TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dmann2000

The ONE and ONLY Demolition Thread

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I only seen a picture from behind them, and I can't tell. Both were a little chunkie and niether had long or even medium length hair.

Guest BAR

Well, if you're getting nothing under Demolition, there's probably not much there. You'll get a shitload of stuff typing 'full match' 'WWF' 'tag team' etc.

Guest Boo_Bradley

So what's evryone's favorite Demo match

I'll go with Demos vs Harts at SSlam 90 (hot crowd, good drama, and I was a huge Hart Foundation fan at the time) I also like Demos vs Harts at SSlam 88.

Guest BAR

Hmm, probably WMVI or SSlam88. I would say undoubtably SS88 but I haven't seen it in around 7-8 years.

I have to admit I marked the hell out when Warrior teamed with LoD to take on the Demos... that was a feud that should have been bigger than it was..... LoD vs. Demolition...

"Pain and destructiion, is all they know, man..."

Guest Dmann2000

*Bump*

I just want to say I think the BrainBusters got the best matches out of Demolition,

I'm watching their 5/89 SNME encounter and it has great heat, and all 4 guys have their working boots on, great tag match.

Guest Black Tiger

The Coliseum Tape Best of WWF Vol. 13 has their MSG debut. The case for the video has Darsow as Smash, but it's clearly Randy Colley during the match.

The Coliseum Tape Best of WWF Vol. 13 has their MSG debut. The case for the video has Darsow as Smash, but it's clearly Randy Colley during the match.

is it possible to find this match on kazaa

I'm 100% sure that is NOT Randy Culley. Culley was MUCH shorter and older looking in his Demo makeup. I'm pretty sure there is no CV footage of Culley as Smash. Darsow was just growing his hair back from being Krusher Kruschev(sp?). I will say Darsow certainly didn't have the Smash character down pat yet.

Check out a Moondogs match and then that Demos match. Darsow is much bigger.

Its about time this got bumped, so I was capping SummerSlam 1989 earlier tonight and I just marked out so bad watching Demolition - Duggan Vs. Twin Towers - Andre The Giant. It wasn't anything mindblowing, but just fun to watch Duggan being part of the team by sporting their black mask along with Duggan cheating to win the match. And this great pose:

DemolitionDuggan.jpg

By the way, some questions:

1.) When did Crush join the group?

2.) How long did Demolition last with it as Smash / Crush?

3.) What was Demolitions's last match and what caused their demise?

4.) And finally, did they ever do like a Triad thing with all 3 of them coming down for whatever match?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Its about time this got bumped, so I was capping SummerSlam 1989 earlier tonight and I just marked out so bad watching Demolition - Duggan Vs. Twin Towers - Andre The Giant. It wasn't anything mindblowing, but just fun to watch Duggan being part of the team by sporting their black mask along with Duggan cheating to win the match. And this great pose:

DemolitionDuggan.jpg

By the way, some questions:

1.) When did Crush join the group?

2.) How long did Demolition last with it as Smash / Crush?

3.) What was Demolitions's last match and what caused their demise?

4.) And finally, did they ever do like a Triad thing with all 3 of them coming down for whatever match?

1.) Crush joined Demolition in the early summer of 1990. It was out of nowhere when 3 members showed up and McMahon was like "Wait?! THREE?!?!"

2.) As Just Smash/Crush, they stopped teaming right after WM VII, so about 5-6 months.

3.) Their last TELEVISED match was WM VII, but Smash wrestled solo a bit while Crush was gone to get into better shape (and train more).

4.) I'd guess so.

BTW, I have the MSG Debut of Demolition and it is DEFINITELY Randy Culley (considering it was February 1987 and Darsow came in around April of 87)

Guest theoldxpac

Demolition are my fav tag team of all time. They were fucking awesome and the attire and theme music was the same. I also mark out pretty bad whenever i see that summerslam 89 match.

I wasnt a fan of wrestling til survivor series 90 so i saw very little of the demos. but now watching old wms and other ppvs, I think I would have been a huge fan if I was watcing in those days (then again I was born at the the end of 82 so) The theme song from the piledriver albulm does rule, I thought for sure it would be on the anthology. Even if ax was suing vince, he could still use the song, jim johnston wrote it and derringer sang it just like real american so technically it belongs to wwe (and thats probably why we havent seen wm on dvd yet, besides all the mentions of wwf that would have to be edited out, all kinds of wrestlers from the past would come out of the woodworkd and demand compensation -but then again they came out with the wm box set in 97 then a new one in 98 (which I own). Anways I'm thoroughly confused now so I'll stop.

*Bump*

I just want to say I think the BrainBusters got the best matches out of Demolition,

I'm watching their 5/89 SNME encounter and it has great heat, and all 4 guys have their working boots on, great tag match.

I remember on wwf primetime the monday after it happened, Monsoon kept talking about how the brainbusters cheated to win and Heenan said he would prove they didnt. So then they show a replay of the match but Heenan edited out the chair shot.

Guest theoldxpac

is it possible to find this match on kazaa

Nope, that would be a miracle.

Ive found a rockers/demos match on kazaa but it never downloaded :( so appart from that ive only seen their ss90 & WMIV matches & a clip of them against Baba & Andre in japan.

Yes they did have another theme before Derringers version, they had it while they were heels in early 87 i believe. I have it on my computer.

And yes it is: "Pain and destruction is our middle name"

My ultimate dream match is Demolition V The Road Warriors in a cage in their primes :D So much ass would be kicked.

I found this off Wrestleview.com, but I'm sure most of you knew this stuff. Just for those who didn't. :P

DEMOLITION - FAQ

Who were the members of the Demolition?

The two original members of the team were Bill Eadie who played Ax and Randy Culley who played Smash. Culley was fired by the WWF only after around a month of playing Smash and Barry Darsow took this place. Bryan Adams who played Crush was added as a third member of the team in 1990 after Ax developed serious health problems and couldn't meet the demanding schedule of the WWF. The three members took turns fighting but it was mostly Smash and Crush who fought. Ax was fired from the WWF and soon after the other two members of Demolition broke up.

Why was Ax fired?

Ax's health problems which were preventing him from wrestling a lot had taken a turn for the worse in 1991. The WWF figured it was too risky to have Ax fighting for them if they already had two members for Demolition. So the WWF released him around March of 1991.

Soon after his WWF release Ax filed a lawsuit against the WWF. Ax claims the WWF agreed to hire him for life if he gave them the rights to the Demolition name. It is believed that Ax lost the case but that is not certain.

Did they ever wrestle The Road Warriors?

Yes. All three members of Demolition fought The Road Warriors and Ultimate Warrior in many WWF house shows in 1990. Ax and Smash did fight the two members of Road Warriors in a tag team cage match at one house show though when Ultimate Warrior no-showed it and Crush was injured. The Road Warriors won the match.

There is confusion that the Demolition fought the Road Warriors many times in 1988. The team Demolition fought in 1988 were not the warriors and were a team known as the Powers of Pain. The team was pretty much a Road Warriors lookalike.

Was there a team called the New Demolition?

Yes. Ax and a wrestler named Flash wrestled under the name New Demolition in various independent federations. The WWF gave Eadie(Ax) threats of legal action and the team was stopped shortly after.

Is the Demolition getting back together?

It is not certain if we will ever see the Demolition again. The WWF and Bill Eadie have been fighting over the rights to the Demolition name ever since 1991. It is believed WWF is winning the case but I'm not sure if the case is actually over.

Who performed their theme music?

The Demolition theme song was performed by rock star Rick Derringer.

Just to confirm, these matches are where Smash is played by Randy Culley I know for sure, and are the only matches of Culley that aired on TV:

WWF @ East Rutherford, NJ - Meadowlands - January 5, 1987

WWF Superstars taping:

1/17/87:

Demolition (w/ Johnny V) defeated Salvatore Bellomo & Mario Mancini (Demolition's debut; Randy Culley aka Moondog Rex played the role of Smash until being replaced by Barry Darsow)

WWF @ Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Arena - January 6, 1987

Wrestling Challenge taping:

1/25/87:

Demolition (w/ Johnny V) defeated Jerry Allen & Sivi Afi when Ax pinned Allen following the Decapitation at 2:47

I own the Challenge match, and there is a pretty good close up shot of Culley.

Darsow was definitely Smash at these two matches at the next set of TV tapings, as I have checked both of these matches, and Graham Cawthon confirms it anyway:

WWF @ Tampa, FL - SunDome - January 26, 1987

WWF Superstars taping:

2/14/87:

Demolition (w/ Johnny V) defeated Mario Mancini & Sivi Afi at 1:19 when Ax pinned Mancini following the Decapitation (the first appearance of Demolition with Barry Darsow playing the role of Smash)

WWF @ Ft. Myers, FL - Lee Civic Center - January 27, 1987

Wrestling Challenge taping:

2/8/87:

Demolition (w/ Johnny V) defeated SD Jones & Don Driggers when Ax pinned Driggers with a clothesline after a slingshot from Smash at 1:58

Ax and Smash did fight the two members of Road Warriors in a tag team cage match at one house show though when Ultimate Warrior no-showed it and Crush was injured. The Road Warriors won the match.

LOD fought Demolition in straight up 2-on-2 tag matches a few dozen times in 90 / 91.