TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

2-1 Forest!

Spencer Weir-Daley gets the second, adding to Bopp's equilizer.

17 year old German left winger Felix Bastien seems to be pretty good from the radio guys, which will be handy when Commons goes.

Fuck.

Not that I'm too bothered, but it is the only domestic competition we've never won, so it would've been nice to complete the collection. Still, at least it let Holt come back from injury and give the kids and reserves a game.

But losing from being 2-1 up at half time is annoying.

The Radio Notts commentators are just completely taking the piss out of us being in it, which is quite amusing. They've just had a very funny discussion about what we're doing in the Southern section and they keep talking about "the glamour, the prestige, the vans, of the LDV". We've made ten changed to our team, and Woking are playing an under strength side too.

I could be at Man U vs Lille tonight, but I turned down the ticket to listen to this. God I'm an idiot.

It's an East Midlands thing with those tinpot cup sections. We'd be in the southern section of the Anglo-Italian one week and the Northern section of the ZDS the next.

Well, the Akinbiyi moment finally happened tonight. It's bearable considering he's always scored in this division and we're fucking relegation fodder. The knives will be out if we lose to Cov on Sunday.

I've just ordered the new Pro Evolution game. I might get Football Manager for Xmas if I can hold out that long. It was tempting to get both but it'd turn me into a complete anti-social git so I just ordered a couple of music albums to go along with it instead.

Guest Damn You Helmsley

That's one of the more honest accounts I've seen on an official website after the team has lost. Usually they try and make even a 4-0 hammering sound respectable. "The score line flattered them". OMG PR0Po0gAnDa~!!!

*sigh*

Team vs Hartlepool,

Hoult

Thompson

Breckin

Morgan

Eaden

Southall

Friio

Pearch

Commons

Lester

Taylor

Team vs Woking

Gerrard

James

Thompson

Fernandez

Vickerton

Bopp

Holt

Gardner

Bastians

Dadi

Weir-Daley

It's not as if we were actually trying to win, was it?

Quite.

We've been knocked back by Swansea after bidding £750,000 for Lee 'I love DVDs' Trundle (He loves his DVDs). I think he might be the sort of player we're after, but that would be the absolute maximum I'd spend on anyone at the minute and it's too much for a player who's not proven at this level.

*sigh*

Team vs Hartlepool,

Hoult

Thompson

Breckin

Morgan

Eaden

Southall

Friio

Pearch

Commons

Lester

Taylor

Team vs Woking

Gerrard

James

Thompson

Fernandez

Vickerton

Bopp

Holt

Gardner

Bastians

Dadi

Weir-Daley

It's not as if we were actually trying to win, was it?

I don't know.. to be honest, i'd pick Gerrard ahead of Hoult.

We signed James Quinn on Loan from Peterborough today, he seems keen to make it permanent.

I wish we still had him. Great supporting striker when he wants to be. He created chances for our Promising Young Midfielders as well, we scored a lot more goals with him, and in the playoff campaign he was awesome. Looked alright against England and Wales also. Very unselfish player.

I thought it was. Anyway, coupled with his ridiculous rocket to the moon miss in the first half and Danny Mills visibly going 'You TWAT' to his face afterwards, most enjoyable Arsenal performance in a while.