TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shlidgn90

dirty pretty things

this movie was released last year, but it is being played in theatres now. i have seen tons of movies this year and this was by far the best. the movie was directed by stephen frears of high fidelity fame. it also features audrey tatou in an amazing performance (i didn't realize that she looked like catherine zeta jones). if anyone else has seen it, let me know your opinion.

I've seen it. It was good but missed out its chance at greatness.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

All of the parts about how immigrants live in London and about its underground are excellent. But the "thriller" aspect of the movie is disappointing and takes away from the grit of the story.

Audrey was great but the main star(not her) who's name escapes me is that much better. One of the best performances I've seen all year. Fuck too lazy to find his name.

stephen frears AND audrey tautou?

i am so there.

and how does she look like catherine zeta jones?

well audrey tatou playing an turkish woman resembles her very much in the facial area. tatou has an thinner face however.

the lead actor is named chiwetel ejiofor. he was amazing in this picture. especially considering he isn't african.

When I heard about this movie I knew they would push Audrey as the star in the ad campaign, even though the guy that plays Okwe carries the movie.

I thought the thriller aspects were handled much better than they would have been in a Hollywood film.

I thought Sergi Lopez was great as the Sleazy Hotel Manager. I didn't realize until later that he played Harry in "With a Friend Like Harry..."