TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Insurrextion 2003

WWE1063.jpg

June 7, 2003: WWE Raw invaded Newcastle, England, and put on a show that won't be forgotten.

Street Fight for the World Heavyweight ChampionshipTriple H (with Ric Flair) vs. Kevin Nash (with Shawn Michaels)

WWE Intercontinental Title Match

Christian vs. Booker T

World Tag Team Championship Match

Rob Van Dam & Kane vs. La Resistance

Scott Steiner vs. Test

The Highlight Reel featuring guests Eric Bischoff and Stone Cold Steve Austin

6-Man Tag Team Match

Bubba Ray, D-Von & Spike Dudley vs. Rodney Mack, Christopher Nowinski & Theodore R. Long

WWE Women Championship Match

Jazz (with Theodore R. Long) vs. Trish Stratus

Rico vs. Goldust

DVD Extras:

5 post-match interviews

United Kingdom Tour Recap

Sightseeing with Christian & Trish Stratus

I just bought this and it was a million times better than Bad Blood. Most of the matches were lengthy (unlike BB) and were entertaining. I was pleased with what RAW delivered on this PPV. Even though Jericho, HBK, or Flair didn't have matches, Insurrextion is definitely a must see. It also features the PPV / overseas debut of the Highlight Reel. I was happy with it so for me, it wasn't a waste of money.

This was actually the first WWE Sky box office show I haven't bought for a long time.

I just couldnt justify the £14 when the DVD is only £18.

I might end up getting the DVD now though. Are Silvervision still doing that deal where you get money off for pre-orders? Or is it too late for that now?

Guest jm29195

The Nash vs HHH match at Insurrextion was miles better than their one at Judgement day as was Booker T and Christian's match (imo the best they've had)

Steiner vs Test was decent but didn't have Steiner falling off the ring.... I'm still out ot whether this is a good thing or not?

Jazz vs Trish was also a good match but had a cheap ending

RVD/Kane vs La Resistance was made better by the huge heat that the Frenchies drew in England

Eric Bischoff on the highlite reel 'It looks like they've replaced mad cow disease with fat cow disease' hilarious given some of the munters in the front row....

I think that was the best match Trish Vs. Jazz match I've seen over the years.

I think Insurrextion was Rico's last televised appearance before he became the new Adrian Street.

And yes, Steiner slipping at BB = Gold

The slip angle by the way got edited in the BB VHS / DVD, but you can still see that he slipped. :lol:

Edited by Rico_Constantino

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

The show comes off better because of the heat of an English crowd, and while it was better than Badd Blood it was not great.

I was lucky enough to be backstage at this show before bell time and a lot of it was viewed as a warm-up for Badd Blood much in the way a house show is.

But its the best RAW has given us PPV-wise so far.

*fears the suckage levels of Unforgiven

Guest BionicRedneck

I was there live. All the matches that also took place at Bad Blood (Booker/Christian, French/RVD + Kane etc.) were better at Inserrextion. Incidently, one of the matches which got the least heat was the main event and lots of people started leaving early once Flair got sent to the back. Oh, and Maven (who wrestled a dark match) got a better pop than Nash. Really.

It was an OK show. The DVD extras don't look too clever, though.

But its the best RAW has given us PPV-wise so far.

*fears the suckage levels of Unforgiven

Well considering they've only done ONE RAW PPV, it's hardly impossible to top.

Eh, who am I kidding? The next one will fucking blow too.

UYI