• White Snake
    • Poison
    • Dokken
    • 80's Kiss
    • Warrant
    • Tesla

Guest Plushy Al Logan

Def Leppard- Had thier ups and downs

Motley Crue- Can do no wrong, oh wiat, Vince Neil is in the band.

Bon Jovi- Horribly overated.

Quiet Riot- ::Plays "Cum On Feel The Noize"::

White Snake- Great videos and music

Poison- Michaels is God, second to David Lee Roth

Dokken- One hairband I have never heard

80's Kiss- Cheesy

Warrant- Enjoyable for a moment, I like to relive that moment

Tesla- Another one I havent heard.

The Metal Maniac:

Just got DoD and loving it; the suck is only cover-deep.

As for Riggs' departure, I figured as much, because the Rock in Rio cover wasn't quite right--normally even live albums get illustrated covers. Any idea why Riggs quit?

And yeah, the cover shouldn't matter, but you expect certain things when you get a Maiden album, and a bitchin' cover is one of them.

How they didn't opt to get another artist, even if that artist has a different style, boggles my mind. This cover...ugh...it looks like it was partly done with Poser, or if it was a grab from an intro from a Playstation game.

If it had been an illustration by Riggs, I think it'd been fine.

I see now that the BNW cover is partly CG--I didn't have it directly in front of me at the time I posted, and it isn't as noticable since Eddy *is* the main focus on that cover. Of course, CG people are always a lot harder to make than other things. However, the BNW cover was still dull compared to virtually any other of the Maiden covers. Aside from this, Rock in Rio, Edward the Great, Ed Hunter, and the X-Factor covers, weren't all of the Maiden covers by Riggs, even live albums and such, from the very beginning?

How did this cover get made and, before it went to print, NO ONE spoke up and said "er...no, that really sucks."

weren't all of the Maiden covers by Riggs, even live albums and such, from the very beginning?

In a word....no.

In slightly more words: Riggs didn't do The X Factor or Virtual XI, because I believe he had something of a falling out with Maiden in those days. Brave New World actually marked his return as well, in a sense.

He also didn't do Fear of the Dark, because while he actually DID draw a cover for it, Iron Maiden simply perferred the version that's on the CD. Outside of those mentioned though, yeah, he pretty much drew everything.

He's gone now because he apparantly just couldn't work with Maiden anymore - deadlines, pressure, hassle, or some combination thereof convinced him he'd be better off without them, I suppose.

But I won't argue - I would've GREATLY perferred if this album cover didn't suck. As it is, it honestly looks like someone scoured the net for a bit, got a few pictures, copy-and-pasted them all on there, and said "Ok, now this is what we want the album cover to look like. Get someone to draw it properly" and they never got anyone.

Like...it's just a poorly-done cover. Look at the baby's heel on the dog - it just sinks right in. And the woman on the left, look at her neck. It was just done badly.

But the album has some FINE fucking tunes (I think "No More Lies" is my favourite thus far) so it's all worth it in the end.

Okay, I knew he didn't for X-Factor, and Virtual XI I wasn't sure about because it looked pretty good. The guy who did Virtual XI's and Fear of the Dark--whether it's the same guy or two different guys--should have done the job on this one.

Yeah, it was the same guy for Fear of the Dark as it was for Virtual XI, Melvyn Grant.

Okay--they should get him back for at least the next one.

As far as I've noticed, there is not credit (blame?) for the cover in the liner notes.

Guest Thunder Rising!!!

I gotta admit that Bon Jovi is one of my fav band, guilty pleasure you might say.

I don't think they are even rated highly, so i guess they can't be over rated, but they do produce some good pop tunes.