TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagan469

Your best eBay finds

Guest Eagan469

I recently got into using eBay and I love it. In the past 2 weeks I got:

Every episode of ECW on TNN for 30 bucks

Dreamcast for 35 bucks

I taped over a copy of the Bills-Chiefs AFC Championship game from 1993 when I was little and it pissed off my dad. So I found a copy of it on DVD for 20 bucks and gave it to him for his birthday.

Guest Ten Ton Lid

Five vinyl Gas Huffer singles (including the split singles with Mudhoney and the Red Aunts) for two bucks.

Guest HBK16

My friend bought a car there. Got it like $5,000 cheaper than he would at a dealer. Brand new almost.

I was able to swipe 15 DVD's for the price of 2. CD deck for my mom's car for only $50. The original price was $230 or something like that. I also got my friend a supercharger kit for his car for like half the price he woul dhave paid from a website or anywhere else.

like I said in the PS2 DVD thread, I got a Toshiba DVD player for $25. It was listed at such a low price because the seller apparently thought that it was broken beyond repair (The audio was gone, the disc skipped after about 3 minutes and the LCD panel wasn't working).

I did a google search and found out several people who had the same problem with theirs and the fix for it, which invovled 3 $.99 capacitors from Radio Shack and someone who can solder (my uncle). So for $28 I got a $100+ DVD player (priced the same exact model at Sears and Circuit City) and it works perfectly (even had the remote/manual and duracell batteries)

In the Summer of 98/99 (I forget which exactly), I did eBay as a "job" by buying and reselling stuff off of eBay.

My biggest find was a Baseball card (I was a VERY serious collector back then) I bought off of eBay for $5. I forget who the player was exactly, but it was from the 20's - 30's. Anyway, I bought it and when it arived at my house I got to work.

The very same day I got it, I took a scan of it and put it right back up for auction on eBay. By the time that MY auction for the very same item was over, I sold it for over $500, making around a $500 profit.

That's my greatest eBay find and deal.

I've got a ton of other pretty cool deals though. One being my picking up Silence of the Lambs: Criterion Collection DVD for around $9. I was up really late, and was looking for the other version of SotL. I saw an auction that was ending in just a few minutes, at about 3am and clicked on it. It was listed as simply "Silence of the Lambs DVD". When I looked at the description it had a scan of the CC version, so I picked it up really quick.