TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Good lad.

This could go on to be the biggest thread in TSM history.. as all the other 'big' threads get archived or 'classicised' at some point, there's nothing 'classic' about this thread.. and it's continuous.

It'll get going again in September.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/4693077.stm

Would be nice if he did, last year we were expecting a lot from him after his scoring record at Liverpool Reserves and 7 in 3 during a trial spell.

Edit: Seeing Andy Cole about to move again reminds me of the failure to not include a sell on fee in the sale to Newcastle, what a stupid Board we had then.

Well, looks like Wright-Phillips is going to Chelsea to sit on the bench.

He'd be far better served going to Arsenal IMO.

I think Arsenal preferred Baptista and Hleb for a few million more, I'm guessing they had a 20 million transfer budget so with the vieira money they should be able to get a good Gk and a couple of French/African youth players(worked with Clichy and Toure)

Edit: Nice signing, if Steve Cotterill wanted him that's good enough for me.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~687445,00.html

Yeah plus my team wont be full of Saints players again like they always end up being, so my team should do a little better this year

Well, at least Wright-Phillips won't be coming to Hillsborough to destroy us...it is a shame though, I think we've lost another potentially great England regular, if he justs sits on his arse earning shitloads without playing he could lose it.

So we sold Crouch for £7 million, and I really dont care, I just cant see what all the hype is about, this guy two years ago wasnt good enough for Villa, we were pissed that we bought him for £2 million, and now hes gone for £7 million, oh well, thats twice we've fucked the scousers over, £6 million for Beattie and £7 million for Crouch, ha idiots

Don't know why anyone would want Michael Bridges... does anyone know what his record is in the last FIVE years?

It's....

It's....

Wait for it....

This is Michael Bridges, remember, the 'next big thing' at one point...

In the last five years Michael Bridges can boast of....

62 Games - 1 Goal

Scott fucking Dobie has a better recprd than that for fucks sake. I know he's had injuries, but Jesus Christ that's appauling.

Well, we've lost out on Iain Hume, which means we still need a creative forward, and Blades have Neil Shipperly! Warnock's only been after him for about 10 years. Still, my Blades fan mate has spoken of the need for a 'fat cunt' in the attack, so he's happy.

Don't know why anyone would want Michael Bridges... does anyone know what his record is in the last FIVE years?

It's....

It's....

Wait for it....

This is Michael Bridges, remember, the 'next big thing' at one point...

In the last five years Michael Bridges can boast of....

62 Games - 1 Goal

Scott fucking Dobie has a better recprd than that for fucks sake. I know he's had injuries, but Jesus Christ that's appauling.

Brilliant.

We're talking Forlan for United levels of scoring, here.

Agreed. Don't really see who else is in a bad position at this stage, the pressures on Martin Jol to get into Europe, and I think Coleman could always be offered a better gig, but other than that I think most are secure for the season.

Any one been on a pre season tour? We're doing the usual fixtures against Bath,Tamworth and Forest Green with a match against the gas thrown in.

Our Transfer Activity this summer, only surprise is Coles going, I thought he'd leave in Jan but after last week he had to go http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4708913.stm

IN:

Alex Russell - Torquay United - FREE

Matt Heywood - Swindon Town - FREE

Grant Smith - Swindon Town - FREE

Marcus Stewart - Sunderland - FREE

Richard Keogh - Stoke City - FREE

Michael Bridges - Sunderland - FREE

Dave Partridge - Motherwell - 150K

OUT:

Tom Doherty - Queens Park Rangers - undisclosed (100k?)

Lee Miller - Dundee United - £225k

Leroy Lita - Reading - £1million

Joe Anyinsah - Preston North end - undisclosed (40k?)

Paul Heffernan - Doncaster Rovers - £125k

Sekani Simpson - Forest Green Rovers - FREE

Tony Dinning - Port Vale - FREE

Mickey Bell - Port Vale - FREE

Danny Coles - Hull - 200K(if he passes medical)

Yes! We've got Eagles from Man Utd for the season, and are apparently close to terms with Paul Shaw! That'll do for me.

Edit: I've now seen 'Warnock' on DVD, with extras, and I sitll think it's the best piece of television I've seen in ages. After the cup tie where they drew at Highbury: 'We've done great today lads, a replay was the least we deserved after the disallowed goal etc...But what I really want to do, what I really want from this is to beat Plymouth.' Cue 3-0 loss. Brilliant.