TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

heh, our one of our international callups wasn't available for league action due to being on intl duty, where he was suspended. No use to anybody! Fortunately they dropped him from the intl squad in the end and he was able to aid our loss to Huddersfield. So yeah, we had the last laugh there...

Nice April Fools "story" on goal.com

In his never-ending quest to sign football's biggest stars, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has announced that former USA international striker Mia Hamm will be his Galactico signing of the summer.

Giving a press conference in the Spanish capital this morning, Perez identified Hamm as "one of the great players that we want at the club." He also noted that she "can come at a reasonable price" because, as there is no longer a women’s professional league, there is no need to pay a transfer fee.

The club president said he was confident he could lure the 32-year-old out of retirement, saying, "I don’t know if her 32 years are a lot, but here at Madrid she will find plenty of people her own age to talk to."

Perez was quick to note that while Hamm didn’t have any "balles d’or", he was satisfied with her two world player of the year awards. "Of course everyone knows I like players with golden balls," he said, "but it doesn’t worry me that Mia doesn’t have any. Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo and Owen, they all have golden balls. And Beckham, he IS Golden Balls."

When asked if he was worried that the addition of another big name star might cause a clash of egos in the dressing room, he replied, "In terms of the dressing room, that is the least of our worries." But he added, "No, I don’t expect there will be any problems, although I assume Raul will sulk a bit as usual."

Breaking with convention, Perez didn’t deny suggestions that he hoped to use Hamm as a marketing tool. "We hope her signing can help us break into the US market," he revealed. "We had thought about signing someone from the men’s squad, but they’re all crap."

When asked if he thought FIFA might block the move, the way it did when Mexican side Celaya tried to sign Maribel Dominguezhe, Perez replied simply, "We are Real Madrid."

However, Perez did express some concern about signing a former member of the USA women’s "soccer" team, recalling the infamous shirt-shedding antics of Brandi Chastain after her goal against China.

"We are working with Adidas to make a shirt that cannot be removed," Perez revealed. "It is something that we will be needing at the club, as we also plan to sign Antonio Cassano from Roma. Although for him we’ll also need to make matching shorts."

A funny moment but not a patch on what happened to our club early on in the season: our manager man-handled a player then punched a fan a matter of minutes later; all of this when the game is going on.

We won 2-0 yesterday, should have been 10-0. It'll be a close run-in to see who gets 3rd place.

Our defence is injured and Super Steve Maclean is out, maybe back for the playoffs. A rumour's going round that the Royal family of the UAE wants to buy Sheffield Wednesday! It's likely complete bollocks! But I'm still excited!

We're down...

Isn't it horrible?

..Yes, you read that right.

My manager is at Forest fan at work, I was *this* close to getting a promotion. This close.

and I said it.

'one less chance then'

'what do you mean, adam?'

And it went from there..

Another game, another red card. We really should have won that one. I mean, it's Oldham. I think we've still got about 7 players left. Apparantly without Whelan last time the midfield went to shit, so look out Wednesday's midfield going to shit for the remainder of the playoff bid. If you can take your eyes off the remarkably injured defence.

Anyone get the FourFourTwo with each league club's Best & Worst players? It wasn't bad, nice to see John Sheridan get his due for the Owls, Though Chris Woods isn't nearly as bad as the shitters we've had recently. Jon Beswetherick, Craig Armstrong, Kim Olsen come to mind...How about your club?

Peterhead 1 Queen's Park 1

Would have taken the point before the game as they are a good side (already promoted) but they played much of the game with 10 men. Still, not so bad and still a chance of finishing 3rd.

Also, 400 miles on a bus trip and I miss our goal...ffffffffff

OK, we have very few players, but the next game is against Stockport, the worst football team in the history of anything, already relegated. Their manager is one Chris Turner, fresh from setting us back about 12 years. They couldn't embarass us and end our playoff aspirations.

Could they?

Anyone get the FourFourTwo with each league club's Best & Worst players? It wasn't bad, nice to see John Sheridan get his due for the Owls, Though Chris Woods isn't nearly as bad as the shitters we've had recently. Jon Beswetherick, Craig Armstrong, Kim Olsen come to mind...How about your club?

Yes, I got that.

Shockingly, Fab Ravanelli was the worst player :P

Best player: Steve Bloomer - the FIRST superstar of football.

28 england goals in 23 games for example.

I still think the only reason the three Owls players I mentioned were overlooked is that no one outside Hillsborough has dared watch Wednesday attempt to play football for a while. Course, we're getting quite good again now. Them were the days.

Thing is... we're not going down because we're drawing 1-1 home to Sheffield Utd. We're going down because against the likes of Crewe, Plymouth, Rotherham etc the player's we've got can't be arse to perform. The attitude of the players who are actually good is shocking. And the players who give 100% no matter what, Doig, Evans... erm... well, Doig and Evan are crap. They give everything, but everything of 0 is still 0.

Apart from Commons, who's God.

Just for the hell of it I put £5 on Forest winning 3-0 at 33-1 and £10 on Commons as first goal scorer at 9-1 on Tuesday... Commons goal was the highlight of the season!

My mum got me tickets for the Reading away game as a birthday present... to say it's possibly the worst thing she could've got me is an understatement :(