TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JericholicEdgeHead

Does anyone else think...

The reason we aren't getting as much HHH is because the guy is perpetually injured. We can however be counted on to see at least one Evolution promo (mostly done by Flair), and then HHH gets on the mike for the Randy Orton match. Despite the fact that it's Randy Frickin' Orton he's trying to sell, he doesn't do a half bad job.

Actually, HHH should be used as a heel commentator. Replace Lawler.

Then again, a box of Bran Flakes would make a better heel commentator than Lawler.

Guest Dynamite Kido
That's not even the tip of the iceberg, in my opinion.

- Do a complete overhaul of the RAW set and its whole presentation. It's just so old and stale and reeks of the attitude era. Those crystal things are just ugly. They need a new set, new music, new logos. A complete revamp. Strangely enough they did that on Smackdown. Oh yeah, and new commentators of course.

- Re-introduce stuff like a ranking system with no.1 contenders for the titles. It doesn't have to be strict, but at least provide a loose overview of where everybody stands at the moment.

- Following on my last point, start treating the programming as more of a sports show than a soap opera. The storylines have to be there of course, and I don't have anything against some skits. But the storylines have to be more competition-oriented. Not so much 'He drugged my wife' 'He stole my commercial spot' 'he wanted to set me on fire' or 'They're French and gay' stuff. What's wrong with feuds about 'He cost me my title shot and now I want to kick his ass' or 'It's my life-long dream to become WWE champion and nobody will stand in my way'?

- Eliminate the RAW tag titles, nobody cares and they serve no purpose. Try to create a competitive IC division instead. Ship the Dudleys to Smackdown as heels and send La Resistance to OVW. There, I just made room for 10-15 extra minutes on RAW every week that they could use for something interesting.

This is EXACTLY what they need. You totally hit the nail on the head with this one.

The right people being pushed is not an excuse, as you've got Angle, Brock, and Guerrero getting the lion's share of the airtime on Smackdown and its still nowhere near as good as a typical show from '99.

Smackdown is much better than WWF 1999. 1999 was the worst year in the history of the company as far as I'm concerned. It only looks good because WCW 1999 was even worse.

Other than my hate for HHH, my main annoyance is not necessarily that Vince is on the shows, but that he portrays himself as physically imposing to the other wrestlers. How DUMB is that?!? If Vince would act terrified of his wrestlers (Ok, he doesn't have to shit himself if Spanky gets wordy with him), I wouldn't mind him so much. He gets in his employees' faces and constantly puts himself over on sheer brute, despite the fact that he moves around like a 57 year old man (Oh wait, he is a 57 year old man). I don't mind him being partnered with Brock as long as Brock does ALL the work, and McMahon just plays traffic cop. Bah, I'm done now.

Other than my hate for HHH, my main annoyance is not necessarily that Vince is on the shows, but that he portrays himself as physically imposing to the other wrestlers. How DUMB is that?!? If Vince would act terrified of his wrestlers (Ok, he doesn't have to shit himself if Spanky gets wordy with him), I wouldn't mind him so much. He gets in his employees' faces and constantly puts himself over on sheer brute, despite the fact that he moves around like a 57 year old man (Oh wait, he is a 57 year old man). I don't mind him being partnered with Brock as long as Brock does ALL the work, and McMahon just plays traffic cop. Bah, I'm done now.

Only the great Stone Cold can intimidate Vince. And nowadays, he isn't a wrestler either. Whatever