TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

holy crap! (specific storyline spoiler)

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Bischoff attacked JR in Oklahoma, I defended him. Then the next week I had a tag match against Booker T and D-Von, with Lawler as my partner. The next week I finally got my first ever win over Booker T(in four attempts) and Bischoff came down to fire me. Right before he did though, Vince's music hit and he signed a match between myself and Bischoff for Bad Blood, in a cage!

I dunno if this is really fucking cool or really fucking lame, but I'm still marking out. I get to beat up Bischoff, wee!

I call that spoiler great. Sorry, but that personally, would make me feel happy/lame as well. However, take that in stride. You get to have fun.

Guest Memphis
Has anyone bought anything from ShopZone?

I haven't bought anything yet, but I think I will right now. I've been holding off so I could save up enough to buy the Old School Undertaker.

He costs SD$35000, and I now have SD$38600 to spend.

Oh what the hell, I HAVE to unlock him right here and now, heh.

Here goes nothing!

ABORT!

Get the "Superfly" instead!

It's too late, I just unlocked the OS Taker.

I'm about to have my first match as him. :D

Can't argue that logic.

Who WOULDN'T want to be Old School Taker?

M

I have no idea what to say about the two matches I just had as the OS Taker.

Let's just say I was marking out just about the entire time.

I'll give details I suppose if you ask.

*MARKS OUT*

Does he stalk his opponent around the ring while walking? Do his finishing moves (such as the chokeslame etc.) differ from the UnderBiker?

Thanks DH. I *hate* people like me who are too impatient to wait ONE WEEK till they get to find all the answers out for themselves.

I also say someone buy fucking IBM a PS2 & HCTP game for looking after this thread so well.

UYI

*MARKS OUT*

Does he stalk his opponent around the ring while walking? Do his finishing moves (such as the chokeslame etc.) differ from the UnderBiker?

Thanks DH. I *hate* people like me who are too impatient to wait ONE WEEK till they get to find all the answers out for themselves.

I also say someone buy fucking IBM a PS2 & HCTP game for looking after this thread so well.

UYI

From the video's I've seen, he moves totally differently from Underbiker. When he chokeslams someone, he really raises them high into the air with one arm and just throws them down, like he has superhuman strength.

I'm looking forward to Rowdy Roddy Piper myself. :)

Sounds wicked.

Unfortunately, this game must be too good for its own..uh..good. There's kids at the GameFAq's board asking for advice as to whether they should DROP COLLEGE CLASSES to make time to play the game.

Sad AND counterproductive.

I'm not back at University for a couple of weeks yet, so I'll have plenty of time to play the game.

No question, the first thing I unlock is Old School Taker, he just sounds way too awesome to pass up.

UYI

I don't know, I'm not that interested in the legends. The new characters I'm looking forward to the most are TWGTT and Goldberg. Benjamin and Haas are two of my favourites right now, and Goldberg looks like a blast to play in the videos.

I'm also guessing that Downhome plays his season with Goldberg. If I remember correctly he was one of the biggest defenders of his signing a few months ago.

I entered GameFAQ hell and found this:

All Unlockable Movesets

Feel free to argue about how accurate this list is. I feel it's pretty damn good.

1 William Regal

2 Al Snow

3 Spike Dudley

4 Bradshaw

5 Farooq

6 Billy Gun

7 Chuck Palumbo

8 Billy Kidman

9 Scotty 2 Hotty

10 Tazz

11 Bob Holly

12 Jaimie Noble

13 Rosey or Jamal

14 Tommy Dreamer

15 Bill DeMott

16 Sho Funaki

17 Crash Holly

18 Jeff Hardy

19 Raven

20 X Pac

21 DDP

22 D Lo Brown

23 Justin Credible

24 Godfather

25 Steve Blackman

26 Shane McMahon

27 Big Bossman

28 Perry Saturn

29 Mike Awesome

30 Dean Malenko

31 Mister Perfect

32 Mick Foley

33 Brett Hart

34 Andre the Giant

35 Bob Backlund

36 Essa Rios

37 Road Dogg

38 Terry Funk

39 Razor Ramon

40 Sting

41 Ken Shamrock

42 Jeff Jarrett

43 TAKA Michinoku

44 Kensuke Sasake

45 Keiji Mutoh

46 Masa Chono

47 Hiroyoshi Tenzan

48 Manabu Nakanishi

49 Yugi Nagata

50 Jushin Lyger

51 Kendo Kashin

52 Toshiaki Kawada

53 Genichiro Tenryu

54 Vader

55 MitsuharuMisawa

56 Kenta Kobashi

57 Jun Akiyama

58 Antonio Inoki

59 Naoya Ogawa

60 Shinya Hashimoto

61 The Great Sasuke

62 Atsushi Onita

63 Ivory

64 Fred Durst

65 Shoot Set 1

66 Shoot Set 2

67 Joshi Set A

68 Joshi Set B

69 Lucha Set

70 Hulk Hogan

71 Ultimate Warrior

I'm also guessing that Downhome plays his season with Goldberg. If I remember correctly he was one of the biggest defenders of his signing a few months ago.

But of COURSE! ;)

He's 100% Grad A badass by the way, he simply owns.

Yes, but DH can make ANYTHING McMahon does sound moderately appealing.

That's skill.

UYI

Bows.

Okay, is there something in this game I'm missing? I'm RVD going against the Big Show. Literally, I did dozens of moves to him and his chest region is only in the yellow, and my Smackdown meter is only filled half-way. He does about 5 moves, has my chest in orange, and fills up the meter already. Is this game SUPPOSED to be ridiculously impossible when it comes to that, or is there some alternate strategy with RVD that I haven't picked up yet?

I mean, if this is how the season goes when you pick one of the smaller guys, fuck that. Using Goldberg and Brock and all is fun, but once you try to pick a smaller guy, the game just turns into non-stop frustration.

True, but I don't think that's possible to do in the season, is it? And I assume things would be the same way? And that doesn't solve the whole chest-color thing....not to mention, if my meter goes up faster, his will go up EVEN faster. Turning up the meter in exhibition matches doesn't seem to solve much.

It wouldn't solve much in season in regards to the body damage, but that isn't all that bad. The RVD character is just weaker than someone like, say, Kane. In the season, as you progress, you can make your character stronger, so eventually it wont be so bad.

Even if his goes up that much more faster, at least you could get finishers quick also to use on him, so at least you'd have that.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Goldberg wants to break up our tag team. You know why?

Because he always has to do the paperwork for the rent-a-cars!

And Jericho also eats all the pizza!

Who wrote this shit?

Okay, is there something in this game I'm missing? I'm RVD going against the Big Show. Literally, I did dozens of moves to him and his chest region is only in the yellow, and my Smackdown meter is only filled half-way. He does about 5 moves, has my chest in orange, and fills up the meter already. Is this game SUPPOSED to be ridiculously impossible when it comes to that, or is there some alternate strategy with RVD that I haven't picked up yet?

I mean, if this is how the season goes when you pick one of the smaller guys, fuck that. Using Goldberg and Brock and all is fun, but once you try to pick a smaller guy, the game just turns into non-stop frustration.

You think you got it bad? I'm using Flair in season mode.

I fought Taker and in 5 minutes he had 4 specials and my whole body was redf. I didn't get ONE special and his chest was only yellow.

Taker's fucking unstoppable in this game.

Wooooooooooo, I just won a handicap match against Orton and Batista.

That was great.

:rolleyes:

Well, obviously. You're using the easiest one in the game ;)

I went backstage to some place, I forget where, and Taker was back there. He asked what I wanted and that I better not take long to answer, or something. I picked the choice to slap him, and I did right across the face.

He looked like he was going to kick my ass, but then said he respected me for my guts. He told me to do it again, just so he could make sure he saw and felt what he THOUGHT he saw and felt. I then picked the choice to slap him again.

I thought for SURE he'd block it and kick my ass, but instead I just beat the shit out of him and then walked away, leaving him on the floor all balled up.

I haven't seen him ONCE since then. :D

Wooooooooooo, I just won a handicap match against Orton and Batista.

That was great.

:rolleyes:

Well, obviously. You're using the easiest one in the game ;)

I wouldn't say that, even if it's true.

I've already lost a few matches myself, some where my ass was just DESTROYED.

I went backstage to some place, I forget where, and Taker was back there. He asked what I wanted and that I better not take long to answer, or something. I picked the choice to slap him, and I did right across the face.

He looked like he was going to kick my ass, but then said he respected me for my guts. He told me to do it again, just so he could make sure he saw and felt what he THOUGHT he saw and felt. I then picked the choice to slap him again.

I thought for SURE he'd block it and kick my ass, but instead I just beat the shit out of him and then walked away, leaving him on the floor all balled up.

Are we playing the same game? Taker's unbeatable on mine.

Are we playing the same game? Taker's unbeatable on mine.

I haven't wrestled him yet, that was just one of those backstage things.

I laughed my ass off at it though, I couldn't believe it.

That pussy.