TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Not to go on about North End's glorious victory last night, but some of Burley's decisions were pretty questionable...

Taking Kenna off and putting Taylor on, moving Konjic to centre forward, not having Tudgay or Holmes on the bench when you had to score goals... even I thought those were somewhat odd choices.

Like I said

Saints v Derby(Division One match)

Guaranteed fixture :)

So does anyone call it the fucking champtionship, what a faggyfagityfag name, its Division one

Guest Lawlerm

I've only posted twice but we've had a decent enough season - aside from having to watch SPL football on a regular basis.

Title deciders on Sunday with Celtic at Motherwell and Rangers at Hibs. Celtic holding a 2 point lead but Rangers with a better goal difference leaves both teams looking for the win.

So does anyone call it the fucking champtionship, what a faggyfagityfag name, its Division one

I'm beginning too, but I think that's mainly because of Football Manager playing rather than being seduced by the new names.

I try to call the divisons Division 1, Division 2, Division 3 and Division 4 as a bitter, one man protest against the Prem and the new names.

Not to go on about North End's glorious victory last night, but some of Burley's decisions were pretty questionable...

Taking Kenna off and putting Taylor on, moving Konjic to centre forward, not having Tudgay or Holmes on the bench when you had to score goals... even I thought those were somewhat odd choices.

Well, Rasiak and in particular Idiakez should have been on a treatment table for six more weeks. The fact they both played, while showed dedication, may have weakened the side.

But yes, Junior was on the bench, and while he's more miss than hit these days.. when he's on fire, he's on fire.

I have no excuses for Ian Taylor, he's simp;y not good enough.

Arsenal steal the FA Cup.

Yep, it was brilliant. Man Utd missing all those chances made it all the sweeter.

Seeing Ronaldo blubbing was the icing on the cake. Well done you gooners!

Right, hands up, has anyone here actually had a good season? Or is there a TSM curse on us all, I notice Southamptons sharp decline started soon enough when I registered*Cue spooky music*

Right, hands up, has anyone here actually had a good season? Or is there a TSM curse on us all, I notice Southamptons sharp decline started soon enough when I registered*Cue spooky music*

Ours was ok. I tipped us to finish 7th out of 10 but we actually came 4th and only lost out on 3rd on the last day. The emergence of some brilliant young players made things encouraging.

Hmmm... I registered summer 2003, the summer of our play off defeat and the start of our drastic decline... *spooky music increases in volume*

I registered the year we got relegated..

I started posting a few weeks before our 11 game winning streak which really should have guaranteed automatic promotion.

Since then we've gone into the dreaded "transition" phase.

I joined during the god awful 01/02 relegation season. God, we were shite that season. Junior Lewis, Lee Marshall, Ade Akinbiyi, 25 yard Sinclair own goals etc. Only good memory that season was Savage's penalty celebration causing a mini-riot at Derby.

So, that's 2 relegations and 1 promotion since i've been at TSM.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

My team finished bottom of the Premiership...

...fuggin sucks. Never been relegated in my 24 years of life.

From having away games at Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Bolton, Blackburn, and Wigan on my doorstep I now have Burnley and Stoke, and Preston if West Ham do them in the playoffs.

Only good memory that season was Savage's penalty celebration causing a mini-riot at Derby.

Jesus, it happened RIGHT in front of me. I was THIS close to getting past the steward, we seriously wanted to kill him.

Ian Taylor threw him down though, which god the biggest pop of the night.

I've never argued that Savage wasn't/still is an annoying idiot but for a few years he was OUR annoying idiot who always gave 100% every game and we loved him for winding the opposition up. Same with characters like Dickov, you love them if they're on your side.

Taylor has often thrown a strop against us over the years, remember him losing it towards the end of a league cup semi once when we were beating Villa. He hasn't been on the winning side against us very often, that's for sure.

I remember Eric Cantona scoring against Leeds at Elland Road a while after he'd gone to Man Utd and going straight up to the home kop to gloat (in the absolute worst 'standing like a horribly smug French statue' pose). Within spitting distance was a hard looking Leeds nutter being restrained from getting to him by the people sitting round him. He may have caught that scrawny Palace fan napping that time but this guy would have slaughtered him had he got his hands on him.

Any thoughts on the CL final tonight?

I sort of want Liverpool to win because they're English and I think Benitez is a good manager etc. But my natural hatred of the fucking scouse wankers for getting MY club banned from Europe in 1985 when we were finishing 3rd every year and for stopping MY club from having a chance to win the FA Cup in 1989 because the pissed up cunts spent too long in the pub before going to the ground means I wouldn't really mind Milan thrashing them.

EDIT: Heysel and Hillsborough - both Liverpool fans. Coincidence? Bullshit. :angry:

Edited by The Decemberists

for stopping MY club from having a chance to win the FA Cup in 1989 because the pissed up cunts spent too long in the pub before going to the ground means I wouldn't really mind Milan thrashing them.

Oh dear god...

You don't happen to read The Sun, do you?

God no, but they're the facts.

Liverpool fans get pissed and kill a bunch of Italians - Forest punished.

Liverpool fans get pissed and kill a bunch of innocent Liverpool fans - Forest punished.

Innocentally, the fact that a sizeable number of Liverpool fans ran to the Forest end at Hillsborough and started chanting, swearing and giving the old two fingers to them while there fellow fans were dying doesn't get mentioned too often does it?

Wankers.