TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

Titans: 03-04 Super Bowl Champs

Guest Lethargic

I thought the Titans had a shot until Salisbury picked them. I swear he's got to be the stupidest "expert" ESPN ever hired.

I think the running back stuff is a little off. Eddie George was injured last season, that's why he wasn't his normal self. From all indications he's back to 100% this year. Comella got hurt last year as well. You got those two plus Holcombe, Hicks and most likely Simon as well. I'd say running back is one of their deepest and best positions. Even if George isn't the back he was, he's still good and when he's not on top of his game, one of those other guys can step in.

Their main problem this year is the same as last year, their secondary. It seems like the past couple of years they've been snakebit at that position. They keep trying to draft players to fill that hole and then they get hurt before the season even begins.

doesn't anyone think that the Seahawks are a legitimate contender...

Only when they start winning...

That pretty much says it all.

The way I see it is, the Seahawks are NOTHING until they actually prove they are worth all of this hype.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I think George has reached that point in his career where he is playing hurt just to get out of bed.

And for reasons beyond my understanding they cut Hicks. They must want Simon to be the main backup already.

Guest Lethargic
And for reasons beyond my understanding they cut Hicks. They must want Simon to be the main backup already.

Where did you see this? I've looked up the cuts and Hicks isn't listed. I've looked it up in our local Nashville papers and they haven't reported. The Titan's website isn't reporting that. The local sports talk hasn't reported it. ESPN hasn't reported it.

Either way, Simon isn't the main backup. Either Simon or Hicks will be third. Holcombe is #2.

Where did you see this? I've looked up the cuts and Hicks isn't listed. I've looked it up in our local Nashville papers and they haven't reported. The Titan's website isn't reporting that. The local sports talk hasn't reported it. ESPN hasn't reported it.

Hicks was cut a long time ago. IIRC, he was cut last year.

Carolina signed him.

Guest Lethargic

That's a different Hicks. That was Skip Hicks. I'm talking about Dwone Hicks.

oooooooooh.

now that I think of it, the Titans weren't the team that cut Hicks, he was somewhere else this year.

<-- dumb

Fun fact: The Titans cut Godfrey to get money to sign O'Donnell and the center, then cut them both.

I still think the Titans will be good, I just get perverse pleasure out of mocking people's judgement.

wow.....I cannot believe they cut O' Donnell again,John Simon, and very good blocking fullback Greg Comella(who they just gave a 1.25 million dollar signing bonus)just last night! oh well, It really doesn't effect their chances as Hicks(Dwone, not Skip) is a good fullback, and Billy Volek has really come into a rhythym in the preseason at backup quarterback.