TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nevermortal

The One and Only Raw Thread (9.22.03)

Well overall, Raw seemed like a well-booked show tonight, and I was actually really impressed with how Coach and Snow did as announcers. Hearing a heel perspective on things was really refreshing. However, little things like Bischoff forgetting to do a fast count just drive me fucking crazy.

...and the "undisclosed medical facility"...in Harrisburg, PA.

...and Test threatening to sue for breach of contract on a stipulation that can't hold up in court.

...and Austin apparently now able to attack Bischoff without being physically provoked (they MAY mention it next week, but not f'n likely).

...and Coach and Al apparently being incapable of sticking to heel roles and periodically marking over faces.

...and the production screw up (Camera 6, you're worst case scenario!).

I swear, Ed Wood could be resurrected from the dead, write, direct, and produce Raw and you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference (except for the debut of Angora-Train, of course).

Still, better Raw than usual. That is, not good, but for a Raw it was watchable.

Guest Polish_Rifle

I thought Raw was very good last night. Nothing bored me too much that I had to change the channel. They kept the crap short like Henry/Dreamer and Hurricane/Frenchies.

Jericho carried GB to a good match. The Divas did their thing and the crowd was WAY into it. LITA looked amazing! The 6 man tag was good. I love Test making Steiner his little bitch. And Coach and Snow for the most part were not annoying or detract from calling the matches.

No complaints from me for last night show.

I really like what Snow and Coachman did, because they weren't just "heel" commentators. They were commentators who happened to be supporters of Bischoff and Jericho and hate Austin. It was perfectly logical.

And seeing how big of a deal they made out of Austin attacking Bischoff without being provoked, I'd say they're definitely following up on it. Maybe Austin will get suspended, and Bischoff will get to rule the roost for a while, postponing JR and Coach's match until Survivor Series.

Guest deadbeater

I agree; Al and Coach were on the ball. They kept the shilling and catchphrases to a minimum. They showed heel tendencies, but presented as being reasonable and logical, not like that annoying "I didn't see nothing" crap that heel announcers usually did pre-Jesse Ventura.

And the women's match play by play and commentary was as good as it gets, putting all the women over as wrestlers, as opposed to how Jerry and Jim does it, like they want the women over their knees. No wonder it was the highest-rated segment of the night.