TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ManKinnd

Summerslam 03 Match Qualities

Guest Choken One
pardon my ignorance but what exatly is a thrift store?

A second hand store for clothing and other items

Sure, Benoit is good. Great even. But you make everything that he does out to be a **** match and above. You blindly say anything Benoit did with any worker is instantly greater than Angle's (or anyone) programs with them, regardless of how good the matches actually were. Benoit could piss in your face for the duration of a match and you'd say it was *****+.

Just saying, he's not "god" as you say in your custom title. I'm certainly not saying Angle is better either, so don't skew it that way. I just can't stand this blind hero worship crap.

Guest ManKinnd
Yeah, you know, kind of like what you do with Benoit, Ray.  You make me start to hate him too, with your blind praise of everything he does. ;)

Blind praise?

What the shit?! :huh:

Guess what.....unlike Angle, Benoit actually IS that good.

I've seen a lot of Benoit matches....he deserves every bit of praise he gets.

If you can tell me how Benoit ISN'T that good, you get a cookie.

Now THIS is quite the argument. I believe I've seen all your arguments against Angle love, and they are little more than "He isn't that good." Minimal explanation, arguments, points, proof, anything. You don't agree with his praise, fine. But when your proof is "He didn't carry this guy, so there" nothing is going to come of it. Now someone says you praise Benoit unneccesarily, and your proof is "He is that good." Are you serious? That's it? You're just going to say he deserves the praise and leave it at that? Please give evidence to everything you say, because one opinion cannot dispute another well at all.

Guest Ray
But you make everything that he does out to be a **** match and above.

Excuse me, when did I say that?

His KOTR 2000 match with Rikishi certainly wasn't ****. His Backlash and Judgment Day 2001 matches weren't ****.

You blindly say anything Benoit did with any worker is instantly greater than Angle's (or anyone) programs with them, regardless of how good the matches actually were.

Blindly? Give that shit a rest.

Watch the matches. Was Angle/HHH at Unforgiven better than Benoit/HHH at No Mercy?

When did I say Benoit had better matches with any wrestler? Don't put words in my mouth.

Bret Hart had a better match with Austin than Benoit did. Bret Hart had a better match with Owen Hart than Benoit did.

Benoit could piss in your face for the duration of a match and you'd say it was *****+.

Yeah, and Angle could take a dump in the ring and you would give it ****.

Just saying, he's not "god" as you say in your custom title.

Yeah, he is actually. There's only a handful of wrestlers I have seen who are better.

I just can't stand this blind hero worship crap.

Well that's funny since I'm not doing that.

Do me a favor and stop making up bullshit about me.

believe I've seen all your arguments against Angle love, and they are little more than "He isn't that good." Minimal explanation, arguments, points, proof, anything.

I explain and no one listens.

Angle isn't a good seller. Angle frequently turns into a spotfest. Angle doesn't carry bad workers to great matches.

You don't agree with his praise, fine. But when your proof is "He didn't carry this guy, so there" nothing is going to come of it. Now someone says you praise Benoit unneccesarily, and your proof is "He is that good." Are you serious? That's it? You're just going to say he deserves the praise and leave it at that? Please give evidence to everything you say, because one opinion cannot dispute another well at all

The evididence would be the matches. I don't see how anyone could watch Angle's work and tell me it's better than Benoit's.

Benoit is a smarter worker. Benoit understands pacing and build better. Benoit is a better seller. Benoit is more versatile. Benoit mastered many different styles in many promotions. Benoit is more intense in the ring.

As someone else said, Benoit had a MOTYC in 1993 and another in 2003, a decade apart, in completely different styles, both times with an inferior (not bad) opponent. How is that not proof of his greatness?

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Benoit taking a piss = greater than Angle taking a shit.

Someone who said Bre thad better matches with Owen than Benoit might be right but come on, they were BROTHERS trained side by side kinda. BUT, Benoit/Owen had some awesome matches in Japan.

I'm shocked no one said Angle carried Big Slow to a good match at Armageddon, considering Show sucks when there isn't 5-6 people hiding is weaknesses.

Guest Ray
Someone who said Bre thad better matches with Owen than Benoit might be right but come on, they were BROTHERS trained side by side kinda. BUT, Benoit/Owen had some awesome matches in Japan

I know I was just using that as an example. :D

Guest Ray
Oh Ok. (Continues to watch my best of Benoit tape)

Does it have the 11 minute Benoit/Owen match taped on a handheld from 1991 where Owen wins with a bridging pin?

That match so rules. :)

I'm not interested in continuing this flame war, Ray, but this is the post that prompted my above response. This is what I was going by when I made the statements above.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...1&t=39408&st=30

It can be solved....by watching his matches.

A quick way is to compare their matches with the same opponents:

Benoit/Austin > Angle/Austin

Benoit/Rock > Angle/Rock

Benoit/HHH > Angle/HHH

Benoit/Guerrero > Angle/Guerrero

Benoit/Jericho > Angle/Jericho

Benoit/Big Show > Angle/Big Show

But like I said, I don't want to flame this thread anymore, so let's just let bygones be bygones. :)

Guest Ray
I'm not interested in continuing this flame war, Ray, but this is the post that prompted my above response. This is what I was going by when I made the statements above.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...1&t=39408&st=30

It can be solved....by watching his matches.

A quick way is to compare their matches with the same opponents:

Benoit/Austin > Angle/Austin

Benoit/Rock > Angle/Rock

Benoit/HHH > Angle/HHH

Benoit/Guerrero > Angle/Guerrero

Benoit/Jericho > Angle/Jericho

Benoit/Big Show > Angle/Big Show

I stand by my posistion that those particular matches are better.

Although Angle did have a better match with Edge than Benoit did.

But like I said, I don't want to flame this thread anymore, so let's just let bygones be bygones. :)

I have no problem with that. :wub:

Guest Mulatto Heat

Geez, even SK and DAVID MELTZER (two of Angle's biggest cheerleaders) stated that the WWE Title match from last night was below their Mania match, which had one of the competitors at half-strength and the other not knowing where he was at the end. So how could it be **** or above?

<- Still not convinced that the pairing deserves quite the hype it gets on my computer screen or on my television. And it has absolutely nothing to do with Chris Benoit.

Guest ManKinnd

Ray, Ray, Ray. This argument of yours still lacks evidence. Stating that Benoit is the better seller and Angle turns things to spotfests is not proof. It's just you saying something. Proof would be, for example, this:

Benoit had his arm worked on for about 5 minutes versus wrestlerX. After this he tried to do a bodyslam but failed. He couldn't cover after the headbutt because he hurt his arm again doing it.

Angle wrestled wrestlerX and wrestlerX worked his arm for about 10 minutes, but there was little to no selling for the duration of the match.

....and a few examples like that.

Another one for my point:

Benoit faced wrestlerY and busted out the matwork we knew wrestlerY was capable of. All the transitions were smooth, like headlock into back mount into rolling sleeper.

Angle faced wrestlerY and wrestlerY tried the matwork but then Angle just hit him with a chair repeatedly then got 3 tables out from under the ring to use.

See? There's the difference between saying something and proving it with evidence other than your opinion on certain characteristics of a wrestler.

And here's another thing that's bothering me. Listing Benoit matches versus wrestlers Angle faced and saying the matches with Benoit were better is not proof! You can't just say they were better and move on.

Example:

Benoit vs. wrestlerZ > Angle vs. wrestlerZ

BECAUSE

Benoit elevated all of wrestlerZ's repetitive spots, like when he made his hurricanrana the end result of about 5 reversals. The crowd popped like nuts. He forced Z to build to his big missle dropkick because the first few times he went up, Benoit stopped him, but he got closer and closer to pulling it off every time. Then when he finally did the crowd went nuts.

When Angle wrestled Z, he just let him hit his signature moves with no build, then Angle hit his moves and it was over. Whoopdee-doo.

Please back this stuff up. You can't just say certain things are better and "How could anyone see it any other way." Because opinions can be different. So cite specific examples.