TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dangerous A

Best use of blading/juice in a match

well thats cuz he is the Saintly Bret Hart who can't do no wrong... Silly Smark.

Then why did Flair get yelled at for blading against Savage at the same event? Isn't Flair higher on the saintly level than Bret??

No, Flair is the angel that was sent down from a foreign land, making him a tiny bit hated by the devil (Vince McMahon)

Bret is the saint.

Guest Choken One
well thats cuz he is the Saintly Bret Hart who can't do no wrong... Silly Smark.

Then why did Flair get yelled at for blading against Savage at the same event? Isn't Flair higher on the saintly level than Bret??

Because Flair straight out said

"Yeah Vince I gigged"

Bret was smart enough to lie...

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Oh come on, Flair has fucking sucked for the past DECADE and still gets huge love. Meanwhile, everyone else who wears out their welcome gets pissed on.

Guest Askewniverse

Didn't Bret also lie about blading in his Dec. '95 IYH match with Bulldog?

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I think its the fact that while Flair is certainly not what he was in the ring, he can still put together a decent match when he has enough rest from his previous encounter and is still possibly the most passionate promo guy on the planet. Hell I feared for Goldberg's life a few weeks ago when Flair just lost it on the mic and proceded to try to charge the ring.

Guest teke184

Jericho's bladejob in the Thrillseekers (Jericho and Storm) vs. Heavenly Bodies (Dr. Tom Pritchard and Gigilo Jimmy Del Ray) match at SMW: Night of the Legends is legendary in its own right.

Add that to the broken arm he got by blowing a SSP during his warmups that night and you've got something that rates high on the Sid scale for injuries and the Muta scale for blading in the same night for him.

Guest Ray

I know Shawn bled in an AWA tag match with Rose and Somers, because I have it on tape. He starts the match with white tights, and they are COVERED in blood when it's over.

Not sure, but it might be the same AWA tag on the Michaels DVD.

As far as best ever.....

NOTHING beats Austin in the sharpshooter at 13.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Oh I dunno bout that. Jerry Lynn writing "DIE" on his body with Corinos blood was pretty tops.

Guest Choken One

Yeah that owned.

How WWE hasn't stolen that I don't know why...

It would be Great if they used that in a Lesnar/Angle bloody blood bath...

However...Angle would write "U SUCK" instead

Guest MixxMaster
Jericho's bladejob in the Thrillseekers (Jericho and Storm) vs. Heavenly Bodies (Dr. Tom Pritchard and Gigilo Jimmy Del Ray) match at SMW: Night of the Legends is legendary in its own right.

Add that to the broken arm he got by blowing a SSP during his warmups that night and you've got something that rates high on the Sid scale for injuries and the Muta scale for blading in the same night for him.

Thanks for posting that, It's good to see that someone else remembers that match.

That was a SICK amount of blood...reminded me of some of the trash matches from Japan.

Call me pathetic, trash me, and then take a shit on my face, but I recall this....

Val Venis was fueding with Rikishi....

I know, bad already...

Well, I think Venis his Rikishi in the face with a moniter and Rikishi did a hell of a blade, and I recall his blood dripping into his bleached hair. While this wasn't the most memorable fued, it did give it a lot of intensity for the big blowoff match where Rikishi did a big splasharoo from the cage.

Guest godthedog
I'm certain I've seen HBK bleed before Badd Blood...

It always seems like the bled for some reason...

Maybe it's my reaccuring dreams interfering in reality again.

bad blood is the only wwf (i.e., pre-wwe) pay-per-view that michaels ever bled at.

and i move that the mention of rocky at WM17 be stricken from the record, on the grounds that he DROPPED THE BLADE and did a pretty pussy job anyway.

Guest RollingSambos

Bret's bladejob against the Bulldog at In Your House was one of my all-time favorites. The visual of the puddles of blood on those mats on the outside was just awsome. He was bleeding so bad that the blood was soaking everything BUT his face.

Randy Savage actually used to do bladejobs all the time, just not on TV. He and Hogan would have cage matches on house shows in 1989 and do some manly bladejobs. I remember seeing a picture of one of their cage matches in a magazine once and they were both drenched.

Guest Dmann2000
Sting also gigged at Great American Bash 92

Which I still haven't seen.

How much longer are you guys gonna keep that match away from me...

Guest Dmann2000
Randy Savage actually used to do bladejobs all the time, just not on TV. He and Hogan would have cage matches on house shows in 1989 and do some manly bladejobs. I remember seeing a picture of one of their cage matches in a magazine once and they were both drenched.

There's a pretty famous match between Savage & Hogan (on one of the Best of WWF vids) where Savage bleeds like crazy and Hogan keeps beating the stuffing out of him. Blood all over the mat.

Guest acnx

Sting/Nikita Koloff/Dustin Rhodes/Ricky Steamboat/Barry Windham vs. Arn Anderson/Bobby Eaton/Steve Austin/Larry Zbyszko/Rick Rude - Wrestlewar '92 (5/17/92 - Wargames)

One of my favorite matches ever...just sick.

Bret Hart vs Steve Austin - Wrestlemania 13

Just an amazing visual seeing Austin in the Sharpshooter with blood gushing down his face and dripping to the mat.

Others that come to mind: HBK vs Taker - Badd Blood, HHH vs Cactus Jack - Royal Rumble 2000.

Guest Choken One

Considering that it was so unusual at the time...

Bret Hart Vs British Bulldog IYH 5.

I can't really add much.

But I do remember the Rikishi/Venis deal. That made me want to see there match. It was just a wild brawl that had everyone out to pull them apart. And the image of Rikishi rising all bloodied and telling Val to bring more was badass.

Hmm.....I remember a funny bladejob. It was at an ROH show. If I remember right they had this guy giving them all these rules in the back b/c they are performing in front of children. Well Spanky gets slammed into the ring post by Jay Brisco. You can see Rob Feinstein watching in the background. Spanky starts bleeding and Feinstein's reaction was priceless. I swore he mouthed "oh god dammit" then he ran off. I wonder what the deal there was....

How about when Rock cut too deep and tapped a gusher on RAW one time?

Angle's blade job at Summerslam added to the match. The image of a bloody Angle leaning on the ropes in frustration is awesome

I think the undertaker bladed very good vs. Brock Lesnar in the hell in the cell match.

I like the WrestleMania X-7 blading job the best between stone cold and the rock. The Rocks wasn't that bad compared to the other ones, but stone cold did a good job blading. I liked the part when stone cold locked the shopshooter on the rock. It made the rocks blading look good also.

I don't think Rock's gusher was in the cage match. I think it was that time he lost #1 contendership to Bossman in the cage and he and Bull opened Rock up with a chain. That was the gusher...I'm pretty sure.