TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

wwe vengence 2003

Guest wwF1587

so i was at best buy, picking up simpsons season 3 :P , anyway i saw vengence was on the shelves and i loved that ppv and i almost picked it up but i didnt see any extras listed so i was curious.. is there any extras? I mean the ppv is worth the price without extras but they would be nice...

I saw it last night, as well, and didn't look like any extras. Same thing was reported in early August: No extras announced. If you haven't seen the PPV, yet, it's still worth buying. Three awesome matches in Eddie vs. Benoit, TWGTT vs. Rey & Kidman, and the Triple Threat main event. Some consider this to be the best PPV this year, although I happen to think that WM XIX is slightly better.

You're right. It seems like they only take about a month or so to be released. The SummerSlam DVD is set to be released on late September, according to Amazon.com

Guest wwF1587

i remember when ppvs use to come out like three months after the original air date... no they are coming out mothly, which is just another reason NOT to buy ppvs if they are coming out the next month

Guest rawmvp

What's on the cover?

Please don't say the Undertaker because that would mean Sable will be on the Summerslam DVD cover, which would make absolutely no sense!

What's on the cover?

Please don't say the Undertaker because that would mean Sable will be on the Summerslam DVD cover, which would make absolutely no sense!

Yep, it's only Undertaker in his fighting stance like the poster. As for Summerslam, I don't think they'll put Sable on the cover when all she did was accompany A-Train to the ring. I figure they'll put the Elimination Chamber and maybe Angle & Brock.

Remember Coliseum Video? It would take months! Now that WWE produces it, they can do it very quickly as they have better knowledge, equipment, resources, and it's a shit load cheaper.

Which still makes the whole fact that they don't show off the WCW, ECW, etc. videos in DVDs with different retro shows.

Remember Coliseum Video? It would take months! Now that WWE produces it, they can do it very quickly as they have better knowledge, equipment, resources, and it's a shit load cheaper.

Which still makes the whole fact that they don't show off the WCW, ECW, etc. videos in DVDs with different retro shows.

I was unaware that Coliseum Video was a separate entity--I always thought it was just the name of the home video division of WWF.

What's on the cover?

Yep, it's only Undertaker in his fighting stance like the poster. As for Summerslam, I don't think they'll put Sable on the cover when all she did was accompany A-Train to the ring. I figure they'll put the Elimination Chamber and maybe Angle & Brock.

I agree. I was at Summerslam and they had t-shirts that were new logos. Actually got one. One side had Brock and Kurt Face to Face with the Summerslam logo and the other had all 6 members of the Chamber's faces around the Chamber I believe.

I don't think Vince wants us to remember that anything other than WWE ever existed.

"WCW? What's that? nWo came from WCW? No, no, that was my idea, in early 2002. Hogan as a heel! Clever! Never been done before! Yep, us McMahon's sure is smart..." - Impression of Vince

Guest Salacious Crumb

I got it the other night and there are no extras.

Anyone else getting pissed at the ads you have to FF through everytime you put a recent WWF DVD in?

Just watch it on DVD-Rom. You can skip them

Since when? They're been making it so that you can't skip some of the shit at the start of DVDs lately. At least you can fast forward the tape.

Guest Choken One

I had no problem...I just hit Disc Menu and it skips over them and besides...it's a 25 second spot...

Since when? They're been making it so that you can't skip some of the shit at the start of DVDs lately. At least you can fast forward the tape.

When I watch it on Windows Media I can skip stuff

Using WinDVD4, you can right-click on the DVD (while it's playing) and skip straight to the main DVD menu.

According to SilverVision, nope, no extras. Talk about lame. I guess those budget cuts are hitting at an all time high. I haven't had an extraless WWE DVD since...No Way Out 2002. O_O I would've been happy with a bonus match being on it or even the damn match promos...

What's on the cover?

WWE1066.jpg

And according to Amazon.com, Sable is going to kept on the SS cover.

*groans

I agree. I was at Summerslam and they had t-shirts that were new logos. Actually got one. One side had Brock and Kurt Face to Face with the Summerslam logo and the other had all 6 members of the Chamber's faces around the Chamber I believe.

I was there too, but by the time the event ended, that shirt was sold out so I got Brock's instead since I didn't have that one at the time. But damn, I wanted that SS shirt so bad, the Angle / Lesnar staredown just looks so cool. :(

Guest Askewniverse
Not even the Dragon / Kanyon Heat match or any interviews on it, pathetic...

Hell, there isn't even an insert.

However, I got the WWE entrance videos DVD for free when I bought Vengeance. That could count as an extra, albeit a somewhat shitty one.

lol, I got that DVD for free too and to think they wanted $20 + for it when it first got released...

EDIT: By the way, Benoit's and Sean O'Haire's themes are kept intact.