TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Official College Football thread

Wow what a finish and that drop was just shocking, poor guy since he put them in that position to win. Mississippi is still undefeated in the SEC.

Guest Flyboy

I live in Lubbock, but Tech is going to get killed. If they DO win... talk about a fucking riot.

Tech's offense can compete with OU... the defense is another story. If the defense can shut down Oklahoma or at least keep them about even with the Tech offense, I'll be surprised but happy.

The only reason that I brought up Tech as a possible upset is that Tech's offense is so overpowering and both Nebraska and K-State (Oklahoma's possiple B12 title game opponents) look like they have enough flaws that OU will beat them handily.

Bleh can't we talk about this like um the week of the game?

Anyways here's the really big news...STANFORD~ beat Arizona State 38-27. Ya 4-4 mother fucker! Come on still got a shot at the "historic" Silicon Valley Bowl! ;)

Here is your score of the day: San Diego State 7, UNLV 0. Yup that was the final score.

Guest Flyboy
Tech's offense can compete with OU... the defense is another story. If the defense can shut down Oklahoma or at least keep them about even with the Tech offense, I'll be surprised but happy.

The only reason that I brought up Tech as a possible upset is that Tech's offense is so overpowering and both Nebraska and K-State (Oklahoma's possiple B12 title game opponents) look like they have enough flaws that OU will beat them handily.

Stop giving people wet dreams here, teke. It ain't happening.

TEX/OKST and VT/PITT are two VERY good games going on tonight.

TEX/OKST and VT/PITT are two VERY good games going on tonight.

As great as those games are, I'm riveted to the Clemson/Florida State game. Man, the parties around here later tonight after this game... Tommy Bowden saved his job with this game. This game is SO HUGE for Clemson. Those goalposts are going down like a female Clemson student after you promise her a new tractor. (South Carolina humor, don't try to get it)

Its all over...Pittsburgh wins.

So Miami, Virginia Tech, and Florida State (eventually) all lose. Don't look now the #3 team in the BCS on Monday is going to be...OHHHio State.

Well my guess is TCU won't jump three spots even though three teams in front lost as it just doesn't work that way. I'll say they'll come in at #7 but that would just leave them one spot out of a guarenteed BCS berth. Thing is I just can't get as excited about them as I was about Northern Illinois as TCU has just as been about as unimpressive as an undefeated team ever can be.

Oh on a side note about the Big East bowl picture from earlier is now after Pittsburgh's win, West Virginia now controls their own destiny to win the Big East. They play Pittsburgh next week at home and if they win they hvae an excellent shot at winning the conference. Pittsburgh even though they are undefeated still of course have Miami in the last game so its not an easy road for them. WVU has Syracuse and Temple remaining after the Pittsburgh game.

#3 team in the BCS may be Ohio State but not for long. That lucky horseshoe up their ass is going to fall out, most likely against Michigan.

Don't look now the #3 team in the BCS on Monday is going to be...OHHHio State.

Noooooooooo...

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing them go to the champ game if they get totally raped, Dirty Sanchezed and raped some more by OU like they did to A&M today

Man, TCU had to make some sort of deal with the devil to have three teams in front of them fall.

If they run the schedule, it'll be like Tulane '98 or Marshall '99... it'll be a semi-good sports story, but they'll get about as much coverage from the sports media as any of the lowest bowl teams from any of the big 6 conferences

Oh come its OHHHio State! They never job! Ya they put over Wisconsin but what good it do them? They've been jobbing ever since! OHHHSU only jobs to teams that aren't a threat to their spot! God I hope they didn't politic their way to going over Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl and winning the Big Silver Football. Damnit OHHHio State stop holding everyone down! ;)

Pittsburgh even though they are undefeated still of course have Miami in the last game so its not an easy road for them.

Didn't you hear the analysts today though? Miami FUCKING SUCKS! That's the ONLY way Tennessee beat them! Pittsburgh will have no problem dispatching such a sad excuse of a football team.

Sorry, in case you couldn't tell, the downplaying of our big win today has me REALLY pissed. It was given the friggin' BCS Spotlight Game designation, and the moment Miami loses it's suddenly considered unimportant. Doesn't help that Kellen Winslow had to shoot his mouth off afterward to the press and they're replaying it non-stop, thus making something in the locker room after the final gun seem more important than what happened on the actual field of play.

Let's see how they react to Clemson beating Florida State. I will grant them that Clemson beating Florida State is a legitimate shock, so I won't mind them talking about Florida State's poor performance as opposed to Clemson's (very good) performance. As someone who's been force-fed Clemson football around here, I'm just as surprised as everyone else. We never beat Florida State. It's like a natural law. The commentator had me irked at the end when he railed against fans rushing the field and ripping goalposts down. It's just another fucking tradition in a sport DRIPPING with tradition. Let the kids have their goddamn fun.

Oh come its OHHHio State! They never job! Ya they put over Wisconsin but what good it do them? They've been jobbing ever since! OHHHSU only jobs to teams that aren't a threat to their spot! God I hope they didn't politic their way to going over Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl and winning the Big Silver Football. Damnit OHHHio State stop holding everyone down! ;)

Before f'king Tressel came along, the Luckeyes played Luger to Michigan's Flair, and all was right in the world.

You're forgetting about the 1998 Sugar Bowl champ season, the first year of the BCS where they were pissing and moaning that they should be National Champs if Florida State beat Tennessee in the Fiesta. Was Tressel coaching them then? I honestly don't know.

Of course, I keep mixing Tressel and Krentzel up. I know one's the coach and the other is the quarterback, but I can't keep them straight to save my life.

You're forgetting about the 1998 Sugar Bowl champ season, the first year of the BCS where they were pissing and moaning that they should be National Champs if Florida State beat Tennessee in the Fiesta. Was Tressel coaching them then? I honestly don't know.

Honestly, I don't remember much anything about the 1998 college football season except for Kansas State getting doubly screwed (first against Texas A&M and then by getting dumped in the Holiday Bowl), hence everything else from that year is one big blur

As I've said before, '98 was the roller coaster from hell for me for football (KSU and Minnesota Vikings)... the coaster goes up... up... up... looks like we're gonna get our chances at the championships... and in come the football deities saying "NO YOU DON'T!" and send the coaster down a 90° plunge straight to football hell

Not that I'm bitter, oh no

BTW the coach back then was John Cooper, who was there from 1988 to 2000, and us Michigan fans loved him because we went 11-2 against him in that time, including knocking them out of the 1996 national title hunt. Since Tressel has come in, we've gone 0-2 and watched OHHHio State win a national title

I'm still not bitter...

For some reason, Oklahoma/Ohio State interests me as a national title game.

And if anyone is holding the rest of the football universe down, it's OklaHHHoma. Good lord, they don't even sell for anyone.

And if anyone is holding the rest of the football universe down, it's OklaHHHoma. Good lord, they don't even sell for anyone.

OHHHio State won its national title with help from the referees and the "wait...wait...wait...FLAG!" penalty when the game should've been over, that's why they get the three H name

If (hopefully when) OU wins, they'll do it all on their own

Ah, so that's everyone's beef. I was rooting for Ohio State, actually. I like some swagger in my football teams, but Miami has always just been pricks and I was elated to see them put down.

Besides, that was last year, people. LIVE IN THE NOW~!

I was just taking the HHH comparison to the literal level, which Oklahoma certainly fits.

Ah, so that's everyone's beef. I was rooting for Ohio State, actually. I like some swagger in my football teams, but Miami has always just been pricks and I was elated to see them put down.

Well, I don't know about everyone, but it's certainly mine (being a Michigan fan and certified Luckeye hater)

I was just taking the HHH comparison to the literal level, which Oklahoma certainly fits.

Oklahoma would be more like Earthquake, squashing everyone in sight

Side note: Who/what the hell is that in your avatar, and what is she saying?

Damnit I messed up what I said earlier about West Virginia controlling their own destiny. So since I've bothered to go through it so much today here is the Big East title race breakdown:

Pittsburgh - win out and they win the title.

Miami - win out, which would include a win over Pittsburgh, only lose out on tiebreak if they end up tied with Virginia Tech.

West Virginia - win out and need Pittsburgh to beat Miami, would create a three-way tie with Pitt and Va Tech and they would win the tiebreak since they beat them both.

Virginia Tech - win out, need West Virginia to lose one game, need Pittsburgh to lose two games, this would set up the tie with Miami.

Oklahoma is squashing everyone. But that's what they are usually like. They generally lose whenever they get lazy and think they have a game in the bag. Witness OSU the past 2 years. This year they finally realized just because they are the very best in the nation doesn't mean they are unbeatable.

Arizona, UCLA, and Oregon State. Of those, UCLA is probably the best bet because of the rivalry there. Arizona has no shot and I'm not sure if Oregon State can pull it off.

Oklahoma is squashing everyone. But that's what they are usually like. They generally lose whenever they get lazy and think they have a game in the bag. Witness OSU the past 2 years. This year they finally realized just because they are the very best in the nation doesn't mean they are unbeatable.

Kansas State's the only North team who could beat OU in the championship game. That would require cold and windy weather, which would take away OU's passing game. K-State's good enough athletically on defense where they could play with the Sooners.

Kansas State's the only North team who could beat OU in the championship game. That would require cold and windy weather, which would take away OU's passing game. K-State's good enough athletically on defense where they could play with the Sooners.

Yeah but OU would have to play them in the bowl championship. And I think OU's defense is to good for Kansas State to get through anyways.

OU ain't losing unless they have a bad day and the other team plays very hard....even then it's tough.