TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Man I'm addicted to these games

I have been playing Captain Tsubasa 1-5 for the snes and nes solid for the past two weeks. For anybody who has no idea what I'm talking about (which could be everybody) these games are based on a popular manga turned to anime about the japan youth soccer team and in the traditional anime style realism is thrown out of the window and replaced with two man shots, jumping miles into the air and shots powerfull enough to rip the net of the goal. The game is setout like an RPG, where you can pass, dribble, tackle, etc. Also like an RPG each player on your team has a certain amount of HP which can depleted by using special shots and so forth. Also the game is riddeled with tactics, marking, substitution and team formation. The only problem is that most of the games are in japanese, but due to the fact that you only need to learn a few commands after the third match or so it really shouldnt be a problem.

In conclusion I love these games and would urge anyone who has an intrest in soccer or RPG's to give them a try.

Have you played the Tsubasa game on the GameCube? A friend of mine raves about it.

I have played it on a friends GC (since I dont own one) and it plays pretty darn good actually. I Still need to import one of the two PS1 games though.