TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

State Fair

The Minnesota State Fair is going on right know. It's a big deal up here. I believe it's the 2nd largest next to Texas. What is the State Fair like where you're from?

Guest Choken One

I went once...Ohio State Fair...

Good Food and umm....yeah that's it.

Hey Vern, another Minnesotian in the house! I'll be heading there on tuesday myself. It's kinda wierd though that I haven't heard of any new type of food on a stick this year. On a kinda related note do you ever hit the ren fest?

Guest Choken One

Cheese on a Stick is my new favorite thing they had at a local fair...only they sold like 6 different types of cheese...

Mozzerella, Pepperjack, Provolone and some other weird shit...

The last new things I can remember at the Minnesota State fair are deep fried Twinkies and deep fried candy bars. And we wonder why this country has a weight problem...

Guest Choken One

God Damn...

Fucking Corn Dogs started all this shit...DEEP FRIED TWINKIES?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Indiana's is primarily farm auction, from what I remember.

I went Sunday. It was crowded and too damn hot. The food wasn't has great as I remember it. I hadn't been there in like 5 years. Everything is pretty much the same.

Most of the food is so disgusting. Deep fried Twinkies. That's gross.

New this year is Key Lime Pie dipped in Chocolate on a stick. Something to do with Oreos (probably deep fried) is also new.

Eh, Maryland's is pretty pedestrian.

Ren Faire > State Fair

I've never been to the Maryland State Fair..

I have however been to the delaware State fair. Its fun cause you can do all the fun things in the day and then you can play the Slot Machines at night. I came home with more money than I had at the start of the day (I won about $100 playing 1 machine with about $10 worth of credits)..

I do remember getting dooped into seeing the half woman, half aligator when I was a kid (I think they have different wierd crap now. Basically it was a fake alligator and a woman standing there with a mirror seperating the two so it looked like what it said it was supposed to be.

The Maine state fair is like all the other county fairs and it's in a different part of the state as mine. In fact the biggest "attractions" last year were Billy Ray Cyrus and a "legends" of wrestling show main evented by King Kong Bundy Vs Jim Duggan. Talk about redneck heaven.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Corndogs are tasty, too.

I've never even seen this fried candy business.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Prithee, knave, take thy threats and boasting to the charnelhouse whilst mi'lady and I partake of this Elephant Ear and Nachos.

Guest wwF1587

i only go to fairs for the food.. im one of those people that can eat anything, anytime, all the time and not gain an inch... deep fried candy bars and oreos are great... deep fried twinkies suck though... pretty much anything you can think of can be deep fried and put on a stick

NERD~!

Quiet, you, or I'll toss an axe at your skull, and celebrate my kill with a pint of mead and some MEAT ON A STICK~!

Sounds like the Renaissance Festival. Is jousting involved?

Guest stardust

Ours has one of the biggest, most important college football games of the year--Texas and A&M. Well, it's one of the most important games here in Texas, at least...

Guest El Satanico

deep fried candy bars were good shit, but the deep fried twinkies weren't so good. I dislike twinkies to begin with, so no surprise.

Anyone else have those mini doughnuts at their fair? Those things are great.

Elephant Ears suck...it's all about Funnel Cakes.

Ours has one of the biggest, most important college football games of the year--Texas and A&M. Well, it's one of the most important games here in Texas, at least...

Wrong. It's the Texas/Oklahoma game.

Texas/A&M isn't until Thanksgiving, long after the fair has packed up and gone. And Texas/A&M plays a home-and-home series; Texas/OU is always at the Cotton Bowl.

Just FYI...

Guest stardust

Oops. I got my football games confused (and it's not because I'm a girl...I know my football). So sorry about that. But it's still one of the biggest games of the year, nonetheless.

On a side note, we're playing OU this Saturday.