TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nevermortal

The One and Only Raw Thread (9.22.03)

Guest Eagan469

good show

well, compared to the 6-month streak of crap shows they've been maintaining

Well...I fell asleep after Mark Henry's match and woke up during the Evolution match, so I dunno exactly what I missed, but what I saw on this show wasn't bad.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Coach and Snow practically ARE JR and King.

ABC shilling John Ritter episodes. HA!

Coach and Snow practically ARE JR and King.

ABC shilling John Ritter episodes. HA!

Except they actually focused on the matches and didn't have to keep each other on topic or make stupid analogies about urine and skid marks.

Guest Patchimus

I definitely agree with S D. Kane's rampaging on Rob Van Dam, Shane McMahon and others has to work it's way into the Raw upper-card.

Kane should come out and beat Goldberg up a bit (in the promo that will more than likely start the show), but not destroy him just yet, signalling that he wants the big belt). Triple H comes out, maybe a little later, and partonises the hell out of Kane, telling him that he respects what he's done for this business (and not in a sarcastic way, in a legitimately respectful way, and not flanked by Evolution. Triple H is sincere, and some other things are said that back this up). Triple H makes the match between him and Kane for the No. 1 Contender's Spot for the World Heavyweight Championship (maybe next week on Raw), and/or the match is signed by/agreed to by Bischoff and/or Austin.

We have the No. 1 Contender's match tonight. Kane decimates Triple H in their match (giving him the time off, and setting him up for a face turn up re-arrival, and Evolution could really help in this way). Kane could go backstage, and possibly give Goldberg another bit of a touch-up, showing his authority to Goldberg. The match is next week, Goldberg is decimated, I mean absolutely annihilated. Goldberg's gone for good, or given a hell of a lot of time off (most likely the latter, unfortunately).

I know that the scene on Raw with the WHC may be somewhat empty without Kane and Triple H, but this way, we can help to get a lot of other worthy guys over, and do something fresh.

What do you think? Give me a holler.

Guest Eagan469

For those of you wondering, they actually used an OLD Evolution theme for their entrance tonight (3rd without ticking intro). They used their 5th theme for their exit tonight. So that makes it...

Evolution:

1st - "The Game" - Motorhead - WWF: The Music Volume 5

2nd - "Evolution" - instrumental theme - RAW 2

3rd - "Evolution" (early version) - Motorhead - WWE.com sample

4th - "Evolution" (final version) - Motorhead - unreleased

5th - 4th theme without "Evolution" quote at beginning

6th - 5th theme with "Royal Trumpet" intro

7th - 3rd theme without ticking intro

Seven themes. Damn.

Well overall, Raw seemed like a well-booked show tonight, and I was actually really impressed with how Coach and Snow did as announcers. Hearing a heel perspective on things was really refreshing. However, little things like Bischoff forgetting to do a fast count just drive me fucking crazy.

Guest Goodear

I'm not sure but it seemed to me like there was a botch on Austin tonight where he should have been out after the lionsault to make the stop. Maybe it was just the impression I got when Jericho was looking at Eric and Bischoff was egging him to keep attacking. Then after not doing much of anything they repeat the pinning bit and then Austin shows up. I'm thinking someone missed their cue.