TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Yeah, looks 99.99% right.

Only difference (small) is Rasiak's more of a Striker than a Forward, but no difference really. Forwards are bteter, because the fit in well behind the two strikers, where a Striker would fail in that position.

CM5's not anywhere near as good as FM then?

In a couple of months with all the patches it might be decent but at the moment the only sides with realistic stats are the big 3 and even then their flawed, taking the histories away from players is annoying as well.

Got some screenshots from the SI Games forums which should show the problems with the game pre-patch.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Insanemadman/8-1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y45/prawnballs/

Check this from the CM5 website.

CM5 Patch Improvements and Bug Fixes

Game Data:

Includes all major transfers up until Sunday 6th March 2005.

Updated managers - Portugal, Brazil, Argentina,

Improved English staff details.

Added missing away colours - Turkey, Portugal & Spain lower leagues.

Improvements to missing player position & side.

Checked for and removed duplicate players.

Improved realism of ticket prices at some clubs.

Adjusted attendance details where average or maximum attendance was higher than stadium capacity.

Added missing transfer windows.

Amended CONCACAF Champions Cup timings.

Amended Belgium comp timings.

Amended Intertoto Cup timings.

Amended WCQ CONCACAF timings.

Improvements made to competition structures, rules and scheduling.

Match Engine:

Improved the overall quality of goals scored. A lot of the goals scored due to errors have been fixed.

Fixed Corners being given Offside.

Fixed goals being scored direct from Corners.

Improved realism of the number of Penalties awarded and scored.

Improved player Free-kick Accuracy when shooting. Players will now try and put these either side of the goalkeeper.

Improved Player Ratings given for performances in matches.

AI teams will try and Push Forward more when game is looking likely to be a draw.

Improved the quality of Text Commentary.

Fix issues to prevent ball was going through the Net.

Increased the Accuracy and Quality of Good Strikers shooting.

Decreased Goalkeeper Effectiveness for long diving saves.

Decreased the likelihood of Long Shots when long shots instruction is disabled.

Fixed Substitution issues with injured players

Improvements made to highlights mode include:

Improved the time taken for yellow and red cards.

Improved the overall quality of highlights shown for fouls and injuries. User will see the tackle for the foul or which caused the injury.

Added new 4-1-4-1 formation for the user to select.

Transfers and Scouting:

Players will now be automatically added to the users Shortlist when making transfer offers.

Fixed Bosman Payments where clubs had to pay compensation for players over 24.

Improvements made to Players Interested in clubs.

Transfer offers can no be made for player who are Retiring.

BOS icon will now be added to players who are leaving the club on bosman transfers.

Fixed issues where offering a Contract to a Reserve or Youth player would move them into the first team.

Improved the realism of Signing-on Fees for contract renewals.

Improved the realism of Transfer asking price for players with long term contracts.

Fixed Contract renewals where clubs were constantly renewing contracts for players on short term contracts

Fixed to prevent clubs offering new contracts to players with Confirmed Transfers.

Fixed issue where Contract renewals are subject to transfer windows.

Fixed issue where clubs thought they had made transfer offers and never bid again.

Reduced the processing times of Transfer Offers andWork Permit approvals.

Fixed issues with Transfer Windows.

Scouting will no longer report back on Injured Players.

Improved user feedback when a player Is Not Interested in signing for the Users club.

Loan listed players will now be taken off the list at a suitable time.

Club Board Features:

Improved Board Veto on Large Transfer fees.

Improved Board Requests. These are now more likely to be granted.

Board Expectations will now consider previous season performance.

Improvements made to the Board Messages sent to the user.

Managers now have Realistic Contracts when joining smaller clubs.

Fixed blank Board Opinion messages.

User will now be Sacked if there are no other staff members.

AI clubs will now Retain or Replace Staff Members.

Club Finances:

Fixed issue with Transfer Budget where season 2 and beyond budgets were only a fraction of the first seasons. A Club will now have a similar transfer budget if they have the money in the bank.

Fixed issue where all Non Selected Clubs were goingBankrupt within 5 seasons.

Improved realism of the TV revenue given to clubs.

News and Media:

Changed Font colour to make reading messages easier on the eye.

Improved the quality of the Loan new messages.

User will no longer see Press Speculation for players who have Agreed Transfers.

Fixed incorrect Form team being displayed in the Scout Next Opposition news report.

Improved the quality of Qualification and Elimination messages for cup competitions.

User will now get messages when Winning competitions.

Fans and Board will also comment on Winning important competitions

Game User Interface:

Added Missing Player Stats onto the Player Search Filters.

Added TRN and BID status icons to players.

Improved in-game Tool tips.

Squad screen now disallows Squad Selection when the Assistant Manager is assigned to select first team.

Fixed instances where Menus could appear of the right Hand side of the screen.

INT icon no longer appears when viewing an International squad.

Fixed issues with Sorting on the user shortlist.

Players out of contract now display '-' instead of contract details on squad screen.

Fixed overlap when more than 10 players are selected for Tactical duties.

Improvements made to the Player Comparison screen.

Improvements made to the Submit Offer screens.

Made Player Exchange buttons viewable in the submit offer screen.

Improvements made to Major Clubs screen and this now displays clubs from all continents.

Added Filter to European Squad Registration screen.

Improved Average Ratings player screens.

Added INF icons to the competition league tables.

I was going to pick this up, but thought better of it and rented the new Champions League game (because FIFA Street isn't out yet). The old ones sucked and I'm a diehard Pro Evo fan, but I decided to give it a try.

And it impressed me. The 'story mode' season is a very cool feature and the gameplay is better than any of the FIFA franchise I've played in years.

So...yeah.

442 gave it a great review, but I'm never quite sure how reliable their game reviews are. I think they gave Pro Evo 4 only 4/5 so i'm not utterly convinced.

I won't get it anyway, due to my Premier League/Champions League bitterness.

What did you all think of the Merseyside Derby?

Fucking fantastic. Atmosphere was rocking, quite possibly the loudest i've been in.

Glad to see those bitter bluenose gobshites go home with there tails between their legs and 0 points. Bastards!!!

I think we'll go and snatch 4th now. Everton still have to play Arsenal & United and will most likely drop points there.

WALK ON!

I don't have a problem with Heskey, and if you check this thread, I never have.. I don't like him as a striker who scores goals (his records speak for themselves) but if you had to pick someone to play alongside Owen or Rooney, i'd pick this man.

Heskey is ok as your 3rd choice striker, it was when he was playing on the Left Wing or without Owen that I complained at Eriksson tactics.

What annoys me is when people have a go at Heskey(instead of Eriksson) for being picked, It isn't His fault the manager picks him, I know if someone kept playing me in every international match I wouldn't complain about it.

Edit: Heskey's England record is actually pretty similar to Peter Beardsley and he was Lineker's partner most of the time without complaint from anybody.

Yes, but nobody should be made to play on the left.

They should play 4-3-3, but just have a space on the left of midfield, and still play a 4-4-2 formation, that way, they'd have a spare man running around :P

And it's not as if Northern Ireland have a decent right winger is it!

Keith Gillespie?

:P

I wish the England game wasn't after the transfer deadline, I'd hoped Tommy Doherty would impress for NI and get flogged to some crap Championship team like QPR, Brighton or Plymouth.

Edit: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/4376963.stm

Couldn't you have got someone from a midtable team in the Premiership or Championship?

Yes, but nobody should be made to play on the left.

They should play 4-3-3, but just have a space on the left of midfield, and still play a 4-4-2 formation, that way, they'd have a spare man running around :P

And it's not as if Northern Ireland have a decent right winger is it!

Keith Gillespie?

:P

He's actually playing well at the moment but if he has to do much defending in his own half he'll be England's best player.

So, Heskey and Rooney start then?

That's what I see happening. Owen is fresh apart from a few benchsores, but do you waste a fresh Owen on a Northern Ireland team we're expected to beat anyway? Or do you throw Heskey in against a weak opposition?

If Heskey scores, the critics are silenced. And of all the teams in the group, who is Heskey most likely to score against? Northern Ireland. I'm not a Heskey fan, but logically, I can see a case for him starting.

So, my starting team would be...

Robinson

Bridge

Ferdinand

Terry

G.Neville

Cole

Lampard

Gerrard

Beckham

Heskey

Rooney

I wish the England game wasn't after the transfer deadline, I'd hoped Tommy Doherty would impress for NI and get flogged to some crap Championship team like QPR, Brighton or Plymouth.

Edit: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/4376963.stm

Couldn't you have got someone from a midtable team in the Premiership or Championship?

The experienced keeper would provide cover for Derby after an injury to their number two Lee Grant.

Yeah, they just sold their third keeper, Andy Oakes, about 3 days ago.

I believe it's called sod's law.

Saw a clip of the NI players doing laps on the news and good old Tom was at the back looking knackered.

Edit: Sod's law has hit us as well, we've just sold Kevin Amankwaah to Yeovil for a "Nominal fee" with a sell on clause, 4-5 years ago Arsenal, Leeds and Newcastle were watching him and he'd probably have got us one of our highest ever transfer fees.

May I share my delight that the mighty Owls actually seem to have created a footballer, in Drew Talbot. He's fast, he can finish, he's everything Lloyd Owusu wasn't! Shame our entire defence is injured/terrible. Still, it's only Torquay! I'm scared...

And on the Heskey front, I agree he's a fine supporting striker, obv. he can work with Owen, he even does well with Clinton Morrison.

Putting the "Tosh" in "Toshack", I'm giving up on yet another qualifying campaign. If Toshack really thinks that Carl Fletcher is better than Robbie Savage, then he's a useless twat.

Bollocks to it, I'm dedicating my time to rugby now :P

Putting the "Tosh" in "Toshack", I'm giving up on yet another qualifying campaign. If Toshack really thinks that Carl Fletcher is better than Robbie Savage, then he's a useless twat.

Bollocks to it, I'm dedicating my time to rugby now :P

You must be the only Welsh person left to make that decision ;)

In an extremely irrelevant aside can I just give my warmest welcome to Walter 'The Rifle' Pandiani into English football, just cos of all the goals I've scored with him on Pro evo 4. I'm good with Deportivo for some reason.

God I hope we win this coca-cola player. Looks like most of the fans want a midfielder, preferably defensive, and I pretty much agree. We've got goalscorers (though Maclean's out) we just concede stupid goals late on.

I hope Dyer starts at St. James tomorrow night because it would be a nice reward for him to play in front of his home fans after the way he's improved in the last two months.

Plus Beckham was fucking awful against N.Ireland.

All the teams in and around the play offs are bottling it, I can't believe we're still in with a slim chance of getting in the top 6.

Count yourself lucky, we haven't had a game for 3 weeks!

So, Owen's out of the Wales match?

Judging from tonight, I really couldn't be happier. Three (at least) golden chances, three misses. On top of the poor miss against N.Ireland. It's funny that Beckham gets all the stick, when Owen's been much more underwhelming since getting regularly benched in Madrid.

All the teams in and around the play offs are bottling it, I can't believe we're still in with a slim chance of getting in the top 6.

Count yourself lucky, we haven't had a game for 3 weeks!

We haven't played since March 19th at Torquay due to our International Call ups.