TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

Test is Next De Niro!

Guest Choken One

Share your thoughts about the swank "Injury" sell from Test...

It's the one time only he gets ANY love from TSM

It was actually decent until it became obvious that they were doing an angle... but that was production's fault and not his.

Guest DeputyHawk

didn't he actually legit want to get into acting a while back, but was laughed out of the locker room cause he's considered one of the worst actors on the roster?

that and he had his droopy man boobs operated on, same as the rock.

I was out of the room when he went down, and when I came back in I saw that he was down. He did had me going for a minute, but the commentary gave the angle away. Still, I think he did a good job.

Initially I figured it was a work but they had me going for a minute or two - at least until Steiner and Stacy were standing on the ring apron and you could see the swerve coming a mile away.

Guest Fook

At first glance I figured it a work, but then the ref gave the dreaded X sign.

But the fact that Steiner obviously moved himself into position while Test was being carried out gave it away.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Yeah, the X thing had me totally fooled. And yeah, Test actually acted this really well.

Test was the highlight of RAW for me. And the lapdance thing was the perfect way to get this angle over. Amazingly, I have a feeling this well actually get Test over.

The X made it. Question: what would they have used if he DID get injured legit? Because the X would thus be cancelled out by being part of the work. Double X? Triple X?

Yes...that last choice works.

If Test was legit injured...Elix Skipper, Christopher Daniels, and Lo Ki would have come out to help him out.

Guest Fook
Well until tonight X meant legit. Maybe they'll find a new code now.

I suggest the refs start patting themselves on the head and rubbing their stomachs at the same time.

If nothing else, it'll be a great visual.

Guest Coffey

I was fooled by it for a couple of reasons. The already mentioned "X" sign by the referee. I didn't think that the WWE would use that as part of a swerve. Obviously that one had to have been thrown into the mix just to get to the smarks.

Secondly, when Test went down Stacy jumped up on the apron and Scott Steiner ran over to her like he was telling her that "this isn't part of the match." Stacy looked legit concerned, which I took seriously since she is dating Test in real life. I even thought that Steiner said something like "I don't know, he went down." I guess I was just gullible here.

Finally, when the trainers came down to check him out, one of them had on a Smackdown shirt. I didn't think that Smackdown shirts would be worn on Raw TV, so this one button hooked me too.

You have to give credit to Test as well. It looked like his leg buckled when he went for the "Dos.Boot" and he went down hard. Him trying to get back up made me think that he didn't realize how badly he was hurt. When he called the referee over and whispered into the ref's ear, I was like "OK, he's not getting up."

I got super swerved.

Guest Coffey

I actually saw that one coming because I recognized Rob Conway. I knew that they wouldn't use him if he was just going to wave a flag.

Both were predictable.

The Test thing was obvious for various reasons. 1) They gave it way too much time - normally a wrestler would either roll out of the ring or they'd cut to a commercial, especially with heels. 2)They focused on Stacy way too much. 3)The 'X' was in plain view, they tend to "hide" it. But I do applaud them for setting up a 'subtle' injury; the HHH quad tear showed everyone how easy it is to get injured in the ring... it's just a damn shame they didn't carry the injury all the way through, rather than showing Test was ok and was faking it... boy who cried wolf...

The French thing was obvious cause Conway LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE LA REZ! I was hoping for a "Oh Mah Gawd he turned FRENCH!" from JR.

Guest Coffey

Off-Topic

RRR, did you watch the last K-1 PPV? I actually liked it, which is more than I can say for the last Pride PPV that I watched.

I had no idea going into the PPV that Bob Sapp's opponent was going to be Kimo.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

yeah, the Test thing never had a chance because we all know if someone got hurt they would end the match immediatly and cut away in like 4 seconds. Plus they made JR go to the dreaded "serious" voice.

The EEEEEEEVIL military guy was hilarious. I was hoping they would do it but I didn't actually think they'd do it, so I count that as swervege.

Guest thetrendsetter
The X made it. Question: what would they have used if he DID get injured legit? Because the X would thus be cancelled out by being part of the work. Double X? Triple X?

Yes...that last choice works.

If Test was legit injured...Elix Skipper, Christopher Daniels, and Lo Ki would have come out to help him out.

Then Low-Ki could have entertained the crowd by Biting the ref's ass like the midget he is ...

Poor Low Ki... :(

LOL

:bonk:

I think everybody's explanations swerved me more than when I watched it. And I think the reason I was not swerved at all, was that I think I just forced myself to believe it was an injury angle. Plus it was cut and paste from the one they did on Velocity. (Was that a Rob Conway match?)

The Test angle fooled me. The moment Conway was called into the ring and I really noticed his build I knew he'd have to be a wrestler, and I figured he'd be attacking the Dudz in short order.

The Test angle heightened my suspicions for the rest of the night.

The K-1 PPV wasn't shown up here in Canada. But I wouldn't have gotten it anyways, I need takedowns and submissions in my fighting - though I heard it was a good PPV.

What was the last Pride show you got? Cause the last one (Total Elimination) was awesome.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

I really want to see what AngleSault has to say about this dreaded Test praise.

Guest Ray
I really want to see what AngleSault has to say about this dreaded Test praise.

Maybe he fell over and died when he saw our praise for the Test/Val match from heat. ;)

And yes, I was fooled for a moment by this injury angle.

Taking too much time hurt the believability though.