TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

As a City fan I'd say Derby would have been better than the Forest side(which was still great) had Clough stayed, Clough even admits leaving Derby was a mistake in his 2nd book.

Championship Table

Derby are doing great, but without Rasiak they'd be midtable.

Forest are doing crap but will stay up because of Plymouth,Gillingham and Rotherham being worse.

I don't know about Rasiak, Tudgay has not played many this season but has nine league goals to his name, Smith has about 10, Junior is pushing for a return, we've a few good players.

Idiakez and Reich, Bisgaard are all parts of why we're doing so well.

It's like saying Everton are only doing well because of Bent.

I don't know about Rasiak, Tudgay has not played many this season but has nine league goals to his name, Smith has about 10, Junior is pushing for a return, we've a few good players.

Idiakez and Reich, Bisgaard are all parts of why we're doing so well.

It's like saying Everton are only doing well because of Bent.

I wasn't trying to say you were an Everton, I meant that since he's signed he's got your other forwards scoring and has chipped in with goals himself.

Burley has done a great job considering your lack of money, picking up Idiakez and Reich was a good move.

Edit: Lee Camp looks promising, last year he looked good playing for QPR against us and I'm surprised they didn't make more of an effort to sign him on a permanent deal.

Camp was approached to be signed a few times, but Burley obviously saw something in him himself when he was at QPR on loan. Lee Grant had a great season last season, but started the season at number 2, surpisingly.

Looking back, it's not so surprising now.

Boring night here i guess, we were at the Football and CL thread over at my forum (link in sig) and it got quite active.

Well, check it out, we'll be back on Saturday for a good old debate, more members welcome.

Kris Commons > Reidy

Last night was possibley the worst game of football I have ever seen in my life, but I couldn't care less :D

Winning the last 14 games will give us 71 points - play-offs here we come!!!

Kris Commons > Reidy

Last night was possibley the worst game of football I have ever seen in my life, but I couldn't care less :D

Winning the last 14 games will give us 71 points - play-offs here we come!!!

Presuming the top 6 teams all lose every game!

And we've yet to play each other yet!

1-1 at home to Blackpool, Phillips cost us the goal by punching a cross straight to Wellens, I'd drop him but we've only got Jonathan Gould(who used to play for Celtic) as reserve and at his age and with him having only joined in midweek it seems that he wouldn't do much better.

Have any of your sides ever been to the Millennium stadium? we've been twice and won 1 lost 1, In hindsight I wish we'd lost the 03 LDV final and won the Play Offs instead.

Saw this in Four Four Two and laughed at some of the names included.It's the "50 best players outside the premiership"

1. Steve Sidwell (Reading), 2. Nathan Ellington (Wigan), 3. Darren Bent (Ipswich), 4. Teddy Sheringham (West Ham), 5. Jason Roberts (Wigan), 6. Danny Gabbidon (Cardiff), 7. Jimmy Bullard (Wigan), 8. Julio Arca (Sunderland), 9. Stuart Elliott (Hull), 10. Leighton Baines (Wigan), 11. David Healy (Leeds), 12. Phil Jagielka (Sheff U), 13. Lee Trundle (Swansea), 14. Nigel Reo-Coker (West Ham), 15. Paul McKenna (Preston), 16. Curtis Davies (Luton), 17. Ade Akinbiyi (now Burnley), 18. Andy Longergan (Preston), 19. Aaron Lennon (Leeds), 20. Leroy Lita (Bristol C), 21. Steve Howard (Luton), 22. John Halls (Stoke), 23. Lee Johnson (Yeovil), 24. Nick Barmby (Hull), 25. Sam Parkin (Swindon), 26. Dan Harding (Brighton), 27. Phil Jevons (Yeovil), 28. Tom Huddlestone (Derby), 29. Lee Camp (Derby), 30. Paul Ince (Wolves), 31. Dean Windass (Bradford), 32. Dave Kitson (Reading), 33. Stephen Elliott (Sunderland), 34. Iain Hume (Tranmere), 35. Luke Steele (Coventry), 36. Ryan Taylor (Tranmere), 37. Heidar Helguson (Watford), 38. Leon Knight (Brighton), 39. Steven MacLean (Sheff Wed), 40. Nathan Clarke (Huddersfield), 41. Danny Webber (Watford), 42. Paul Furlong (QPR), 43. Darren Currie (Ipswich), 44. Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Rotherham), 45. Paul Hayes (Scunthorpe), 46. John Ruddy (Cambridge), 47. David Vaughan (Crewe), 48. Richie Wellens (Blackpool), 49. David Noble (Boston), 50. Jamie Brooks (Oxford)

Ha.

What are your fans' opinions of Robbie Savage these days?

Blackburn and maybe you are the only ones left who tolerate him.

Personally i've still got time for him and Dickov, both gave their all down here and was sad to see both of them go. A lot wouldn't share my view though. Savage seemed determined to be on his worst behaviour when Birmingham visited last year like he was deliberately making sure he was booed just like at any other ground. Still got a feeling most Leicester fans just pull a wry smile while other fans are screaming abuse at him if they're watching on tv. Dickov isn't popular for going when he was expected to stay (said he would supposedly) but he deserved to stay in the Premier I reckon.

:ph34r: Couldn't read this page without posting that. Strange.

What's the point of putting 30+ year olds on that list? They aren't there any more for a reason for god's sake! Old man Teddy being the exception but he could barely manage 90 minutes. Some of the picks are quite accurate, some are just lazy (15+ goals in Div 3 = Quality!).

They're definately having a joke with number 17. Bit less long winded than the one involving Peter Taylor, Robbie Savage and a chip shop in Tottenham though.

Akinbiyi in the top 20 when he was playing for us 5 years ago would have been a stretch but now it's a joke.

Yeovil getting 2 players in is nice recognition for their great season yet they leave out Gavin Williams who was their best player and joined West Ham for 250k a few weeks ago.

Trundle isn't even the best player in League 2 yet he's rated higher than Lita,Jevons,Parkin,Furlong,Howard,Huddlestone,Windass,Wellens,Webber and Maclean who are all in a higher division doing well or have scored more than him this season.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Well that is Saints through in the FA Cup. 2 games away from Europe. We can do Man Utd - anything goes in the Quarter Finals.