TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Reality TV Award Show...

This is from EW.com

"Just when we thought barrel-bottom scraper "Who Wants to Marry My Dad?" had killed off reality TV once and for all, ABC has announced plans to air an awards show dedicated to the stranger-than-fiction genre. The two-hour special set to air this fall will be overseen by eight-time Emmy Awards producer Don Mischer.

While ABC promises a "blue ribbon" panel of 200 entertainment industry insiders will choose nominees in categories like "Best Twist," "Most Memorable Moment," and "Best Series," television viewers will make the final decision using an Internet balloting system. Only programming that aired in the 2002-2003 season (including shows from this summer) will be considered.

Lest anyone conjure up images of teary acceptance speeches and heartwarming video montages, Mischer says the program won't exactly follow in the footsteps of more formal awards shows. "This will be a fun show, as we recall some of the biggest reality moments in primetime -- from the funniest to the scariest, the sexiest to the most scandalous," he said in a statement. Does that mean we'll finally see the award for "Best Public Nudity Involving Peanut Butter?" C'mon, you know you want to."

All I have to say is ugh.

So basically, it's clip show filler for ABC.

And even though I like some reality shows - Survivor, Amazing Race, Mole, Beg Borrow and Deal (notice that three of them involve travel and completing tasks?) - I don't think I'll be watching this. But then, I hate watching awards shows.