you don't insult your opponent AT ALL you're not promoing IMHO! Ask Danny Conklin about Kronos.

The key is balance people. Balance.

Oh and Edwin. There's lots of gothy characters with dark sinister paths and personal demons EVERYWHERE in both e-fedding and the indy wrestling circuits of the western world (both FWA AND NWA:UK-H had dark and sinister stables last time i checked)

I'd like to point out that Va'aiga has a violent past. And a violent present. And a violent future. BOO-YAH!

I'd like to point out that Va'aiga has a violent past. And a violent present. And a violent future. BOO-YAH!

Yeah, man, but you just hammer people. You don't murder people... do you?

The Clown Jester's entered herself in...erm, I entered myself...fuck it, whatever.

As far as the RPing goes...as V said up there, make sure ya talk about your opponent. Hell, as a 5-6 year RPer, I'd be more impressed if you could build your character in an RP whilst talking about your opponent but that's just me. Honestly, it's really easy to work on giving your character a little depth while trash talking your opponent(I've sorta..hope that I've mastered this somewhat).

Key Tips

#1: Don't curse or if ya do, give yourself a limit. Makes you come off as more creative and more experienced.

#2: Keep it short and simple. Don't make it a 3 story epic cuz it'll bore the reader but don't make it a 10 line skip job either. Pull the reader in, then finish so the reader wants to read more.

#3: Push your character through your words and build a past for him/her. Helps the reader begin to understand the depth of your character and using scenery that adds to the depth also helps.

#4: Have fun and have confidence in yourself. Give yourself one idea you want to accomplish and RP towards that goal, whether it be verbally dismantling a certain opponent or just building your character's backstory.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

#2: Keep it short and simple. Don't make it a 3 story epic cuz it'll bore the reader but don't make it a 10 line skip job either. Pull the reader in, then finish so the reader wants to read more.

As an RPer myself, I completely and wholeheartedly disagree. There are some stories which you just cannot break up, and if they were going to read your RP anyway, length will not deter people. You simply have to be a good writer to pull it off.

Yeah, man, but you just hammer people. You don't murder people... do you?

I've never really looked into Va'aiga's past as a Maori Gang member. His history has him as a Mongrel Mob prospect so probably more summary beatings than murder. Fortunately he's never done the most infamous of Mongrels habits (Gang rape. Ew.) Essentially he was somewhere between a Crypt and a Hell's Angel, but with more tatoos.

Now Chris Card has Heartbreakered a guy with broken ribs in an attempt to puncture a lung and thrown Sonic Conklin's RP hero Kidd Reaper off a bridge, taking him out for months. But that's all WITHIN the bounds of wrestling, so it's ok.

As an RPer myself, I completely and wholeheartedly disagree. There are some stories which you just cannot break up, and if they were going to read your RP anyway, length will not deter people. You simply have to be a good writer to pull it off.

Yeah, meant that just don't drone on and on and on with a story when you could wrap it up quicker and still have it be just as effective. I probably could've worded it a lot better, meh.

Yeah, meant that just don't drone on and on and on with a story when you could wrap it up quicker and still have it be just as effective. I probably could've worded it a lot better, meh.

Makes sense.

I was just commenting because I've had my share of very long RPs that simply *had* to be that long. The reason behind that was, quite frankly, because people rarely remember what happens in the previous roleplay and they don't have the attention span to go look it up.

Well, I'm already entered the tourney myself, but they're only allowing 2 slots for each fed. But, since there will probably be spots left over, you all can probably get on anyway. I'll enter myself as a free agent to free up those 2 spots for SWF guys to get down. I already put Conklin in there, so...

And as far as SWF guys whooping up...there isn't a doubt in my mind that we will crush them. Mcl is already raving about our shows, and I, having never RPed a day in my life prior, just creamed some dude in a challenge match, who supposedly was good. So, if I, ye of the punch, punch, whip, finisher philosophy, can do it...anyone can.

Da "and that's the damn truth" H

Guest Mcl

For the I-ppv there is no set limit to how many people can join a match. The more the better lol.

Also as a Rper for 7 years, I will not and do not rate Rp's on who says Fuck the most lol. Take whats in your heads and write it out, have fun, and keep it Real. Don't go doing stupid crap like saying your superman or something.

Your Rp's also don't half to be about Trash Talking your opponents the whole time either. I've Always made sure I wrote my Rp's in a type of story, but I also made sure to atleast write 15 to 20 lines about the match and my opponents. But what do I know.. I just have 450 wins lol ;)

Well the point is just to have Fun :D