TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

Good point tues night, even if we got hammered. I'm delighted, teams have played wank and got three points off us this season so I'm not bothered that our goal was after a clear foul and in the 67th minute of injury time. Ha.

I'm sorry, i'm too lazy to read all the posts in this thread, so I have NO idea if this was brought up before, but my fiancee told me a few days ago that Xabi Alonso (LFC) might be going to Chelsea. Has anyone heard anything about that, or is that a complete lie?

Also, go Liverpool.

Deserved win for Croatia, They outplayed us and their technique is on another level to ours.

That Modric is a classy player, you can see why Arsene Wenger wants him in his team.

They were just better at everything. Simple as that. We couldn't even get a result with the ref on our side. Got a lot of time for that Croatia side, balanced with a solid experienced defence and explosive young forwards.

I've not wanted to post about the England game because we were so bad. But at least McLaran has gone.

On the plus side, Everton won 7-1. Go team.

Anyone else think having Sherear as England manager would be a good thing?

It worked for Klinsman and Billic. The opposite side to the argument is, "just because they could, doesn't mean every ex player could", but at least he would have the passion.

And shame on Michael Owen for saying the Croatia win was a fluke and that none of their players would get into our team. For shame.

Lansdown's confirmed at the AGM that there are plans to move to a new 30,000 ground in 2011/2012, we're hoping for a World Cup game in 2018 if we win the bid.

So Franchise, why's Davies gone? Eye on the Scotland job?

He asked the board for £40m for January.

On one hand, that's a ridiculous amount to ask for.

On the other, we need roughly that much throughout the team.

Paul Jewell having turned down the Wigan job, must have gotten some sort of promise of money to take over here.

Great win Saturday, Enoch knocked lumps out of Shittu and had one of his "on" days, Trundle and Byfield always look better when coming on as subs.

Looking forward to the Middlesbrough rematch, we've brought in Elliott,Sproule,Mcindoe and the Supersubs and they've lost Yakubu and Viduka.

Got a bit of payback for the 6-0 last night, Basso was amazing in the 2nd half and Enoch's really taking his chance up front.

Sadly David Noble again only managed 65 minutes with his usual great 1st half, awful 2nd half.

Edit: Being fair to Noble, if he could do 90 minutes he'd be in the premiership

What's this I read in the Mirror about Southampton liquidizing if they can't cough up £26m by the end of the season? While I'm not a Southamption supporter, it would be a shame to see them disappear off the football radar. After all, they did start Wor (Alan) Shearer's career.

Ask VanHalen, who's the resident Southampton fan.

The last time we talked (the night we dumped them out of the Play Offs) he was spurting some crap about a billionaire taking over and them being the next Chelsea.

Everton scraped a win yesterday in the UEFA cup which means we won our group and are advancing to the knockout stages! For like the first time in 150 years or some shit.

Arteta was amazing as usual, although he probably shouldn't have missed that penalty. Saying that, we shouldn't have had it in the first place.

New England Manager bump

Delighted with his appointment, he's benched or Sold players like Rijkaard, Gullit, Papin and Savicevic so I'd expect big changes.

Yakubu can't stop scoring now it's great!

And I have him in my fantasy football team, bonus points!