TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MideonMark

Best ROH shows?

Guest MideonMark

Ok, so I have the first 9 ROH shows, but then didn't get the next 7 shows, before buying Epic Encounter(mainly because I heard how great London vs Dragon 2/3 falls is, and it is a seriously great match). Ok so that means I have the first 9 shows and Epic Encounter. I'll be ordering 2 more this week, so what are the 2 best other shows that I don't have?

Guest MideonMark

I think I'll buy Expect the Unexpected and Night of the Champions.

Good choices?

I haven't seen the show but I know Black Tiger (Mike Campbell) didn't think it was that great.

I've seen-

Final Battle- While not a bad show- it's not one of the elite ROH shows.

Revenge on the Prophecy- A great main event tag match, a fun 4-way, and Dragon v. Joe.

RRC 2- Daniels v. Red, Red v. Daniels, London v, Daniels, Punk v. Homicide and Joe v. Williams- some good stuff.

Do or Die- Punk wrestles twice, Special K v. Backseats, Joe v. Homicide, Whitmer v. Maff, and Stryker v. Carter

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

ETU is in my opinion, the best all-around show ROH has ever done. Minus the usual Ring Crew squash and the opener- EVERYTHING was *** or higher.

Night of Champions has a really good tag title match and an AWESOME Ki/Fleisch match, but other than the formation of the Second City Saints, it was basically a "writeoff" show in terms of storyline/angle purposes.

Guest shatteredsoul14

get Night of Grudges from 6/14/03

it OWNS. what matches lacked usual good ROH prowess contained great comedy like the csc vs carnage crew... yes, i was in the front row and we paid that guy to kiss buff e.

then you have stuff like LONDON VS STYLES, which was off the fn charts and stryker vs beckett which is a purists dream. Credible's debut rocked hard too. HELL, even dunn and marcos rocked special k like an fn hurricane with SWB. That match was even like 3 ***

get it, i like it better than epic encounter

:cheers: cheerio

Soul

Guest Nathan_Avara

The best shows of 2003 are RRC II: Retribution and Death Before Dishonor.

Retribution:

CM Punk vs. Homicide

Paul London vs. Christopher Daniels,

Both low end MOTYCs

DBD:

Raven vs. CM Punk

Danny Maff vs. Homicide vs. BJ Whitmier vs. Colt Cabana,

Both hit MOTYC for me (low end). Raven vs. Punk may have been personal preference, but it's got some great mark out moments, especially if you followed ECW.

Guys, please help me out. I'm sort of a beginner with ROH, having only watched a few of their high-profile matches like the Round Robin series, 4 way crowning of a champion, and a few others. I plan on buying only 3 of their early videos ( I can only afford three right now) but I have four to choose from. My picks are:

Glory By Honor

All Star Extravaganza

Night of Appreciation

Honor Invades Boston

I really like guys like AJ Styles, American Dragon, Chris Daniels, but I've heard reat stuff from guys like Paul LOndon and Michael Shane. Can you guys recommend which three I should go with? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Guys, please help me out. I'm sort of a beginner with ROH, having only watched a few of their high-profile matches like the Round Robin series, 4 way crowning of a champion, and a few others. I plan on buying only 3 of their early videos ( I can only afford three right now) but I have four to choose from. My picks are:

Glory By Honor

All Star Extravaganza

Night of Appreciation

Honor Invades Boston

I really like guys like AJ Styles, American Dragon, Chris Daniels, but I've heard reat stuff from guys like Paul LOndon and Michael Shane. Can you guys recommend which three I should go with? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Honor invades Boston didnt really do it for me as much as some of the other early shows. So I would not get the other three. I havent seen Night of Appreciation though.

Ok, I know this doesn't belong here, but what is the Colt 45?

Oh, uh...which show has Spanky vs. Paul London vs. Micheal Shane for the rights to the Showstopper monicer?

Ok, I know this doesn't belong here, but what is the Colt 45?

Oh, uh...which show has Spanky vs. Paul London vs. Micheal Shane for the rights to the Showstopper monicer?

Colt 45 is a Double Underhook into a Canadian Backbreaker (an Underhook version of A-Train's Train Wreck)

Here's an Animation version from Colt's site: http://www.angelfire.com/nb/pick2k/sigani.txt

And that match was on GLORY BY HONOR

Guest MideonMark

To pochorenella, I'd definately get All Star Extravaganza, which has a pretty good six man tag(Daniels/Morgan/Samoa Joe vs Homicide/Lowki/Williams), a great AJ Styles vs American Dragon match, a great Tommy Dreamer promo and motherfucking Ohtani in ROH.

Night of Appreciation isnt't that great, although it does have a great Lowki vs AJ Styles match, and a good Daniels vs Morgan match.

I haven't seen Glory by Honor yet.

Honor Invades Boston has an awesome Mark vs Jay Briscoe match, a great Dragon vs Morgan match and a great AJ vs Lowki match and every thing else is pretty good, excpet for a couple of the jobber matches.