TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

The One and Only Angel Season 5 Thread

Oh, yeah, that's funny. And Angel knowing about that painting at the museum.

On Bravo they're having this countdown of the best super heroes, female super heroes and super villains. Buffy was #3!

Thats cool, but 3? come on she couldnt at least get 2? lol and I sorta agree about Oz coming back, but I guess they wanted him to have at least a sorta sendoff, I still wish Oz could have been brought back for the end of the 7th season. Or at least have him join Angel in Season 5. Oz was good for his thought provoking statements and dry, sarcastic humor.

What bugs me is that Oz's exit in New Moon Rising is almost exactly the same as Wild at Heart, except WAH did it much better. It also feels too soon for him to have traveled all over the world and for Willow to feel that Tara is like her soul mate. Oz had only been gone for 12 episodes and Tara had only been in 8. If they were going to do that they should have waited till mid season 5.

Where the Wild Things Are gets better everytime I watch it. I used to think it was one of the worst ever. Now it's ok. I like the Anya/Spike shippage.

exactly.

Also, when Oz had his (maybe) Werewolf Sex with that chick, possibly just to get her into the cage, everyone seemed to forget Willow's thing with Xander. Not that it justifies anything, just saying...

Guest Brian
What bugs me is that Oz's exit in New Moon Rising is almost exactly the same as Wild at Heart, except WAH did it much better. It also feels too soon for him to have traveled all over the world and for Willow to feel that Tara is like her soul mate. Oz had only been gone for 12 episodes and Tara had only been in 8. If they were going to do that they should have waited till mid season 5.

I think it would have fit in especially well with the "Family" theme.

exactly.

Also, when Oz had his (maybe) Werewolf Sex with that chick, possibly just to get her into the cage, everyone seemed to forget Willow's thing with Xander. Not that it justifies anything, just saying...

Oz was all "I kinda know how you feel" referencing Willow and Xander. Willow said something stupid like "Don't you say that, what you did was so much worse, blah blah blah". Yeah, one night of possible mystic werewolf sex is way worse that carrying on a secret affair for weeks. Stupid Willow, that's when I started to really dislike her character.

Man, I think this is why I love Angel and dislike Buffy. By the end of Buffy, I didn't really like any of the main three Scoobies. On Angel, I just became even more of a fan of each character as the seasons progressed.

Man, I think this is why I love Angel and dislike Buffy. By the end of Buffy, I didn't really like any of the main three Scoobies. On Angel, I just became even more of a fan of each character as the seasons progressed.

Except for Cordy. There is no way you liked Cordy's growth, seeing how it sucked.

Angel's friends are not as funny and happy as Buffy's and there's not enough ships. I would love to meet and hang out with the scooby gang. I really wouldn't care to be with Gunn or Cordy.

Except for Cordy. There is no way you liked Cordy's growth, seeing how it sucked.

Oh, right, Cordy. Yeah, they screwed up her character good. I was more thinking of the Season 5 crew: Angel, Spike, Wes, Gunn, Fred, Lorne.

Guest Brian

I kinda miss Season 2. That time before all the shit hit the fan. I love the characters and all, but there was a time where Angel wasn't so hard on my emotions.

I had no problems with cordys character. She was far less annoying then she was in HS and still had her quick comebacks and lines. Killing her off is what they messed up on, but I guess her real life situation made it neccessary to have her be the villian in s4.

It's just lame how they try to sell her as a champion.

I'm watching Sex and the City and the Italian CEO of Wolfram & Hart is in this episode, playing basically the same character too.

It's just lame how they try to sell her as a champion.

I'm watching Sex and the City and the Italian CEO of Wolfram & Hart is in this episode, playing basically the same character too.

Whats with all those throwing around the champion label? However they did try to make her heroid, but agreeing to become part demon in order to keep her visions (which was actually part of Jamines plan), which is fine by me. Maybe they overdid it, but I don't have a big problem with it to be honest.

If Cordy is a champion then so is Dawn.

Has anyone else noticed the dragon in Not Fade Away is the same one in The Gift? I guess the Partners hired it after it came to Earth when the portal opened.....

If Cordy is a champion then so is Dawn.

Has anyone else noticed the dragon in Not Fade Away is the same one in The Gift? I guess the Partners hired it after it came to Earth when the portal opened.....

Angel probably killed the dragon anyhow. Come on does anybody think he would have backed down from the partner's monsters?

If Dawn was a champ then Dawn was the equivalent of the godfathers ho winning the hardcore title IMO :D

I'm thinking Angel, Spike, Gunn and Illyria all survived and won that battle. The dragon might have got away though.

Guest Brian

I don't understand why there's anything to go over. It's not about winning or losing, it's about fighting.

NFA::

ANGEL

Maybe they're not there to be beat. Maybe they're there to be fought. Maybe fighting them is what makes human beings so remarkably strong.

I doubt they would know what's going on.

I think most people overestimate the army and undereastimate Angel's chances. There's really not that many of the demons. It's not like there's hundreds. It's like 10 regular sized demons and a couple big ones. The point of the ending was to have the show end with a fight, not to imply that they die.

The upcoming Angel comic series is going to show what happened there. We already know Angel, Spike and Illyria survived.

Guest Brian

It doesn't matter. The point of the episode, and the show is not winning and losing. It's about fighting. Fighting personal demons. Fighting demons. Fighting for redemption. Fighting the ills of society. Fighting the source of corruption. Those things can't be avoided; we were always reminded that our heroes were flawed; that Wolfram and Hart could be razed and rebuilt, razed and rebuilt; that evil was always there. That's the poetry of life: it's adversity and struggle, pain and heartbreak, beauty and chilling emptiness.

I want to say "Five by Five" but I feel you need more investment in the Faith storyline.

I sat down & watched this on UPN syndication (even though I have the DVD) about a year and a half ago, and I remember thinking that it really would make a good introductory episode. It has a lot of cool elements: flashbacks, some nice Angel/Faith parallels, some really tense/exciting moments (Faith coming out of the shadows in Cordy's apartment, the torture scene, the crossbow & gun scenes), and an awesome fight scene. Yeah, you can appreciate Faith's story more if you've been following it all this time, but I think a new viewer would find her intriguing and would want to find out more about her.

I do agree that AYKOHYEB is probably the seminal introduction episode.

Guest Brian

I think it needs that Faith storyline, with her and Buffy, her and Angel (him trying to save Faith back in Sunnydale), and the whole Wes ordeal. It has some great moments, particularly the end with Wes dropping the knife on the rooftop. And maybe it tells the backstory well enough through dialogue to go without it: I don't remember. You get alot of different elements of Angel that make it really great; flashbacks, flawed hero, redemption, Wolfram and Hart, the loneliness/emptiness, and a point of progression of Wes' character.

I think it needs that Faith storyline, with her and Buffy, her and Angel (him trying to save Faith back in Sunnydale), and the whole Wes ordeal. It has some great moments, particularly the end with Wes dropping the knife on the rooftop. And maybe it tells the backstory well enough through dialogue to go without it: I don't remember. You get alot of different elements of Angel that make it really great; flashbacks, flawed hero, redemption, Wolfram and Hart, the loneliness/emptiness, and a point of progression of Wes' character.

That was a great 2 parter IMO.

I think the next time Mole asks for this threads closure, someone... some mod... some mod named Brian... should ban him from this folder.

I realized yesterday while doing some cleaning that I have 4 Angel box sets. I know that isn't a lot for some of you, but it's a lot for me. I don't think I've invested that much money into any particular interest of mine.

Rudo- I had season's 1-4 of Angel once, before I had to serll them for money. I did manage to get season 3 and 4 back, and then got season 5. I also have all seven seasons of Buffy, and the completer Firefly set.

THAT's a lot of money invested into something I love.

Guest Brian

God, Lineage is a beautiful little episode when you put it up against Billy. I just realized how this phone conversation at the end is like him and Fred at the end of Billy, where there's this divide he just can't close and conntect with the other person, who he wants to desperately come to terms with.

In early season 2 of Angel Darla keeps making him dream by putting that dust on him. How did she get into the hotel without them noticing? Wouldn't he smell her and know she was real?

In early season 2 of Angel Darla keeps making him dream by putting that dust on him. How did she get into the hotel without them noticing? Wouldn't he smell her and know she was real?

I wondered the same thing when I first saw that one.

HMMMMMMM?

I think the next time Mole asks for this threads closure, someone... some mod... some mod named Brian... should ban him from this folder.

END IT!

Well...It's been over a year since the show ended, the DVD is out and it looks like all of the actors have moved on.

Therefore, I will keep my promise and put this thread where it belongs, albeit about 50 pages late.

Dames