TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagan469

I got a laptop from eBay

Guest Eagan469

I got a pretty nice laptop from eBay for $60.

233 MHZ

64 MB RAM

4 Gig HD

CD-ROM drive

Floppy drive

internal Modem

Serial, Parallel, USB, infared ports

Battery, AC Adapter

Problem is, the 12.1 inch LCD monitor doesn't work. I knew it was dead when i bought it, but I figured I could either have it replaced when I got it or fix whatever loose connections there were.

I hooked the laptop up to my Desktop monitor and it runs fine, so it's just the laptop's monitor that's supposedly dead.

Anyone have suggestions as to how I should fix/replace it? Are there any stores that do free diagnostics?

Edited by Eagan469

It's normally a very expensive process to replace a screen, and even original manufacturer's warranties sometimes don't cover this. Considering that laptop has a few years on it, it might be harder to find the right screen, and thus, be even more expensive.

Guest The Old Me
It's normally a very expensive process to replace a screen, and even original manufacturer's warranties sometimes don't cover this. Considering that laptop has a few years on it, it might be harder to find the right screen, and thus, be even more expensive.

That's what I'm thinking. This happened to a friend of mine and it took a while for him to find someone to look at it, and was then very costly since it was an older model.

Guest Eagan469

There's an eBay auction with the LCD screen I need (brand new) and I'll probably end up with it for less than $30.

Gotta love eBay.