TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

X Fest 2003

Hey you all here in Dayton 103.9 FM has a day long concert each year, this years lineup:

Mudvayne

Cold

Powerman 5000

Hoobastank

Seether

Eve 6

Shinedown

3 Days Grace

Sloth

V Shaped Mind

Anybody here going, and does anybody know much about the bottom three bands?

It doesn't look too bad to me, (although I am a patsy for what the radio plays for me) but its on a Sunday in September, sorry X Fest its NFL season!

Yeah, Cold & Seether are the only two bands I really like there. Not quite enough to spend the 20 bucks plus UNGODLY concession prices.

I'll settle for Gannon tearing apart the Bengals secondary that day instead.

Guest Dmann2000

Guys, I don't mean to toot my horn or anything but...

...it all went to shit once my Mom left her position as General Manager of 103.9, 104.7, 107.7, 99.9, 94.5, and 980AM

Eh that's not the worst radio station fest ever I once went to one about two and a half years ago that had this "classic" lineup:

Third Eye Blind

Sister Hazel

SoulDecision

Samantha Mumba

Dido

The Corrs

No Authority (Third rate boy band that had a few minor hits around here)

Evan and Jaron

PM5K really needs to go back to the music that made them gain a following here in MA. It was all artsy type rock with hardcore influences and some rapping. It was actually REALLY listenable compared to Tonight The Stars Revolt, which is an above-average nu-metal album, but still just rock-radio stuff the same.

3EB and Sister Hazel aren't bad, but the rest is just a joke.

Yeah, Sister Hazel wasn't bad but I got something against Third Eye Blind. Seven of the eight bands used the same basic stage, but Third Eye Blind wanted to use the stage they use on their freaking headlining tour. So it basically took an hour and a half for Third Eye Blind to set up their stage by then the concert was about four and a half hours long and most people decided to leave. You know it's a bad show when SoulDecision is the best act.

This concert btw was in 8,000 seat arena and about 2-3rd's of the tickets were papered, it was that bad. Also Evan and Jaron did a horrendous cover of AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long.

I have a friend in Dallas that just loves Edge Fest. I'm sure he'll go to it this year, but I haven't talked to him in awhile.

I know he's got great taste in music because he was my roommate for awhile and he introduced me to a lot of good music.