TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

The One and Only *Vengeance* Thread

Guest AndrewTS

Rico's sig reminds me that I gotta rewatch that show--No Way Out 2001, that is. :) Glad I bought the tape.

Guest Aero
How so? I was answering Anglesault. :lol:

Yeah, I just realized... I read the previous page and left off with AS's post just saying, "Yay, Kurt won!"

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Vengeance should once and for all end the debate over whether Smackdown is better than RAW or not. Especially since RAW went full out with Mick Foley & a HIAC, and a legends match between Flair & HBK, and couldn't come close to a throwaway PPV with a Triple Threat main event and two matches featuring McMahons (and one with Billy Gunn).

At the bar, I popped huge, but hardly anyone else did. I think most of them were rooting for Brock. Undertaker and Gowen both got huge pops though

It was fucking stupid with what happened to Bad Blood though. Nash and HHH asked for THIRTY-FIVE minutes for HIAC! Most of the matches barely lasted 5-7 minutes along with that god awful Redneck Retardathalon. Hopefully, it'll teach them a lesson to help prevent Unforgiven from being another RAW-brand PPV disaster.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I'm really looking forward to No Mercy now. Especially if the rumoured Eddy/Angle match for the WWE Title takes place.

This certainly wasn't a throwaway PPV. We had the return of Kurt Angle, the debut of Zach Gowen, the finals of the tournament for the US Title, a WWE title change, and Brock's first clean loss.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
This certainly wasn't a throwaway PPV. We had the return of Kurt Angle, the debut of Zach Gowen, the finals of the tournament for the US Title, a WWE title change, and Brock's first clean loss.

It ended up being great, but it didn't have nearly the hype for it that Bad Blood had.

Guest Choken One
I'm really looking forward to No Mercy now. Especially if the rumoured Eddy/Angle match for the WWE Title takes place.

That was rumored for SURIVOR SERIES.

Guest AndrewTS

Admittedly, other than the shitty main event, WWE did a decent job with Bad Blood. They built up a match of veterans that produced a good match (Ric/Shawn), the Intercontinental Title's return was a smart idea, having Foley around never hurts.

Bad Blood turned out better than it had any right to be, but now that the novelty is gone and they've blown the IC title wad (it's just another worthless Raw title now), I can't see how the next Raw PPV is going to turn out better than crap).

Plus, I'm dreading the Raw side stinking up Summerslam now.

This is pure speculation, but the same person who predicted every match correctly except for Sable/Steph and Noble/Gunn thinks that Brock/Taker will main event No Mercy just like last year.

For my part however, I'd be perfectly happy to see them keep the title on Angle as long as they want.

So does this mean Angle / Lesnar is still on for SummerSlam or now that Brock lost the title we'll be seeing Lesnar / McMahon?

Guest Choken One
This is pure speculation, but the same person who predicted every match correctly except for Sable/Steph and Noble/Gunn thinks that Brock/Taker will main event No Mercy just like last year.

For my part however, I'd be perfectly happy to see them keep the title on Angle as long as they want.

I could see them going Lesnar/Taker with the Aging Vet Vs Massive Heel Monster sell but Angle will still be champion and since Eddy isn't supposed to fight angle unitl Series (in Dallas)...Who does that give us? We say Benoit What does WWE say? TBS? Rhyno? A-Train?

Guest Aero

I'd say that Brock vs. Vince is cancelled for Summerslam. I look at it this way... Angle's only real credible opponent other than Brock is Cena, and after his loss tonight to Taker, a title shot wouldn't make much sense right now. I say Brock shows signs of the heel turn leading to SS, and maybe Heyman returns sometime in between or at SS itself.

Guest JaKyL25

I could see them going Lesnar/Taker with the Aging Vet Vs Massive Heel Monster sell but Angle will still be champion and since Eddy isn't supposed to fight angle unitl Series (in Dallas)...Who does that give us? We say Benoit What does WWE say? TBS? Rhyno? A-Train?

I smell TBS.

Objectively, he has more of a right to a rematch for the title than Lesnar, if you take away the fact that the Champ should always get a re-match when they lose the title.

He was #1 contender, fought Brock to 2 no-decisions, PINNED Brock in a tag match or 2, and then when he gets another title shot he's not the one who got beat.

I predict...Lesnar vs. Vince, Angle vs. TBS, Benoit vs. Rhyno vs. Eddie, and Rey vs. Kidman being the 4 SmackDown matches. If they extend the PPV like Mania and they get a 5th, then TWGTT vs. APA is also on the show.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Angle vs. Albert is YOUR transition feud of the year!

Who says Angle will still be champion? I think Angle pinning Brock was to setup a Brock heel turn to add more heat to the Brock/Angle Summerslam main event. Brock could regain his title there and go on to face Taker at No Mercy.

With that being said, I hope they don't take that option. Angle could do great as champion, and Brock to Big Show Angle to Brock to Angle to Brock is the title changes moving to the same people too much.

Guest Choken One

I'm liking the Potential of Lesnar/Angle II going down for Summer Slam...

You take Cena and you get him over with the Gimmick Match with Taker...

Lesnar kills Angle and takes the title back and do the Contract Said no rematch gimmick by having Heyman return to Lesnar's side...

Have Benoit emerge as Lesnar's Foe for No Mercy....

Cena steps up with Angle and they have a program (That does NOT mean it's a mid-card program)...

And go with Eddy over ...Rhyno at No Mercy...

Have Champion Vs Champion at Series...

Lesnar Vs Eddy

Guest JaKyL25
CENA!

TAKER!

CASKET MATCH!!

Damn, that makes too much sense. Perfect way for Cena to go over without actually pinning Taker.

Still, I suppose it's better than

CENA!

TAKER!

RAP BATTLE!

Guest Choken One
CENA!

TAKER!

CASKET MATCH!!

Works for me...

Bury The American Bad Ass...

Taker can rest and heal injuries and take care of his family...

Let him return at Rumble as the DEAD MAN...ride to Mania with the Nostalgia fumes still effective and have him blow off one more Big Man and call it quits.

Guest JaKyL25
Let him return at Rumble as the DEAD MAN...ride to Mania with the Nostalgia fumes still effective and have him blow off one more Big Man and call it quits.

Yet ANOTHER of these suggestions? It's never going to happen, people.

*gulp* I hope I don't have to suffer punishment for my loss of CHOKETALITY there.

Guest Choken One

Your Punishment?

2 hours with Johnson in a friendly AIM chat.

Taker had no reason to win tonight, I can't wait til he retires.