TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Suicide King

WWE Raw Deal CCG?

Guest Suicide King

I was going to put this in the WWE board or the video games board, but neither quite fit. I was curious as to whether anyone else in the Smartmarks community played this game and what their thoughts of it were?

Guest DrTom

I used to, I played mostly as Benoit, since his ability was potentially very abusive. It's been about a year or so since I last played. The game's designed pretty well, with a system that's easy to learn and that fits the theme. The things they've added to the game seem to have enhanced it for the most part, though there still seem to be quite a few broken power cards running around.

I used to play as Austin, Jericho, HHH, Two Man Power Trip, Brothers of Destruction, and Ric Flair, but I've pretty much quit the game. Too busy now playing Magic.

Edited by DerangedHermit

Guest Suicide King

Yes. In the recent magazine with Matt Hardy on the cover (I forget which one it was) there was a deal that if you sent in the cost of shipping and handling (about $6.95) you got two starter decks free, but you didn't get to pick which ones.

So all the people on the board who used to play Raw Deal have given it up? Dang. I was hoping to talk shop. I do agree with Dr. Tom though about there being a few broken cards that really screw everything up.

Edited by Suicide King

Yes. In the recent magazine with Matt Hardy on the cover (I forget which one it was) there was a deal that if you sent in the cost of shipping and handling (about $6.95) you got two started decks free, but you didn't get to pick which ones.

What is the offer code?

I was hoping to talk shop.

I still have my cards, so I can "talk shop" about things that are a year or so old. It's been about that long since I bought something, I think. Basically, I play and judge (the latter more than the former, these days) Magic at least once a week, so I had to prioritize my cardboard crack habits.

Guest David

I played Raw Deal like 2 years ago, I played as Austin,Undertaker,Kurt Angle,Chyna,X-pac,and Road Dogg.

I was addicted to Raw Deal, I even bought the whole Box which was like $100 bucks, and i got shit cards from it....

Guest Suicide King

Well, for those interested in the authorization code I have it, but sadly the offer ran out July 31st, so it won't be of much use to you.

I got the new Insurrexion supplement that just came out two weeks ago, and I have to say it's pretty good. The starter decks alone are decent, including Team Angle, Los Guererros, HBK, Steiner, and remakes of Benoit and Austin. The booster wrestlers were Rhyno and Test. A good mix of styles, types, and flavors with a lot of new and old stuff thrown in. I would recommend it, but I suppose I am the only one crazy enough to buy a box of boosters for $100, if it isn't a Magic box that is. ;)

The last few supplements have had some killer characters though. My current favorite decks are Ric Flair and Tajiri.

Anyone have any exceptionally cool cards?

Edited by Suicide King

Not that I play anymore, but you guys are pretty stupid to pay $100 for boxes of Raw Deal, Magic (or any other CCG, barring perhaps YGO). My local store has Insurrection boxes for $80 or $85, and I think Magic is even cheaper...and also look on the 'net. (I found a good price for Raw Deal boxes here.)

Edited by DerangedHermit

I haven't paid for a box of Magic in a while. Between compensation for judging and packs I get for doing well in tourneys, there's just no need.

That's the path to free product, kids: do well when you play, and when you don't play, judge.

Guest Korgath

Singapore's quite fond of Raw Deal, with over 70 regular players. However, most of them are pretty markish and just about ALL Singaporean gamers tend to lose interest in a CCG after a couple of years. I haven't caught wind of any local tourney information since.

I first bought Raw Deal when it came out several years back, splurging on building up Kane, Rock, Jericho and Eddie G. My recent smark conversion has prompted me to look out for the newer expansions, but I'll have to do some market research if I'm ever going to start building up decks again.

Guest Suicide King

I have to say, I've been testing my new Crippler deck for a couple of weeks now, and his ability is terrifying. If you fill your deck with good hybrid maneuvers like Nerve Hold, Inside Cradle, and Backslide you can just milk your opponent to death.

Indeed, the Crippler is frightening. Expierience has shown me however that any of the Superstars can be terrifying with the right deck construction.

Guest David

I stopped playing cuz of all the newer expansions coming out,they're too many expansions