TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

MTV VMAs...tonight

That opening monologue was pretty lame, but the shot at R. Kelly was great.

Yeah for Rock that was pretty weak. But the R Kelly joke had me ROLLING on the floor.

I've never watched one of these before. Have they always done it in movie quality picture like that?

I'd call it more of a PAL to NTSC conversion picture quality.

I've never watched one of these before. Have they always done it in movie quality picture like that?

It was always regular frame, but changed to that picture style last year.

Guest stardust

Yes, they did. So did Madonna and Christina, but MTV cut away from that to show Justin's reaction to Madonna and Britney.

Guest Choken One

which gives away the supposed spontaitey of the moment...

I like to think it was unplanned but it was...wished Brit slipped tonuage.

Dull show overall.

Missy winning best video was bleh! Justin winning best male was a joke. Coldplay seemed unenthused. Good Charlotte's song seemed way slower then it usually does. And they always say "HUGE SUPRISES"...not much this year

Well Madonna and Britney kissing is a pretty big surprise to me. (It is my new desktop) Enough for me to watch the beginning again.

Who performed last?

Guest Ecto Cooler
Who performed last?

Metallica.

There's another VMA thread in the Music folder you should check out.

Well, I was flipping back and forth between the VMAs and the Georgia Tech game, and then I missed the last hour to go lift anyway, but did you say Missy Elliot won for best OVERALL video?! I was pissed she even won for best hip-hop video. Missy Elliot sucks. My favorite part of "Work it" is when she runs out of real lyrics and starts saying batata for 30 seconds. She doesn't deserve any recognition if you ask me.

Just about every artists affiliated with Puffy, has been the same damn routine. Wear whacky neon baggy clothes, dance kind of unorthodox. Why the hell was this anything great?

Question: how in the world did eminemt win best video from a movie? All his video was, was clips from 8 Mile...that is it......WTF? Am I missing something or is this just blatant pushing of MTV's new goldenboy?