TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aecas

PROMO - The Calm Before The Storm

Guest Aecas

An image slowly fades into view, bobbing slightly as a cameraman walks slowly down a long corridor. The shoes of the bearer squeak slightly on the floor as he walks, passing junctions and side corridors until finally the camera stops in front of a door. The words “Boiler Room” stenciled upon its surface along with several steam burn warning signs. The camera looks at the signs for a long moment before moving closer to the door, a hand enters the shot, grasping the handle and opening the door, the portal giving way to a hellish scene of boiling steam and humming machinery, everything lies shrouded in darkness as the camera slowly pans around the room details hard to distinguish in the gloom. The camera begins to slowly move into the room slowly moving from side to side before stopping dead as the bearer and the viewers hear a soft clank, the camera slowly pans to the right and Aecas’ grim face suddenly fills the camera lens. The view jerks for a moment as the cameraman takes a step backwards in surprise, the reaction provoking a slight smile that tugs at the corners of the giant’s mouth as he rises up to his full height.

“Jumpy today aren’t we…”

Aecas’ words are only just audible over the background noises in the boiler room, the camera angle tilting slightly as the bearer tries to keep the Black Angel in focus as the half smile breaks into a full fledged and very toothy grin.

“You feel it don’t you? The hour is almost at hand, an hour of reckoning. It matters little who wins this fight, all that matters is the battle…and the conflicts to come…”

Aecas seems to drift off slightly, his shoulders shaking with silent mirth as a soft hissing sound that can only be taken as laughter breaks the silence between the steam bursts. The camera view visibly shivers as the giant gazes deep into the lens…

Into the eyes of the cameraman…

Into the eyes of the watching fans…

Into the eyes of his opponent…

“Viktor, you and I have fought 3 times now, each battle took place in different circumstances, the steel walls of a cage could not hold our fury, nor could the wooden structure of that shed hold up to our rage. In both those matches I bested you, and gave you something to remember me by.”

Aecas pauses for a moment remembering the brutality of those two matches before his smile becomes one of amusement.

“But I did not have things my own way did I Viktor? Two weeks ago it was you who bested me, drove my face into the hard canvas of the ring for a deserving win, and went on to secure the ultimate victory of becoming the SJL World Champion.”

The mirth disappears from his face, as the fires of insanity begin to etch themselves into his features as he leans in closer to the camera.

“That hurt Viktor…”

The camera jerks as the huge curved blade of the Flick Scythe whips past it, as Aecas presses the release catch, ginning as the camera flees backwards once again, casually spinning the huge weapon in one hand as easily as a man would spin a cane. Slowly the scythe comes to a stop, the giant holding the staff with both hands as he gazes wistfully at the razor sharp blade mere inches from his flesh.

“But you see, pain and I are old acquaintances. There is nothing in the world quite like pain Viktor; it’s a very important thing though you may not realize it. Its all relative Viktor, it tells you that you are still alive, that you still breath. Until you can embrace that understanding you will always be its slave.”

Aecas licks his lips as he places the BUTT of the scythe on the floor, lifting one finger and running it along the curved blade, opening a shallow cut across the breadth of his finger. The Black Angel looks at the bloody digit for a moment before raising it to his mouth and slowly licking away the blood, and expression of pure ecstasy crossing his face as he does so.

“Why be its slave Viktor…when you can be the master…”

He speaks in hushed tones as he raises the bloody finger to the blade of the scythe, smearing the crimson fluid over the flat of the metal before he slowly rests the staff across his shoulders, grinning wickedly at the camera showing teeth stained red from his own blood.

“My friend here is quite thirsty for blood Viktor, blood of any kind is always divine, but YOURS will be exquisite.”

Aecas starts to slowly move back into the shadows of the boiler room, speaking as he slowly disappears into the blackness.

“The hour is coming Viktor, the sands of time are almost up, and then you and I shall fight once more. Will I defeat you? Or shall you topple me once more? The answer awaits….”

Aecas vanishes completely into the darkness of the boiler room, completely swallowed in the shadows as the camera starts to hurriedly back out of the room only to freeze once more as Aecas speaks one last time.

“Are you scared…..I’m here……”

Steam erupts from pipes all around the room and red machinery lights bathe the room in a hellish combination of light and smoke, highlighting the huge figure of the Black Angel as he raises his Scythe in one hand. The vision last for a few brief seconds before the camera turns and runs down a hallway, the image fading as the footsteps of the cameraman hammer on the floor.

Guest Aecas

We shall see about that :D

I wouldn't mind teaming up with Crow though at some point, that'd be a war ;)

Sign in to follow this