TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

I'd rather have the legends for one reason and one reason alone. Well, other than they are legends.

You can pretty much make the current WWE guys that were left out, like the FBI, etc... On the other hand, it might be a bit harder to make good creations of the legends that are in this game.

I think in the future they should let the fans vote on what legends they want in the game. Seriously, who would have voted for Hillbilly Jim, Nikolai Volkoff or The Iron Shiek?

Well, Looking on the bright side at least I can reunite the SummerSlam 91 Dream Team of the Iraqi turncoat Sgt. Slaughter and The Iron Sheik.

I think in the future they should let the fans vote on what legends they want in the game. Seriously, who would have voted for Hillbilly Jim, Nikolai Volkoff or The Iron Shiek?

*raises hand*

I mean, have they ever been in a video game before? I just think it's cool as hell, and I can't wait to kick ass with the country boy. :D

I just wish that the legends had their own original entrances, that's my only issue right now. I wanted to see Hillbilly Jim come down to the ring with a pig damnit!

DH: Sorry, don't agree. Unless the wrestlers are completely lazy and fat slobs (Big Show and No Mercy for instance) or have been gone for a while and have done nothing of importance (Lita), then I feel they should deserve some sort of benefit and recognition, such as being in a game.

Even if someone may not like them, concerning say Kidman, Spanky, Nunzio, Jamie Noble or Funaki... it's inexcusable not sticking them in there, somewhere. Considering they've certainly been there long enough.

Other than the fact that I think WWE is trying to hop on the bandwagon and undercut the competition (Legends of Wrestling series), it isn't completely necessary to have these guys on there. Sure, it's nice and all, but like I said... I'd rather have the people who are currently involved, actually in the now.

On the creation issue, I don't find that it's that hard creating others. Sure, it's time consuming, but put in that time and you can get wrestlers perfect considering how robust the CAW is nowdays. And if they can put stock parts as options for existing MIAs, why can they not in parts for legends if they want? It'd be much easier, and current guys wouldn't get the shaft as much.

Psycho: You have a point. If not the FULL rosters, let people vote on who they want as legends. Fucking Hillbilly Jim is a complete waste, and is likely on there just because of Vince's hillbilly fetish.

Edited by KingOfOldSchool

*raises hand*

I mean, have they ever been in a video game before? I just think it's cool as hell, and I can't wait to kick ass with the country boy. :D

I just wish that the legends had their own original entrances, that's my only issue right now. I wanted to see Hillbilly Jim come down to the ring with a pig damnit!

Yeah but if you were given a choice between them and say Bret Hart, Rick Rude, Yokozuna, Junkyard Dog, Owen Hart, British Bulldogs, Jake Roberts, Earthquake, Demolition, Mr. Perfect.. heck the entire WRESTLE FEST arcade game roster.. I doubt Ol' Hillbilly would get that many votes.

I could list wrestlers all night that I'd prefer to be in the legends spot of good ol' Jim. I'm just pleased that we are getting legends period.

This is just the begining, I'm sure the next game will improve on this aspect. Just give them time, this is something totally new for them.

Thanks@KingofOldSchool for posting the IGN Preview. The only thing that disappoints me is that you can't edit wrestler's appearances. The updated Season mode should be really cool.

IGN Wrestler of the Day - Edge

Entrance

Painful beginning

Great match

Finished?

It's finally over.

smackdownhctp_edge_090403_03.jpg

smackdownhctp_edge_090403_12.jpg

smackdownhctp_edge_090403_10.jpg

Edited by Insane Bump Machine

Does anyone else think edge looks really stupid when he first comes out in his enterance, and is jogging on the spot?

Does anyone else think edge looks really stupid when he first comes out in his enterance, and is jogging on the spot?

Yes, he does.

But the new Kurt Angle model and outfit is awesome. I loved to play as Angle in SYM but he just looked awful. Finally he looks realistic and badass.

Who will be next on the IGN wrestler of the day thingy?

Edit: Just went back to the list of confirmed characters on the page before and apparently it should be Eric Bischoff, oh goody.

*raises hand*

Well Volkoff and Sheik have been in both of the LOW games so far...

*raises hand*

I was mainly talking about the others, as for those two.

How about a really good game. :P

I was mainly talking about the others, as for those two.

How about a really good game. :P

Touche.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

I've finally found out how to download the videos, without getting kicked offline every time I try! Yes! Hopefully, it works!

Guest Trivia247

hopefully they will fix those glitches that make the computer not want to tag out to the third guy in a 6 man tag...

or have it got back to 8 wrestlers max instead of 6 so I can have a Survivor Series match again heh.

plus that crap with some of the moves not doing damage...

or some not even showing up on the Finisher's list..

how am I suppose to make samoans or Tatanka without a Samoan Drop???

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Actually, I found out I couldn't get those videos to work. Nevertheless, is it true that you can leave the ring in the Royal Rumble match?

Guest JumpinJackFlash

You know what was funny about Special Ref matches? IN season mode, Vince will make himself the special ref to tick me off, but every time I beat my opponent up, and I cover him. Vince counts real slowly, but counts to 3! It took forever, but for some reason he didn't stop counting. I thought he wanted to piss me off! :bonk:

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
You know what was funny about Special Ref matches? IN season mode, Vince will make himself the special ref to tick me off, but every time I beat my opponent up, and I cover him. Vince counts real slowly, but counts to 3! It took forever, but for some reason he didn't stop counting. I thought he wanted to piss me off! :bonk:

If they never counted 3... how would you ever win?

I always interpreted it as disgust on the biased ref's part that even his interference couldn't save the guy... so why bother?

I like that third pic of him, it looks just like him.

His enterance is quite cool, his video and proper music better be in the final edition though.

To sum up what I thought of the post KingOfOldSchool pasted (page 4..).

The roster is up to date...more or less. That list is missing Molly Holly, the FBI of course, Jamie Noble, Kidman, Tommy Dreamer, La Res (they suck, and I won't miss them, but they're the tag champions on Raw for cryin' out loud), probably Moore.

And can Funaki ever get a break? His only real appearance in a WWF/E game was as an alternate costume for Taka in No Mercy. :P At least Ultimo made it.

Yet Lita, Rikishi and Batista and plenty of useless guys and gals are in. Fuck that.

You still can't edit appearances and stuff like that.

No mention of the CAW password feature...

No Create a PPV or Create a Belt...

The legends mostly suck...

Female characters can't bleed...

And I'm not buying this game until I see it used up EB for about 15 bucks. Glad to hear we still get Randy Orton and Bra and Panties matches and FUCKING JR AND KING AS CHARACTERS IN SEASON MODE!! FUCK YUKES!

Edited by AndrewTS

Female characters can't bleed...

I'm confident that this feature will never be implemented into a WWE-associated game.

And with good reason.

No mention of the CAW password feature...

Do you mean a feature where HTCP users around the country can share their CAW's?

Is there a true reason why Yukes can't implement this feature into the game?

To be honest, I don't see the point. Apart from a changing of a shirt, or so some 12 year old HHHater can make him 500 pounds and start laughing 'LMAO HHH is fivehundreds poundz omgdz he so fat cos he sux lmao!!!1!!'.

And no doubt someone will get offended if they see a women bleeding in the game.

To be honest, I don't see the point. Apart from a changing of a shirt, or so some 12 year old HHHater can make him 500 pounds and start laughing 'LMAO HHH is fivehundreds poundz omgdz he so fat cos he sux lmao!!!1!!'.

If a wrestler changes his gimmick and look (ie Mattitude, Christian, WGTT etc), you can't change it in the game. You're stuck with the same look for a whole year. Matt Hardy V1 is one of my favourite wrestlers at the moment, but when I'm playing SYM I'm still stuck with the Hardy Boy gimmick.

If a wrestler changes his gimmick and look (ie Mattitude, Christian, WGTT etc), you can't change it in the game. You're stuck with the same look for a whole year. Matt Hardy V1 is one of my favourite wrestlers at the moment, but when I'm playing SYM I'm still stuck with the Hardy Boy gimmick.

Ok...that's one reason. Just forget what I said before then :P

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
And can Funaki ever get a break? His only real appearance in a WWF/E game was as an alternate costume for Taka in No Mercy. :P At least Ultimo made it.

Reason #2,750 Why I Loved SmackDown 2: FUNAKI WAS IN IT!

The reason they don't put in an Edit-a-Wrestler mode is that they don't want people changing the gimmicks of the characters, pretty much for the exact reason you'd want to.

A guy changes his gimmick and suddenly his look is completely different from what's on the game. Do you get to change it? Sure, you'd LIKE to, but no, that's not an option. If you want the new and improved version of your guy, you have to buy the next game.

Follow the money.