TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

And yes I know theres a lot of assumptions there but fuck it, its football

If we lose then its over

What about if you draw(which I think will happen)

I can see you beating a reserve Man U team and Charlton/Palace could go either way depending on which Charlton turn up.

Edit: Didn't know the Goal Difference was so close, it could come down to a single Goal like the Scottish league did a few years ago.

I guess if you did go down you'll start going through your games looking at draws which should have been wins(especially home games), I know I did last year when we came 3rd.

Edited by deancoles411

A win at Coventry and then a win at home to Preston are hardly out of target.

Don't become a football tipster...

:P

ha.. good lad.

Yes, that was a disaster, the only saving grace was that Forest were relegated.

The party starts next game.

We will be in the play offs, IF:

Derby beat Preston

Derby draw with Preston

Derby better Reading's result

West Ham fail to beat Watford away

Reading fail to beat Wigan away

Any ONE of the above will give us a play off place.

Just a reminder.

I... highlighted the important stuff.

Fuck me!

A comical end to our season, with the keeper getting sent off and hideous-haired striker Lee Peacock *nearly* saving the resulting penalty and winner for City. Shudder to think if that had happened any other day of the season...

Will your Goalie miss the Play offs? is Lucas injured or was he rested? he's a lot better than the guy you had in today(peacock was as well) who was at fault for at least 1 and maybe 2 goals.

Edit: Funnily enough you seemed to be lacking a Steve Brooker to hold the ball up.

Lucas is back in the reserves and fit, thank christ. I think Gallacher is ok on his day, but yeah I'd still go with Lucas. From what I hear Peacock nearly saved that penalty! If you'd seen him take one you'd wonder if he practiced them in either position....

Peacock's form with us was weird, he'd usually get 10-15 before January and maybe 5 at the most before the end of the season.By the 03/04 season it was obvious that he was Wilson's favourite striker and despite his crap form in 2004 he was still 1st choice forward.

Still he wasn't a bad player as long as you had a Tony Thorpe or a Mark Robins type who would get the tap ins and 1 on 1's with the Goalie.He actually reminded me of Akinbiyi in that he'd miss more than he scored.

Speaking of Forwards, Miller's worrying me, he hasn't scored in 2 now that the Hearts manager looks as though he's getting the bullet.

Torquay going down was a surprise, I thought Oldham would win with Beckett up front and Moore being a great manager at this level but MK Dons beating Tranmere seemed unlikely.

Edit: Just seen highlights of Chelsea, that Makelele goal seems very "convenient", all the Chelsea fans/Players seemed to want him to get one and the only way he'd get a Goal was a tap in or penalty, reminded me of those testimonial penalties you used to see given.

Edited by deancoles411

How lucky were Norwich and WBA today...v strange.

Funny to see Fergie fucking things up yet again. Unless they win the title next season I can see serious pressure for him to quit.

But you know, fuck it is what I honestly think, my team will still exist, my stadium will still be there, the strip wont change, we will still be Saints, theres absoulutly fuck all that I can do, I desperatly want us to stay up but it won't be the end of the world if we dont

Cowdenbeath 1 Queen's Park 0

The season is now officially over. Losing this game means that we finished 4th. It's been an eventful season, what with having a manager assault a player and a fan within the span of five minutes, during a game.

Hope we don't lose too many players and can maybe challenge for promotion next season.

Walker, Dabizas, Gillespie, Nalis, Blake and Wilcox have all been released to save some money. We've got Kisnorbo from Hearts and some Slovenian/Slovakian coming in. In other exiting news we got our 21st and final draw today.

I was quite glad Crewe stopped up.

Walker, Dabizas, Gillespie, Nalis, Blake and Wilcox have all been released to save some money. We've got Kisnorbo from Hearts and some Slovenian/Slovakian coming in. In other exiting news we got our 21st and final draw today.

I was quite glad Crewe stopped up.

Of those listed, who will you miss do you reckon?

Probably Walker. He was still on daft premier wages we couldn't possibly afford to keep paying so he's an unwilling sacrifice really. Shame but totally unavoidable really.

Gillespie improved somewhat since christmas but I won't be sorry to see him go. Doesn't get enough service in for the front men.

Dabizas has been our worst player all season long. Good riddance to him.

Blake hardly played but made such a bad impression in his brief appearances that he was roundly booed when he came on as sub eventually. It can't get any lower than that for any player (my mate said it proves how horrible Leicester fans are).

Wilcox was injured most of the season and is too old anyway.

Nalis is a bit of a shame. He finished the season really well after being inconsistant and out of favor at various points. Earned cult status for that volley against Leeds in the premier.

Won't be crying over any of them. I'ts a necessary move really

Fancy your chances against Brentford? I hope you win just because Martin Allen has been supremely irritating every time i've seen or heard him this season.

Question for the Championship guys, how's Marcus Stewart been this year? I know he's got 17 in the league but he's been having a great team around him instead of us(he's from Bristol and has been tipped by everyone to join us)

Question for the Championship guys, how's Marcus Stewart been this year? I know he's got 17 in the league but he's been having a great team around him instead of us(he's from Bristol and has been tipped by everyone to join us)

It's confirmed he's leaving Sunderland, take that for what it's worth.

I reckon we can beat Brentford who've been in the worst form of the top 6/7 in the last few weeks, but I still fancy Tranmere to go up.

BTW why does almost everyone assume that we can beat United next Sunday, all I've heard all day at work is dont worry, they will have a weakend team, shit even a weakened team against our defence(ie Sudbury Under 11's) would still have a field day

I don't outright hate any of the four teams involved really so it'll be a shame to see one go down. I think I like WBA the least, cos I think overall they've been the worst performers. They let in some crap goals and throw away the most points I'd say.