TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Well... yes.

But that's beside's the point. As we'll lose at least 2-0 because we're crap and we only can be arsed against the 'big teams' and Reading aren't quite a 'big team' this season. Although they're not another crap team, so a draw could be a possiblity.

But we'll lose as we're crap.

Tonight should be interesting, both Wednesday and United have crucial games to their respective playoff campaigns, and I, along with the other owls fans are watching the Blades game at a blades fan's house. He is our best friend but it could still turn nasty...

Update: And the partisan crowd goes mild as both Sheff teams prove to be unable to go up were they in a twatting lift. Course, Owls had to rely on Chesterfield winning to stay in the top six, and that's a sure sign you've had it. Nearly hit the roof when The Chief put them ahead tho...

Update: And the partisan crowd goes mild as both Sheff teams prove to be unable to go up were they in a twatting lift. Course, Owls had to rely on Chesterfield winning to stay in the top six, and that's a sure sign you've had it. Nearly hit the roof when The Chief put them ahead tho...

Look on the bright side, you've got Stockport(Crap team, Crap manager) Hull(thinking ahead) and us(shit in the air,no creative flair and crap when against Wednesday) as your last 3 games, 7 out of 9 and you'll get 6th with Brentford having an awful run in.

Edit: Any thoughts on Lee Peacock?

Not great, bad case of lower-league hair. Takes a shite penalty, but ok. Handy to have on the bench, I guess. He's third choice really. Of our strikers, this youngster called Drew Talbot is looking promising, Maclean's our star but injured, Proudlock is a fat injured twat, Barrett (loan) looks ok, Quinn not really distinguished himself. Sturrock says he'd play centre back Bullen up front if all our other defenders weren't injured, which might just be daft enough to work, and he might do alright starting with Peacock.

How does the LDV work?

I've never really paid any attention to it before, but I think we're in it next year so I oughta know exactly what we need to do to win it.

Will it have a Wembley final next year too like it used to?

Be better than Hartlepool. It's not as easy as you'd think, unfortunately. Still, from your perspective at least the country is saying Forest 'did a Sheffield Wednesday' and not the other way round.

How does the LDV work?

I've never really paid any attention to it before, but I think we're in it next year so I oughta know exactly what we need to do to win it.

Will it have a Wembley final next year too like it used to?

This is the basic format copied off a website.

60 Teams, 24 each from Leagues One and Two, and 12 invited teams from the Conference. 30 teams in each area group.

First round: 14 single-game ties in each area, with 2 teams receiving byes to the second round. Winners advance to the second round.

Second round: 8 single-game ties in each area. Winners advance to the area quarter-finals.

Area quarter-finals: 4 single-game ties in each area. Winners advance to the area semi-finals.

Area semi-finals: 2 single-game ties in each area. Winners advance to the area finals.

Area finals: 1 two-legged tie in each area. Winners advance to the national final.

Final: a single game, played at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

The bigger League 1 sides treat it as a joke really, once you've won it there's no fun in it.

We've won it in 86 and 2003.

Queen's Park 2 East Fife 1

What's this? An undefeated run!!! and with Albion Rovers and Elgin on the horizon ...surely 5 games unbeaten going into the last game at Cowdenbeath(!)

Billy Stark's Black & White Army!

Absolute bollocks, I'm livid. Fail to score past the worst team ever in a must win situation? Had to go wrong. Still, everything else went our way, thankfully. And congrats to Moz is God for three points.

Thing is, it's not just two more wins. We can win both games 10-0 and still go down... not that we'll win both games anyway.

We've beaten QPR twice already this season, and we're not going to fluke it against them for a third time. Gills at home I can see us winning, but I'd imagine we'd be down by then anyway.

Right now my main hope is that Oldham stay up in League One so I've got a very close away game next season.

Gills at home I can see us winning

I dont know, they're fighting for their lives as well, they gave us a game on Saturday, before we scored a couple.

Your problem seems to be getting goals, now you know why I asked you where your strikers were all going out on loan.

We sent out Marlon and Johnno on loan for two reasons;

a) They're crap and don't score

b) They don't care they're crap and don't score.

Dobie doesn't score either, but at least he fucking tries unlike those two.

We revealed our new away kits for the next two seasons today;

0,,10308~555926,00.jpg

I quite like both of them. Glad we've stopped having a white away kit as I look bad in white and it always seems a bit plain. The dark blue one has red trimming so that's also pretty good, and although I like having yellow away kits as that's what we had back in the late 70's the green trip makes it look much too like a Norwich shirt...

Shame we've lost our cool Inter Milan away kit though :(

We sent out Marlon and Johnno on loan for two reasons;

a) They're crap and don't score

b) They don't care they're crap and don't score.

Dobie doesn't score either, but at least he fucking tries unlike those two.

We had Lee Miller who couldn't score despite trying(like Dobie I guess) and we sent him off to Scotland and now his worth has gone pretty high(we offered him to Hearts for 100k in Jan and now we're after 400k with add ons)

Getting him wouldn't be a bad thing as next year he'll get 15 goals easily if you've got a decent crosser(unlike us).

Edit: Not really surprised about Johnson, Sheff Utd have about 8 Strikers.

Christ, I guess I'd best start reading up on some of these championship teams and players

lol dave..

The Forest kits, yes, it is somewhat Norwich-y, if you pull it off somehow and stay off, you might want to use the other kit at Carrow Road :P

I like the Navy-esque one.

You know what kit would be nice - we used it a few times because of teams who played in white - an all black kit. I remember United used it a few times too.

so who is the whipping boys in "The Championship"(christ what a shit name), hopefully we can get 3 points there(fingers crossed)