TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

so who is the whipping boys in "The Championship"(christ what a shit name), hopefully we can get 3 points there(fingers crossed)

Whoever goes up from the L1 play offs, this league is awful, we've been poor this season and yet we can still finish top 6 if we win our last 2.

so who is the whipping boys in "The Championship"(christ what a shit name), hopefully we can get 3 points there(fingers crossed)

Whoever goes up from the L1 play offs, this league is awful, we've been poor this season and yet we can still finish top 6 if we win our last 2.

We found the same thing, even with our defence, midfield (apart from Juan Pablo McGovern) and strike force virtually. unable to kick a ball last season we couldn't finish lower than mid-table.

Guest Lawlerm
A win at Coventry and then a win at home to Preston are hardly out of target.

Don't become a football tipster...

:P

A win at Coventry and then a win at home to Preston are hardly out of target.

Don't become a football tipster...

:P

ha.. good lad.

Yes, that was a disaster, the only saving grace was that Forest were relegated.

The party starts next game.

We will be in the play offs, IF:

Derby beat Preston

Derby draw with Preston

Derby better Reading's result

West Ham fail to beat Watford away

Reading fail to beat Wigan away

Any ONE of the above will give us a play off place.

I think Derby have just switched off a little the last couple of games with their place virtually assured but i'm sure you'll see the proper Derby again come the play-offs. I fancy Wigan to brush Reading aside next week unless nerves get the better of them.

The last week's been great for Leicester, two good wins and a belated feelgood factor to end the season with. We're actually playing some decent stuff and it's no coincidence that Connolly's started scoring a few now he's finally getting some service. Amazing how much better the defence looks without Dabizas as well.

I've always rated David Connolly as a hell of a striker, but as you say, without the service, you're nothing.

See, it's no coincience we've lost form since Idiakez has been out of the side, 90% of the balls to Rasiak go from him.

But as much as I dont like to tempt fate, i'm pretty sure we're in the play offs.

Guest Lawlerm

Ye Sturrocks done a great job. Makes it hard to have any sympathy with Southampton when you think they got shot of him after about 12 games.

Sturrock's the best manager we've had since Big Ron, no question.

I'm not shedding any tears for Saints, especially cos they not only refused our bid for KENWYNE JONES~! but refused a loan extension, and it turned out their only plans were to loan him to stoke instead. Twats.

I could see Southampton outside the Prem for years if they go down, the Attendance will probably drop to about 15-20 thousand, all the good players will go and all the crap players on Premiership Wages will either stay or get paid up to leave.

What an absolute load of shite, for your information in every Southampton contract there is a relegation wage drop, which automatically drops all wages upon relegation, second we have a fucking amazing youth team who can be brought in, thirdly we are in no debt, fourthly do you really think a football team is suddenly going to lose nearly 15,000 support, dont be so fucking wet

What an absolute load of shite, for your information in every Southampton contract there is a relegation wage drop, which automatically drops all wages upon relegation, second we have a fucking amazing youth team who can be brought in, thirdly we are in no debt, fourthly do you really think a football team is suddenly going to lose nearly 15,000 support, dont be so fucking wet

Didn't know about the wage drop thing.

You may have an amazing youth team, but there's a huge step up to first team football.

I never said you were in debt, but your tv money would drop and all your revenue would as well.

Sunderland's went down by about 12 thousand, if you did go down and didn't bounce straight back up I can't see you filling the stadium every week.

Hmm, bitterness worthy of an American. Oddly absent in this thread most of the time. Course, we still pulled 20,000 a week when we were losing in this shite division.

Sat should be interesting eh dean?

Sat should be interesting eh dean?

It was until your winner at Hull, we were drawing 1-1 at the time(finished 2-2) and we'd worked out that a 2-0 win on Saturday would leapfrog you.

We've got to hope Brentford lose their last 2 games and a win on Sat would overtake Bournemouth or Hartlepool(who play each other)

Still I hope you can get promoted, along with Bournemouth and Luton you were the best side to come down here.

To be honest we really don't deserve a play off place, the boss can't pick a consistent first 11 and there's been too many bad performances, I'd say about a 3rd of them.

Edit: For next season's sake I hope Crewe stay up and Brighton/Gillingham go down, Crewe should bounce back with their youth policy and seem a bigger promotion threat than the other 2.

Edited by deancoles411

Yeah, though I don't think Wrexham beating Brentford is entirely out of the question as things stand.

I'm more worried about Hull, they're second, no trophy to pick up despite their efforts and no reason to play Elliott,Barmby and Fagan who are the only real quality they've got.

Edit: Do runners up get any medals? I'd be pissed at the end of my career if I ended up with just a few paper clippings as proof of achievment.

Franchise...it's always been like that on ITV.

It's not as bad as Sky though. 3.00, Man U/Charlton coverage starts. 4.05, game FINALLY kicks off. It's worth seeking out KO times nowadays.

Uh, yeah, Chelsea 2-0 tonight.

EDIT: So much for that.