TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

The Hulk Hogan/Sid Justice feud

Can anyone tell me how the Hogan/Justice feud got started? Was it jealousy? I know there was press conference before Saturday Night's Main Event where something happened where Sid got pissed because Hogan was nominated for something, and at event where Justice & Hogan faced Flair & Taker, Sid walked out on Hogan, and left him for dead.

What happened? :huh:

It started at the 92 Rumble when Sid, making his return to the ring after being out of action for several months due to injury, dumped Hogan out of the ring. A lot of the people in the crowd were big Sid fans so he recieved an arguably larger ovation after the match during the brief altercation between the two.

Then it was Hogan who was chosen to face Flair during the press conference. Since Sid was the last man eliminated from the Rumble it was easy to see why he was pissed.

All that came to a head at SNME when Sid walked out of the match, leaving Hogan alone in the ring against Flair and the Undertaker. It was after that match that Hogan "requested" to face Sid at WrestleMania rather than fight Flair for the world title.

There's been talk that Hogan had Sid turn heel because he was threatened by how popular Justice was getting.

Guest Human Fly

The press conference was classic when Sid got pissed and wadded up his piece of paper. 10 seconds later you see Hogan doing the usual junk at the mic and then you see this paper wad go flying behind him.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

You forgot to mention how Hogan held Sid after he was tossed from the Rumble and that allowed Flair to dump him for the win and the title.

Guest Choken One

That was the Kayfabe reason..

Hogan/Flair was planned for the Main event to end all main events.

However...Vince got word FBI was cracking down on WWF and thus Vince had to get Hogan out quickly.

Vince couldn't let Hogan walk away with the title but he couldn't let Hogan job the Match of the Century and let the heel walk away with the belt...

So thus they made the switch...They turned Sid and gave him the Traditional Heel Monster Run and gave Hogan an other "unslayable" monster...

Savage, Naturally was the replacement to fight Flair...

The true plan for Mania 8 was I believe

Hogan/Flair

Savage/Roberts

Sid/Taker

Hart/Piper

Guest The Old Me
You forgot to mention how Hogan held Sid after he was tossed from the Rumble and that allowed Flair to dump him for the win and the title.

What he said.

Guest Ace309

Wasn't that one of the earliest known instances of video commentary dubbing? I seem to recall the live pay-per-view featuring the ovation and Gorilla touting the every-man-for-himself thing, but the commercial tape having dubbed booing and Gorilla calling Sid a creep.

Wasn't that one of the earliest known instances of video commentary dubbing? I seem to recall the live pay-per-view featuring the ovation and Gorilla touting the every-man-for-himself thing, but the commercial tape having dubbed booing and Gorilla calling Sid a creep.

I heard booing but always assumed it was directed at Hogan rather than Sid.

*Sid points to a sign in the crowd that reads "Hulk Who?"*

*I fall out of my chair laughing*

From my understanding, Hogan / Flair was planned as the main event for WrestleMania more than 6 months in advance but was changed FAR earlier than what you would assume from watching WWF TV. It's fairly obvious that the entire press conference was just a way to create more heat for Hogan vs. Sid. And if it's true that Sid was to have faced the Undertaker at Mania, which makes sense, then he would have continued on as a face - thus the confrontation with Hogan at the Rumble may never have happened.

Guest Choken One

I was thinking Sid would still turn heel and Taker would turn face...

Guest bort

i thought that when sid singed he was promised at match at mania with hogan, i remeber reading or hearing this somewhere but maybe i am thinking of somthing else

Guest The Czech Republic
i thought that when sid singed he was promised at match at mania with hogan, i remeber reading or hearing this somewhere but maybe i am thinking of somthing else

he sang?

(to the tune of Heartbreaker)

You're a matchmaker, sport-faker

C'mon now Vince and let Hulk Hogan wrestle me!

As a final explanation as to why Sid got the match, it just bees like that sometimes.

Guest PhantMan

I think it came down to Vince not wanting to put hogan, next to take a hiatus to film a movie, to flair and hogan not wanting to job to his wcw counterpart.

I am suprised that no one has mentioned when Sid Justice was on The Barber Shop the next day after turning heel on WWF Saturday Night's Main Event and went nuts on Brutus Beefcake and knocked the whole thing down with a steel chair, the best part about that was when Sid had all of the shaving cream all over his face and stuff, haha!!! I remember that Press Confrence was showed at the beginning of every WWF TV show for like two weeks!!! I was just wondering about that Sid Vs. The Undertaker match, I think Sid would have been the heel because they needed The Undertaker to turn heel to help out the entire Jake Roberts Vs. Randy Savage feud, well we got Sid Vs. The Undertaker five years later, that much stunk but I think if they wrestled each other at WWF WrestleMania VIII it would have been a lot better than at WWF WrestleMania 13, that is just my opinion and you can take it or leave it, haha!!!

Thanks.

Guest Choken One

Actually...Undertaker might not had to turn face if they were going for the Roberts/Savage blowoff at Mania...

Thus Sid could have been a Tweener and then you could have had Undertaker save Eliz at Mania...And Thus Sid (pissed cuz he lost attacks the newly turned Taker)

So that means you would have a nice arch between

Roberts-Sid-Savage-Taker

Hogan going over Flair...You just have Flair do his "Pissed off Former Champion" run and have a rematch at Slam with Flair going over via Screwy details...Hogan had a movie coming up so he goes bye bye...

and THEN you do the Savage/Flair deal

I was just wondering about that Sid Vs. The Undertaker match, I think Sid would have been the heel because they needed The Undertaker to turn heel to help out the entire Jake Roberts Vs. Randy Savage feud, well we got Sid Vs. The Undertaker five years later, that much stunk but I think if they wrestled each other at WWF WrestleMania VIII it would have been a lot better than at WWF WrestleMania 13, that is just my opinion and you can take it or leave it, haha!!!

Thanks.

I haven't seen any myself but Sid fought the Undertaker on almost a daily basis from his WWF debut until he sustained his injury in late 91 (the early bouts were scheduled for Warrior vs. Taker but Warrior took off right after Summer Slam so Sid filled in).

It's pretty easy to say that any one of those many battles had a ton more heat behind them than their WrestleMania XIII match, which ranks right up there with LT vs. Bigelow as the most underwhelming ending to any WrestleMania ever.

Sid - the unstoppable hugely popular newcomer - vs. the Undertaker - who was undefeated on TV and easily kicked the snot out of everyone he faced. Hell ... I actually want to watch that right now ...

That is kind of where I was getting at, I actually wound not have minded at all if they booked WWF WrestleMania VIII that way, I am sure Savage/Roberts, Bret/Piper, The Undertaker/Sid and Hogan/Flair would have all been good matches, I mean Bret/Piper was a great match and that could have been the biggest PPV ever!!!

Thanks.

Guest Dmann2000
That was the Kayfabe reason..

Hogan/Flair was planned for the Main event to end all main events.

However...Vince got word FBI was cracking down on WWF and thus Vince had to get Hogan out quickly.

Vince couldn't let Hogan walk away with the title but he couldn't let Hogan job the Match of the Century and let the heel walk away with the belt...

So thus they made the switch...They turned Sid and gave him the Traditional Heel Monster Run and gave Hogan an other "unslayable" monster...

Savage, Naturally was the replacement to fight Flair...

The true plan for Mania 8 was I believe

Hogan/Flair

Savage/Roberts

Sid/Taker

Hart/Piper

So we could have had a potential 3 ****+ matches instead of 2?

Stupid FBI.

Guest Choken One

But What I want to know is what they were doing with Bret before he got sick and they rushed it to Piper off mountie...

Were they going to put the title on Mountie anyways at Rumble and have Bret win it back at Mania or what?

Or was Bret going to go over and Piper was going to do the tweener angry vet deal?

But What I want to know is what they were doing with Bret before he got sick and they rushed it to Piper off mountie...

Were they going to put the title on Mountie anyways at Rumble and have Bret win it back at Mania or what?

Or was Bret going to go over and Piper was going to do the tweener angry vet deal?

It was rumored that Bret was going to leave for WCW so Vince took the title off Bret at the house show before the rumble and had Piper win it to avenge Brets loss. Once Bret came to terms and didn't go to WCW it set up a feud with Piper. Something along those lines.

I had heard that Bret was in talks with WCW, which would explain the title change (and having a fever isn't much of a reason to drop the belt to begin with). Although, the only reason the belt was ever put on Piper was so he could drop it back to Bret.

Can anyone tell me how the Hogan/Justice feud got started? Was it jealousy? I know there was press conference before Saturday Night's Main Event where something happened where Sid got pissed because Hogan was nominated for something, and at event where Justice & Hogan faced Flair & Taker, Sid walked out on Hogan, and left him for dead.

I remember I was watching it and there was a fan with a big sign saying Sid Justice, clearly showing that he was a favorite of his. And then the moment Sid abandoned Hogan and was walking to the back, you can see the same fan rip up his own sign. :lol: