TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Freedy vs. Jason II : Here is some information...

Guest El Satanico

Not that I'm complaining(i love pinhead), but Pinhead vs. Myers would be the same as FvsJ just with different back stories.

Big hulking monster who had a bad experience as a kid vs. sadistc demon with a sharp tongue

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
Not that I'm complaining(i love pinhead), but Pinhead vs. Myers would be the same as FvsJ just with different back stories.

Big hulking monster who had a bad experience as a kid vs. sadistc demon with a sharp tongue

Yeah, but Pinhead is just so much cooler then Freddy. Plus, Michael Myers is alot cooler then Jason.

It could be great.

Who could Leatherface star with in a Vs. movie?

I think LF vs. Ash would be cool. I'd be better then Ash/Freddy.

I think a Michael/Pinhead movie would tank. It would be seen as a blatant ripoff of F vs. J, and Myers really hasn't had much box office appeal since about 1981. Have any Hellraiser movies done much at the box office?

I watched Army of Darkness today and I have to say adding Ash to the mix is a great idea. In F vs. J I think a human character that people give a crap about was sorely needed. It was a heel/heel matchup, although I guess Jason was a pseudo face. Ash would be the regular guy character that the audience could get behind as he battles both maniacs.

Can you imagine him exchanging cracks with Freddy?

Guest El Satanico

No no Freddy vs. Ash would rule just for the shit talking.

Pinhead doesn't adapt to being funny as well as Freddy. Pinhead works best in situations that are at least somewhat serious. Unless Dimension decides to take it in a different direction than FvsJ took, Pinhead vs. Myers won't be serious at all. If Dimension wants it to be a darker version of Fvs.J then it will be great.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Leatherface should just stay out of it all, he's a human who happens to be out of his mind, where as everyone else is some undead walking super death machine or a demon variant. Which is probably why I find Leatherface a lot more interesting but whatever.

So when will this whole VS craze officially get idiotic, with Chucky vs Leprechaun or Jaws vs Tremors?

On a sidenote, Ash vs Pinhead would actually kind of make sense, what with the evil dead hell spawns constantly terrorizing the poor fool. Why couldn't the ultimate hell spawn give it a go? Ash's one liners vs Pinhead's uber serious character would be...interesting. Not good necessarily, but interesting.

Guest El Satanico

I know that Leatherface is just a dim witted hillbilly who likes killing stuff. But who could he do a Vs. movie with that would be a good fight. Well they could do Leatherface vs. TORGO!

torstill2.jpg

Frankly, I don't care how many Vs. movies they do or who stars in them as long as they are entertaining in at least a campy manner.

Critters vs. Gremlins...wooo

Edited by El Satanico

No no Freddy vs. Ash would rule just for the shit talking.

Pinhead doesn't adapt to being funny as well as Freddy. Pinhead works best in situations that are at least somewhat serious. Unless Dimension decides to take it in a different direction than FvsJ took, Pinhead vs. Myers won't be serious at all. If Dimension wants it to be a darker version of Fvs.J then it will be great.

That's exactly what I was talking about El. If it was darker and a little more serious, it would be a fucking grreat movie. But it would still blow at the box office. But hey, what do I care, as long as I get a great Pinhead/Myers flick!

www.Fangoria.com

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=1530

October 10: FREDDY VS. JASON VS. ASH confirmed

It’s true. FANGORIA has learned that New Line Cinema is seriously considering adding Ash (Bruce Campbell) to the inevitable FREDDY VS. JASON Round Two that the studio has in development. This is not some Internerd rumor, though the notion has been tabled out there in horror fandom for months. Sure, we’ve heard about other permutations for a follow-up to the blockbuster rumble (everything from FREDDY VS. JASON VS. LEATHERFACE to …VS. CHUCKY to …VS. MICHAEL), but the Ash scenario, evidently, is the only one that New Line is treating as a legitimate idea. We’ll keep you updated.

What I think New Line should do is to do a sort of two in one release of "A Nightmare On Elm St: Part 0" and "Friday The 13th: Part 0" Half the movie shows how Freddy came to be, and the other half shows how Jason came to be.

A Nightmare on Elm Street prequel is already in the works

www.Fangoria.com

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=1530

October 10: FREDDY VS. JASON VS. ASH confirmed

It’s true. FANGORIA has learned that New Line Cinema is seriously considering adding Ash (Bruce Campbell) to the inevitable FREDDY VS. JASON Round Two that the studio has in development. This is not some Internerd rumor, though the notion has been tabled out there in horror fandom for months. Sure, we’ve heard about other permutations for a follow-up to the blockbuster rumble (everything from FREDDY VS. JASON VS. LEATHERFACE to …VS. CHUCKY to …VS. MICHAEL), but the Ash scenario, evidently, is the only one that New Line is treating as a legitimate idea. We’ll keep you updated.

Woohoo!

Guest Turlis

As cool as it would be to see Ash take on both freddy and jason the fact of the matter is that there is no way that he could take them both. Ash might be able to take out jason in the "Real world" but when it comes to freddys world well ash would have no special atributes, a chainsaw hand isn't going to help you in a night mare.

Guest El Satanico

They handled the "Jason doesn't sleep" problem, so there's reason to believe they will figure out a way to handle Ash.

They handled the "Jason doesn't sleep" problem, so there's reason to believe they will figure out a way to handle Ash.

Besides, after all of the stuff Ash has dealt with in the past, I'm sure he has a chance against a crazed goon and a nightmare fiend.

Well, I don't think that stuff matters. I think those Evil Dead guys will ignore pretty much anything in order to make the next one. Let's not ignore the fact that Ash was in part 1 and apparently died at the end but still came back in part 2. There was no continuity between 1 and 2 at all. I'm sure they'd ignore it again if they had to make whatever idea they came up with.

Skip the first 5 minutes of Evil Dead II. Even in the commentary for Evil Dead II, Sam and Bruce say to do that. They couldn't get the footage of the first one (because it was a different production company that owned the rights to the original, or something, and they were being dicks about it to Sam), so they had to re-film/summarize the first one in 5 minutes or less. Notice how...

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

This for the 4 people that haven't seen either classic.

Notice how at the end of Evil Dead, Ash it outside of the house, during daybreak, and the Force comes from behind the house, through it, and runs into Ash (who turns around and screams)? That very same scene is re-short PERFECTLY in Evil Dead II.

So saying there's no continuity between the two is bullshit. Pure and utter bullshit. It was

Besides, after all of the stuff Ash has dealt with in the past, I'm sure he has a chance against a crazed goon and a nightmare fiend.

Plus, they could always pull a NOES 3 and have him be able to do cool stuff in the dreams

Guest Turlis

but also notice in nose3 freddy wasn't effected by some of the stuff that they did, like the wizard kid, he tryed doing magic to him and freddy just said he didn't believe in it and killed the kid, they put it very clearly in FvsJ that freddy lives off of fear and if any of you have seen the evil dead movies you all know that ash is a coward until someone endargers or kills his woman, and even then he's a coward. so the only way that freddy could loose to ash is if he pulled his usual sadistic mind crap and made it look like he killed lynda, then of corse ash would cut him in half with no fear only rage:)

Guest JMA

I think it might be cool if both Freddy and Jason were tied in with Necronomicon. After all, some of the pages of the book are missing. Perhaps before he died, Freddy cast a spell from a stolen page to let him live on in dreams (as an insurance if someone killed him). And Pamela Voorhees could've brought back Jason via a spell from a stolen page (only to bring him back as a hulking, killing machine). I hope Ronnie Yu is taken out in favor of Sam Raimi.

Here is my idea as to how the story should unfold. First off, Freddy is now just a head stranded in the waking world. There has to be a reason for Jason not to smash him. Freddy could make a deal with the child-like Jason. He could promise to weave a dream for Jason in which his mother was with him and he could finally rest in peace. Jason would agree, of course. Freddy would order Jason to find a page of the Necronomicon (this would restore Freddy's body and send him back into the dream realm).

Enter Ash. Ash is now the manager of S-Mart and is trying to get on with his life. He hears about the destruction in Springwood and assumes something supernatural must be afoot. Although he doesn't want to, his conscience forces him to. Thus, there is a confrontation. Ash would encounter Jason first. Eventually, Freddy would be restored and sent back to the dream world.

This is where Ash could fight Freddy. I had an idea of what Ash's nightmare would be. At first he thinks it's a dream (seeing as his hand is restored). But it soon turns to a nightmare as the hand turns on him. I'd also have Freddy send some dream Deadites on Ash. Ash would cut them up but their parts would still come after him. Ash would soon bring Freddy out of the dream and Jason and Freddy would go after him. Ash would outsmart Freddy and decapitate Freddy again. He would then beat Jason by dropping some heavy object on him, lop off his head and limbs, and burn them. He would then finish Freddy by putting his head in that device from ED2, stuff a gasoline soaked rag in his mouth, light it up, and chainsaw his head in two.

Thus, both would die and Ash would survive yet again.

Guest El Satanico

I like the Necronomicon linking all three together idea.

However, I agree that the movie idea wasn't very good.

Guest JMA
It was a nice attempt, but it was too generic and paint by numbers.

Yeah, I can see how it could be seen as generic. I still think Sam Raimi should replace Ronnie Yu if this movie happens.

Don't like it either.

The joy of the Evil Dead films (ED2 and AoD, in any case) is seeing Ash bluster with his overly developed sense of machismo or scream like a little girl before *and* after getting the bitch-slapping of a lifetime. And he almost ALWAYS brings it all on himself.

I like Ash too, but you're giving him WAAAYYYYYY too much credit at the expense of the other characters. Both the Jason & Freddy camps would - quite rightfully - hate it, as they put up almost as much resistance here as one of the friggin' prop skeletons of part three.

Guest JMA

In any case, I believe the Necronomicon would be the ideal way to link the three respective characters. There are still many questions to address, though. The next writer, for instance, will have to figure a way out of the "Freddy is just a head" situation. BTW, Kagato, love the Excel avatar. :)

The next writer, for instance, will have to figure a way out of the "Freddy is just a head" situation.

What's so difficult about that? Freddy's been killed outside the dream world before, he just returns to it.

Guest JMA
What's so difficult about that? Freddy's been killed outside the dream world before, he just returns to it.

Yes, but in a lot of those movies there was little or no explanation given. I think the fans of today are more sophisticated and will expect more. And I realize saying slasher fans have become more sophisticated is kinda weird. But I feel it's true.

There has also been speculation that the final scene in F vs. J was actually a dream (Jason's dream). I don't know if I agree with this or not, but it is a possibility.

Guest El Satanico

It'll be like the giant and the midget from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.

Jason = brawn

Freddy's head = brains