TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Wrestling trip to the USA

Ok, first off let me say I dont like the idea of starting a complete thread solely about myself.

This would probably be better answered in the Misc folder, but with it being more active I dont want to clutter it up with topics of this nature. If you think it should be there, then move it for me.

Anyways, heres the deal. Myself and some others are planning a trip to the USA next year. It will be for a couple of weeks and will be in April time.

Nobody really cares where abouts we go, but I would like to take the opportunity to get in some live wrestling if possible. I would prefer to see some top US Indy names/promotions and/or maybe a raw/smackdown or wwe house show (I know the chances of that are slim).

With that in mind I'm basically asking anyone from the USA for suggestions of locations to visit.

The location must meet these few criteria. It must be a 'hot bed' of wrestling so that I have a good chance of seeing some live shows. It must be a good tourist location so there is plenty to do during the day time. It must have decent weather. Keep in mind that I am from the UK where the weather is usually crap, so I dont want to come away on holiday and have to wear a sweater. It doesnt have to be scorching sun, but it can't be cold either.

If you're not too annoyed by the fact that I've started a whole thread about myself, please post some ideas. And if your looking for advice on holiday destinations in the UK, you know who to ask. :D

Guest kingkamala

Philadelphia, no doubt about it. 3PW, ROH, CZW amongst a few more smaller promotions. It also has some nifty tourist spots and bitchin' cheese steaks.

Guest razazteca

Philadelphia, Memphis, San Diego is the place to be. If you go to San Diego you could also go to Tijuana, Mexico for some excellent lucha libre.

Guest alkeiper

Philadelphia is the place, without a doubt. Weather ranges anywhere from cold to pleasant, depending on the weather pattern. While in town, check out the Franklin Institute, Independance Hall, and the Liberty Bell.