TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Things You Need on Your PC

Oh hell yeah! Suprnova.org (never go to .com or .net. They're scams) is the absolute bomb. Best use of the internet.

And their forums are also amazingly helpful for tonnes of computer info.

Guest T®ITEC

OK, so should I never use ZoneAlarm with Firefox? Because if I have ZoneAlarm running, Firefox won't load any websites. And it's not that it takes a long time; I get a message saying that google.ca doesn't exist.

Guest Vitamin X

I found a similar problem with Spyware S&D, and this is a brand new computer with Windows XP 2. I kept launching Firefox and it said in the status bar "Looking for site: launchmodem" and it also kept my Yahoo and AIM messengers from working properly (it was the web-based content embedded in them that made them crash). Since then, I took down the firewall, ran repair on my LAN connection (which flushes the DNS among other things) and rebooted numerous times to get it to work, until it finally did. I'm finding that these anti-spyware programs more often fuck up my computer than help protect them, but I'll go ahead and give Pest Control a shot since I don't like the idea of spyware/trojans on my computer at all.

My computer also somehow passed all those PC Flank tests in the first post of the thread, without the firewall. So I think I'm alright.

EDIT: Wait a minute Pest Patrol costs $40? Fuck a bunch of that.

I know this post is old as hell VX, but if you are still interested in a spyware program, give Webroot spysweeper a try. I downloaded the trial version and it found about as much stuff as adaware se, and spybot combined. plus some trojans. So I got me a cracked version and it works like a charm. So check it out if you're still looking. Holla at cha boy if you want the full thing.

I got a question. Is there a program where you can rip Segments from a dvd instead of the whole thing onto your computer?

Great thread by the way.

Someone care to re-gather this original list together, which is almost 3 years old? If so I can re-pin the new updated list.