TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Drew 1-1 today with Albion Rovers at home. Our goal was one of the worst goalkeeping errors I have ever seen. The Rovers goalie Bennett went to collect a harmless ball, went down on one knee and then just dropped it at the feet of one of our forwards, Gallagher. It was an excellent finish from a tight angle though. They came back with a comical goal in which our defence couldn't tackle the eventual scorer McManus. Rovers should have won it at the end but McCaul missed a sitter.

The fans are not happy, however. We are 8th and Rovers are a shadow of the team they were last season.

THe crowd was in the region of 450, which is pathetic considering it was a game between two local teams. The Old Firm rule again I suppose.

meh - I hope not, Pompey invested in experienced veterans which was ok in the first division but means they somewhat lack energy in terms of premier league. Norwich might be the same - hopefully we'll get a better idea when we play Everton on Friday. I also don't see us running away with it like Portsmouth did last season.

I haven't watched that much Div 1 this season with Leciester being in the Premier but I caught Norwich vs Forest the other week and it wasn't exactly great. Not that Leicester play great football by any stretch of the imagination but our surprisingly good goalscoring record must be an encouragement to div 1 teams if they have a promising defence already intact.

Do teams have any away support in scots div 3? Even if its around 30-40 people or something?

Queen's Park probably have the best away support in the division, taking at least 100 to local away games against Stirling Albion and Albion Rovers. We usually take at the very least 40-50 to away Saturday games, no matter where we are. Mid-week away games are predictably worse attended, yet we took 30 up to Inverness on a Tuesday night early on in the season in a game which many thought would be a complete walkover. We won 2-1.

Outside the top teams, Queen's have the most consistent away support. When the chips are down teams like Albion Rovers will only take 15-20 to long distance games. Gretna, last season, only had 5 or so noticeable fans at Hampden. This has changed recently with their good form.

That is just not fair. Franchise always gets to bump the thread. Here I was posting occasionally awaiting my chance for when Franchise for once didnt bump and now the thunder has been stolen.

Well on a football note it looks like Saha wants to go to Man U.

I think the true home of the chokers is Fratton Park.

Good start to the season, then plummeted like a bird with no wings.

He managed it today. Taggart got the winner as well.. :lol: :lol: Come on the Leicester!!! Pride Park will be the emptiest looking ground in the country next season.

You're not that bad yet!

Just seen Leicester lose 4-0 to Chelsea. We were never going to score and paid the price for a really poor first half, the jammy free-kick just before half-time killed us off.

I still can't believe we beat Blackburn.

And now our only decent strikers are fucking off. Bugger.