TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kahran Ramsus

TOAO NFL Season Opener Thread

It's week 1, can't possibly base the rest of the season on the first game.

ESPECIALLY in the NFL (*looks at NE's gangbuster start and the Jets' shitty start last year*)

I wish people would get that through their heads. If it actually did, Joey Harrington and Tommy Maddox would be the AFC and NFC MVPs.

True, but you can still find some things out about certain teams.

For example, Martz is doing the exact same damn things that buried the Rams last year, showing that he hasn't learned a thing. Thus, the Rams are doomed to failure unless they change things in a hurry.

Hell, that goes all the way back to Superbowl XXXVI, where he pretty much ignored Faulk for 3/4 of the game.

For you Sports Guy fans Here's his diary for yesterday's games (Pats-Bills and Sox-Yankees)

Here's a gem:

9:50: My buddy Hench arrives at the New Sports Guy Mansion ... he's already ranting about Jeff Suppan, who hasn't even finished warming up in the bullpen. Most Boston fans are insane; Hench is completely, utterly, totally insane. This is a man who was heading to his fantasy football draft last week and told his wife, "This day is the highlight of my year," when he just got married two months ago. That went over well.

For example, Martz is doing the exact same damn things that buried the Rams last year, showing that he hasn't learned a thing. Thus, the Rams are doomed to failure unless they change things in a hurry.

That, of course, is a good thing.

As long as the Rams are failing, all is right with the world.

New stadium, same boo birds.

I don't know if it's the Bucs D, or just bad play that is doing it to the Eagles offense.

What a fucking disgrace.

First of all, Andy Reid, you have a 245 pound of muscle QB. So on the one yard line, let the QB sneak it at least once you stupid fuck.

Second of all, the fucking checkdown passes are a joke. Throw the ball more than 5 fucking yards and maybe you will open up some room. Instead of every defensive player starting within two yards of the line.

Offensive line - blows

McNabb's passing - blows

Coaching - blows

Play calling - blows

I don't care if they come back to win, they deserve to lose this game badly. I kind of wish the score was 20-0 so they would realize how shitty they have been. 10-0 doesn't look that bad in the box score.

Hollis Thomas has looked good though. And...um...it is time to start looking for Tra Thomas' replacement. Yeah, I ran out of positives.

In this game, there really isn't much else to talk about.

And I am starting to feel bad for the defense. You've got an eight minute drive, then your offense comes out for about 30 seconds before sending you back on the field.

We could have the battle of the shutouts next week, though, Pats-Eagles. Who will score their first points of the season? Find out next week.

Guest Flyboy
I don't know if it's the Bucs D, or just bad play that is doing it to the Eagles offense.

It's a combination of both.

Not really. This games pretty damn boring.

It would really suck for the Eagles to get shut out in the first game of the season, the first game at their new Stadium.

Me thinks the NFC East might have a bit more competition this year, with the Giants and Redskins improved overall.

Sapp catches a pass for a first down! LOL

Guest Choken One

Philly/NE was one of the HUGE SB popular picks...

and they both (as of this typing) have been blanked...

Tickets were sold out as soon as they went on sale. And I was not paying scalper/ebay price. A little too rich for my blood. And thank god I made that decision.

New contender for stupidest thing Madden ever said:

"This has to be disappointing for the Philadelphia Eagles."

Disappointing for the Eagles?!? Try the fans, the players are still going to get their money, the fans blew a ton of money, dealt with a bunch of bullshit, and are rewarded with a contest they treat as a 5th preseason game, apparently. FUCK THAT.

Guest Choken One

I know it's only week one but JESUS they hyped this as if it was the superbowl with the new stadium and shit...what does that tell you about this team?

Can I change my SB pick from Tenn/Philly to Tenn/Tampa